Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Sally Hansen Girl Flower nail polish strips... with some seche vite top coat on top in an attempt to save them from getting wrecked

were these easy to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

by far the easiest of any of this sort of thing that I've tried so far.... wonder how they'll last though - from the blogs I've read I don't have high expectations :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I've been looking at those Sally Hansen strips, I have to say they look great on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Barry M Vivid Purple with claires accessories sparkly gold and rose gold glitter polish on top of it

nails2-2.jpg

Nails1-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Dark Phoenix,
    How do u keep your coffee table so clutter free :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

newwifey wrote: »
    Dark Phoenix,
    How do u keep your coffee table so clutter free :p

I was thinking similar :D You don't realize how nosey you are until you start eyeing up the things in the backround of a picture :)

I really want to try those Sally Hansen nail wraps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Been wearing Mavala The ELLE Orange since Sunday night, delighted with it, only have minor tip wear and one chip.

Elle-Orange-Mavala.jpg

Photo from Lipglossiping.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Today's nails, Sally Hansen 'Midnight in NY' all over, flowers done with Essence 'Shiny Godness' (gold) and L.A. Colors 'Electrified' (pink). Flowers done with the top of a hair pin.

Day14-FlowersOutsideCloseUp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

thats lovely ^^^

Today's nails, Sally Hansen 'Midnight in NY' all over, flowers done with Essence 'Shiny Godness' (gold) and L.A. Colors 'Electrified' (pink). Flowers done with the top of a hair pin.

LOVE thi. so simple but fabulous!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Very pretty nails!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Had to chop my nails cause 3 broke! :mad: But got my new polish so popped it on!

Ae_IfxsCQAENT3b.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I had a few scrapes in the paint on my aluminium framed road bike. Nail polish did an excellent cover up job and has shown no sign of coming off even after exposure to the elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My attempt at the matte/gloss manicure! It's Essie Divebar and Matte About You. I need to practice a bit!

2vj4vf4.jpg

And this is Heart of Gold from Topshop, so shiny!

mc93zm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Twee. wrote: »
    My attempt at the matte/gloss manicure! It's Essie Divebar and Matte About You. I need to practice a bit!

You could try using the Essence manicure guide strips? I find them quite good.

nails11.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The product of boredom and conveniently large amounts of rhinestones in my kit box. I quite like the gaudy 80s christmas tree effect :) Although not so much the nail glue on my inner lip

rainbow_nails.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pythia wrote: »
    You could try using the Essence manicure guide strips? I find them quite good.

I used them :o :pac: Like I said, I need practice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Saw a pic posted here last night, the stumbled across the stickers in my local chemists! Couldn't resist! Love love love!

1zfzbn.jpg

Those sally hansen wraps are so, so pretty. Hope you're telling people you drew them on by hand!

Would it be mental to shell out for a new bottle of seche vite when I have one sitting in a friends house that it's going to take a couple of weeks to get back? Baring in mind this will be my 3rd bottle in 2 months (one went smashy smashy when i decided to give myself a wine-fuelled manicure :( ) I really miss it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

No! You will buy another bottle anyway when that one runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

nails-7.jpg

silver on silver
    Leighton Denny's diamond diva with extra silver stuff on top

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Penny's had nails wraps on a display near the counter the other day.Think they were €4.99. Some nice designs too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

10hj87r.jpg

My weekend nails Essence 08,55,79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Those sally hansen wraps are so, so pretty. Hope you're telling people you drew them on by hand!

But of course! They're all marveling at my artistic ability :rolleyes:

This weeks nails. I was trying out striping brushes by kiss. not bad at all to use but I'd say they'll become a problem if the polish gets any way gloopy.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/182787.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/182788.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/182789.jpg

Catrice 'It's Rambo No. 5' with swarovski crystals. And seche vite back, couldn't deal without its beautiful shine anymore!

armybling-2-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked these up the other day delighted now I managed to get all four polishes :D

Victoria

nailsinc012.jpg

Tate

nailsinc011.jpg

Photos from I Haz A Beauty Blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

My attempt at Galaxy Nails!

Day+19+Galaxy+outside.bmp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Was wearing China Glaze Glistening Garland this weekend. It's gorgeous! I kept looking at my nails with it on :o

Sunlight-China-Glaze-Glittering-Garland-Swatch-Review.jpg

(pic is from Swatch and Learn blog).

Advertisement