Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

nursemar88 wrote: »
    My galaxy nails today!

shdO2.jpg

that came out really well. i've seen some woeful attempts at it :P
    what polishes did you use for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

musical.x wrote: »
    that came out really well. i've seen some woeful attempts at it :P
    what polishes did you use for it?

Thanks! I used:

Primark Black(for base layer) and then stippled on in different layers-a nail art white, OPI-Fiercely Fiona, Essence Multi Dimensional-Just Shout!, Sephora by OPI-It's All About Me, Primark-Glo Gaby Glo Electric Blue and just a little bright yellow on top with a nail art pen. I did the dots in OPI- Fiercely Fiona and stippled a little of Essence- Blue Addicted all over. Finished with a top layer of Rimmel glitter topcoat- Disco Gold

It's a long process but i think it turned out alright! a little brighter than I was going for but nice anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

whats the name of it? :)
    I think that's Iron Mermaiden? (possibly my favourite polish name ever :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

whats the name of it? :)

It's iron mer-maiden.And it was under 3 euro.delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

It's iron mer-maiden.And it was under 3 euro.delighted.

It's 50% off in McCabes at the moment :)

Watch this .... So true!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this today, Essie - Size Matters. I found one coat enough for full coverage.

Essie+Size+Matters+1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Pythia wrote: »
    Do you mean Metallic 4 Life? I took it off on Sunday night. Was not fun! It is a beautiful colour though!

Oops yes your right thats the one I meant :) I am dreading taking it off it does not look like it will be easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I found a coupon so I got 2 for the price of one! How could I resist!

4608500326_d5c0470b75.jpg
    China Glaze For Audrey - I can't afford Tiffany's but at least I can afford to wear it on my nails!

china-glaze-ruby-pumps-21.jpg
    China Glaze Ruby Pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

I found a coupon so I got 2 for the price of one! How could I resist!
    [
    China Glaze For Audrey - I can't afford Tiffany's but at least I can afford to wear it on my nails!

China Glaze Ruby Pumps
    Where did you get them? so pretty

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Where did you get them? so pretty

I found those at a Sally Beauty Supply shop. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

I found those at a Sally Beauty Supply shop. :)
    What a lucky find!! I've been looking for For Audrey everywhere! Hahah Just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy online i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

I got this in B&Q for 16euro. I managed to squash 27 polishes into the top drawer.

dscn2149ro.jpg

my corset nails. didnt turn out to good but they did the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Revlon sunshine Sparkle with China Glaze Twinkle Lights acent nail

The yellow took 4 coats :( must have taken me an hour in total! Don't know if I said this already but I've been using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as a top coat - it's brilliant, drys super quick and really shiny!

IMAG0836.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

17b330e86cfd7378433bb8e53a3f80d6.image.300x468.jpg
    2011-11-26+13.39.05.jpg
    1314717458-34019600.jpg

Well once again it seems I cant walk past a Barry M stand without buying anything.

^^^
    they caught me out with that offer before christmas. totally worth it though! the free one is very pretty :) shame our boots looks like a stampede of rhino came through and only aimed for the barry m section :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

wife_goes_on.png&w=300&h=300
    Wife Goes On

canyon_coral.png&w=300&h=300
    Canyon Coral

I need to step away from the pinks and corals.... They are all starting to look the same.
    Need to venture out a bit

they don't look the same...each has a subtle difference that only you can see.....ssshhhh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

They look different to me but then I have maybe 20 different shades of teal and dark blue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Thanks ladies.... :o

Here's my little 'pinks and corals' collection

With flash
    img20120125211434.jpg

without flash

img20120125211506.jpg
    img20120125211434.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I sold 4 polishes on eBay last week and have more up for auction, getting rid of a good few polishes.

I really want Essie Holly Day (glittery green), but am on a spending ban, although it's my birthday in a few weeks, could be justified as an early present, from me, to me.:pac:

^ What ones did you sell?

My spending ban has been well and truly ruined :o Two polishes arrived in the post for me this morning:

Nubar 2010 (flaky glitter - pic from Snowflake Says blog)
    Nubar2010swatch.JPG

and Sparitual Crystal Waters (pic from Nailphile blog)
    4221464219_d0366ae070.jpg

^ What ones did you sell?

My spending ban has been well and truly ruined :o Two polishes arrived in the post for me this morning:

Nubar 2010 (flaky glitter)
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCUEtwuCjE/ToejRDApa4I/AAAAAAAAAgQ/ACUPhmrdbIE/s640/Nubar2010swatch.JPG

and Sparitual Crystal Waters (pic from Nailphile blog)
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/4221464219_d0366ae070.jpg
    Heh mine was too, but am back on it now.

I sold China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic, Stella, Cowgirl Up and Sally Hansen Sally Hansen salon manicure Right Said Red.

Have another five Nails Inc polishes and eleven other polishes from Essence, The Colour Club, Ciaté, Eyeko, Sally Hansen and MUA (Make Up Academy).

I also had four Rimmel polishes for sale, will be re-listing them at some point, just waiting for a dispute to close before I can re-list them.

So that's twenty four polishes to get rid of. I still have about sixty which I use. :o

Selling the ones you don't use is a really good idea TLM! Least you'll get a nice wee bit of money out of it.

God, I've well over a hundred polishes at this stage, I'm definitely not buying any more for a while! :o Apart from one or two of the CG Electropop collection >.>

Selling the ones you don't use is a really good idea TLM! Least you'll get a nice wee bit of money out of it.

God, I've well over a hundred polishes at this stage, I'm definitely not buying any more for a while! :o Apart from one or two of the CG Electropop collection >.>
    True, although there isn't really much/any money to be made from nail polishes, my three China Glaze and Sally Hansen sold for €1 + postage.

I always start my auctions at €1 or €1.49 though 'cause it means you don't have to pay to list the items, if you start your auction at €1.50 or more, you have to pay. Think eBay charge 10% (not 100% sure though) and there's the PayPal fee's as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

old new borrowed blue gel uv polish

189891.jpg

same polish with a holographic glitter uv polish

189892.jpg

Ugh, I really need to start a spending ban like the rest of you... It's too easy to justify my purchases when they're on sale/I have a voucher :o Sorry for the crappy pics, it's off my phone

rm7e3l.jpg
    Essence - Space Queen, Choose Me!, Where is the Party?

25qcchs.jpg
    China Glaze - Lighthouse & Papaya Punch, Revlon's Emerald City

mi05et.jpg
    Zoya Sarah (my first zoya! and I had to get my own name :p), BL's Wallis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought two Essie polishes on ebay the other day:

Playa del Platinum
    essie_resortcollection006.jpg

and Lady Like
    22.jpg

Feeling a nude vibe at the moment! :)

only bought a few this week :p
    Catrice iron mermaiden images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKlB0nb5YEcm3w_zDevIRBeBq-wVslZARweFsVoc7L7Tuu0yf4GA

Catrice sand francisco
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0lxM99drTEqudVpo7vlgnbXafZLzMgrEbaiw99E2zNOpRpPN4

Catrice miss piggy reloaded
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAH8gGBTTOop0xM8TUR49pS6gqeCfRiYIuAGNWkj923gqpTkzu

none of these are my nails or pictures :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Coral & Konad bows on right hand, Khaki & Konad bows on left. Can't wait till I'm able to stamp my right hand in a non-wonky fashion

bow2.jpg
    bow1.jpg

Advertisement