Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I just did these with some no 7 basic nail varnishes :)

download.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

What Khaki polish was it? I adore Khaki, and only have one Khaki-ish polish, I need more :D

Where did you get the bow stamper? I must have it, it's too cute not to have :D
    The polish is Catrice, i thiiiiink it has Rambo in the name , will check at home later.

Stamp is a konad one, picked it up from Konad.ie. Can let you know the image plate no if you like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The polish is Catrice, i thiiiiink it has Rambo in the name , will check at home later.

Stamp is a konad one, picked it up from Konad.ie. Can let you know the image plate no if you like :)
    Is the Catrice polish called "It's Rambo"? There's a Catrice stand in a chemist in town, hopefully they have it, it's gorgeous.

Would love the number of the Konad plate please.

Just putting on Rimmel's Cranberry Zest now, love this colour, it has a gorgeous fruity scent when it's dry which I love :D

auuqf5.jpg

Photo from Nikki's Nails Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Is the Catrice polish called "It's Rambo"? There's a Catrice stand in a chemist in town, hopefully they have it, it's gorgeous.

Just putting on Rimmel's Cranberry Zest now, love this colour, it has a gorgeous fruity scent when it's dry which I love :D

Photo from Nikki's Nails Blog
    i think its called rambo no5 Muff :) i have it and it looks the spit of that one

musical.x wrote: »
    i think its called rambo no5 Muff :) i have it and it looks the spit of that one
    Thanks a million musical, will have a look for it today :)

• Advertisement

Catrice polish called "It's Rambo"? There's a Catrice stand in a chemist in town, hopefully they have it, it's gorgeous.

Yup, Musical.x has it on the head, it's Rambo No.5. Rambo himself would love it :) The konad plate is M59

Payday today so nipped into Sallys after work, scored myself 3 china glaze polishes for €1.45 each (they're super garish so no one else would want them!) and a gorgeous pink at full price. V. chuffed with my bargain. I have a fruit salads themed manicure planned for the orange & pink ones. The pink one is called purple panic but it's very pink looking in the bottle

44.jpg

chinaglaze_islandescapereview029.jpg

chinaglaze_islandescapereview016.jpg

(All photos from temptalia.com)

purplepanic3.jpg

(from http://www.all-you-desire.com)

the post above me vanished ::eek::
    those china glaze polishes are lovely MissFlit! love the orange one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

musical.x wrote: »
    the post above me vanished ::eek::
    those china glaze polishes are lovely MissFlit! love the orange one
    I do too, it's lovely! What is it called?

I may already have the purple and green ones from your pic >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Payday today so nipped into Sallys after work, scored myself 3 china glaze polishes for €1.45 each (they're super garish so no one else would want them!) and a gorgeous pink at full price. V. chuffed with my bargain. I have a fruit salads themed manicure planned for the orange & pink ones. The pink one is called purple panic but it's very pink looking in the bottle

What are their names ... loves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hi girls, haven't posted in ages - had to give my nails a break for a few weeks, the 31-day nail challenge left them in bits!! They're growing really well now and I'm not having any more flakes or breaks (YAY!) So I picked up two new polishes last week:

Sally Hansen, Commander-in-Chic:

sally%2Bhansen%2Bcommander%2Bin%2Bchic%2B2.JPG

Image from http://chikisnails.blogspot.com

And FINALLY:

China Glaze, For Audrey:

Cina_glaze-for_audrey.jpg

Image from http://www.nailjunkie.com

Delighted with the two of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Absolutely loving all the teal and aqua colours at the moment - that China Glaze For Audrey looks fab.

Purple one is Senorita Bonita, Green is Cha Cha Cha, Orange is Papaya Punch (guesstimations only, away from home and too lazy to google exact names :D )

Purple Panic (the pink shade) is only gorgeous on

2012-02-09135800-1.jpg

Putting on Rimmel Sky High now, love this colour.

Rimmel+-+Sky+High.JPG

Photo from You've Got Nail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Haha I'm doing the exact same thing! :)

After seeing MissFlitworths' haul in Sallys earlier in the week I had to pop in and get a few China Glaze for myself :)

I wore Blue Iguana yesterday
    IMAG0864.jpg

and am wearing Electric Pineapple today. It's not coming off right in the pics...

This is too bright
    IMAG0865.jpg

And this is too dark!
    IMAG0868.jpg

It's somewhere in between ... definately a weekend colour!

Got bored and couldn't resist a bit of jazzing up!

IMAG0871.jpg

Zoya Petra on the tips and China Glaze Twinkle Lights as the accent nail

turqoisey orange nails :) opposite colours on other hand & really like that papaya punch from china glaze but pretty badly chipped from mammoth dishwashing session earlier so not worth taking a photo of.

2012-02-12164815-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I was a bit bored this afternoon, so here are my Valentine's nails
    34r7oua.jpg
    Barry M's Strawberry Ice Cream, Essie's A Cut Above & Sally Hansen's Set the Stage on the accent nail.

Putting on O.P.I Teal The Cows Come Home, love this colour.

SAM_4369.jpg

Photo from Just Nice Things Blog

China Glaze City Siren - Nice easy red to wear, not too bright

photo.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Picked this up yesterday, can't wait to try it! Essence Sure Azure

DSC00138.JPG

Does anyone know where to buy Essie Rock Solid please?

Preferably online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got a Konad stamping kit yesterday and having a lot of hassle with it! First it wasn't picking up the designs so I did a search and used a nail buffer on it. Now it's kinda half picking up the images, but some are still not getting picked up at all.

Any tricks? It's exhausting me! I have a patchy kitty on one nail but then just gave up cause the stamp wasn't picking them up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I got a Konad stamping kit yesterday and having a lot of hassle with it! First it wasn't picking up the designs so I did a search and used a nail buffer on it. Now it's kinda half picking up the images, but some are still not getting picked up at all.

Any tricks? It's exhausting me! I have a patchy kitty on one nail but then just gave up cause the stamp wasn't picking them up well.

did you remove the clear plastic sheeting on them? that's what happened to me! :rolleyes:

nursemar88 wrote: »
    did you remove the clear plastic sheeting on them? that's what happened to me! :rolleyes:

I did and it's picking up some of the images but I just can't get a perfect one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I did and it's picking up some of the images but I just can't get a perfect one!
    Ok can you do one and post a picture so we might see what exactly might be going wrong. Have you tried very lightly buffing the stamper as well?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

It you press too hard on the stamper it actually ruins the image...

Leon who runs Konad Ireland is fairly active on FB so might be able to give you more tips or let you know when she has a demo day near you. I went to a demo and found it great.

It you press too hard on the stamper it actually ruins the image...

Leon who runs Konad Ireland is fairly active on FB so might be able to give you more tips or let you know when she has a demo day near you. I went to a demo and found it great.

Thank you! I was pressing too hard! I watched Leon's Youtube link. It's hilariously dubbed but gives a good idea of how to use the stamper.:D Now I have a kitty and hearts on a pink nail. Perfect for a 24 year old :pac:

hmm i have to post here more often! i've been neglecting it :(
    anyway here's Barry M berry ice cream. 3 coats (long nails are a pain that way :P) but seriously worth it! buy this if you don't have it already :)

• Advertisement

Just spotted some O.P.I on Fragrance Direct.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/o/opi/icat/opi/&temp=productlistguidednav&layout=search

They haven't got much, would be worth keeping an eye on the site in case they add more.

Advertisement