Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Did you try beautyzone2007 on ebay?
    Yeah I did and unfortunately they don't have it.

I emailed a couple of sellers on www.ebay.com and they don't ship to Ireland unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Muffin have you tried emailing the beauty emporium? they might be able to get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Yeah I did and unfortunately they don't have it.

I emailed a couple of sellers on www.ebay.com and they don't ship to Ireland unfortunately :(

Ah that sucks, I'm finding it all the time on eBay too :( I have joined pages and groups on Facebook for swapping items, and have gotten bits I've wanted there like this, that I can't get anywhere else... if you fancy trying that let me know, I can "hook you up" LOL :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm on work placement and can't wear nail varnish. I'm actually embarrassed by my nails! :o I try to keep them covered as much as possible! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bought Max Factor's Fantasy Fire 45. I went looking for it in two places but they were out of stock so I got some on Boots online and they are going to my friend in the UK who will send them on.

Apparently this is a dupe for the discontinued Clarins 230 which is famous in the nail blogging world as 'unicorn pee' due to its rarity and beautiful colour.

Here are some photos from google image search.

6715617489_a604646f95.jpg

max-factor-fantasy-fire-clarins-230-dupe-L-88okpa.jpeg

Max+Factor+Fantasy+Fire-3+layers+3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Pythia could that be an almost dupe for Rimmels Zeitgest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I have the zeitgeist if you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

It doesn't look like Zeitgest to me. Mermaiden by Catrice (I think) is the closest to Zeitgeist I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I'm wearing Rimmel's Aqua Cool, it's a lovely lavender colour. Sorry for the blurry picture. :p

194790.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Definitely isn't. Zeitgeist is much much darker and has green/brown duochrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

rimm-005.jpg?w=300&h=225

Love Rimmel's nail varnishes so much, this is their pro range in Ultra Violet and their topcoat in Disco Gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

I've become an Essie snob

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsVeuTRyqXqDBH8qBMrkr3t1YihXVIr_xCIQMPfxecoFkk7J7A
    Tart Deco

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKaM495Xo5iLeyIFyVJOzXkrHC_TQ8gwlMXP4oM6S9JpiIPFGADA
    Sugar Daddy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-XF8Rn8RYIYQc-Daz-fIgyDOVqc8-GHxcAT0T6sDywuwpvKXD_Q
    Braziliant

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCZYScq2J3lAEvqU833RvHj-IeSbGjZvQLkAd0UzTtSW1SogoA-g
    Super Bossa Nova

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I have Super Bossa Nove and Braziliant and I love them. Colour is popping and looks soo summery :D

I'll have to pop a picture up of my current nailpolish!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Had a Shellac manicure this morning, colour I chose is very similar to the Chanel Rouge Noir that I posted before. Love it, very glossy!

IMG_1234.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought Butter London 'All Hail the Queen' polish in a shop in Dundrum the other day. e15 for a nail varnish! Very pricey! The colour is beautiful though, a neutral with a subtle holo glitter.

Pics from google.

Butter+London+All+Hail+The+Queen+PolishAholic+3.JPG

All-Hail-McQueen-3a-1024x508.jpg

I was inspired to dig out my bottle of Zeitgeist and put it on. One coat was enough and the colour is still the same - and this is an old bottle, the price sticker is in pounds.

I think I might give each one of my extensive Rimmel collection an airing. I put on Peppermint the other day and loved it. I have been on a more expensive varnish kick since Christmas ( for the first time ever) - Nails Inc mostly, but also Opi, Deborah Lippmann and Ciate and I have forgotten how much I like some of the cheaper brands like Rimmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

booboo88 wrote: »
    I have the zeitgeist if you want it?

I would love it! How are these things handled?

The bottle I have from years back is half empty and has gone hard and gloopy.

Was given this as presents from my dad's girlfriend for my birthday :)

BarryM - Bright Pink

sdc12969.jpg

BarryM - Vivid Purple - Absolutely love this colour.

Vivid+Purple1.jpg

Nails Inc - Kensington caviar top & base coat duo

151011NailsInc.jpg

Got this in John Lewis for £5.50 GBP reduced from £11 GBP.

Leighton Denny - Do Me A Flavour

006%25255B3%25255D.png

Miss Sporty 475 - £2

39-001993-475_1_Miss_Sporty_Nagellak_Lasting_Colour_475.jpg

ungkh1.jpg

I love the purple Barry M.

I got Naomi by Andrea Fulerton in my Carmine box this morning.

http://www.superdrug.com/andrea-fulerton/andrea-fulerton-colour-nail-polish-naomi/invt/219962/

I haven't tried it yet but I like the colour - a wine red. Never heard of her before so will be interested to see what it is like on.

Got this in John Lewis for £5.50 GBP reduced from £11 GBP.

Leighton Denny - Do Me A Flavour

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-gIE0cH0flAI/Te1eVNGljuI/AAAAAAAACys/5hrZZ2q-0Ik/006%25255B3%25255D.png
    Tried this last night and was very unimpressed with it.

It's thick, gloopy, goes on streaky. Not happy at all.

I'm going to get a nail polish thinner and try it, hopefully it will work, if not, it'll be the last LD polish I buy.

• Advertisement

Tried this last night and was very unimpressed with it.

It's thick, gloopy, goes on streaky. Not happy at all.

I'm going to get a nail polish thinner and try it, hopefully it will work, if not, it'll be the last LD polish I buy.

Interesting. I got a Leighton Denny polish in my Glossy Box last year and while I like the colour the coverage was awful. Wasn't impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Orlee wrote: »
    musical.x wrote: »
    yeh i didn't mind either way as i needed a black but it is really odd that the glitter doesn't translate on the nail at all. i really only got it becasue they are discontinuing it from their line :o

Picked up a few Catrice polishes today as well after seeing this post! 4 for €6 :)

Managed to get my paws on a nail polish rack recently .... other than the fact it says Nails Polish Centre I'm absolutely loving it!

Orlee, where did you get the nail polish rack? I want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Picked up a few Catrice polishes today as well after seeing this post! 4 for €6 :)

Managed to get my paws on a nail polish rack recently .... other than the fact it says Nails Polish Centre I'm absolutely loving it!

Amazon :) The seller is Beauty4U but my delivery came from this crowd so I assume thay are the same

Tiffany Nail Supply

Wearing China Glaze Traffic Jam, put it on yesterday, love the colour, a nice berry colour.

China_Glaze_Metro_Collection_992_TRAFFIC_JAM_81068.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

awh i'm delighted! they are amazing polishes like so well worth the price :)
    which ones did you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

RPpI7.jpg

I have issues! Got these today. In fairness most of them were €1.50 so don't feel too bad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nails Inc - Lancaster Gate. Brighter days mean brighter polish! I love the blue-ish shimmer through this and it dried really quickly. The only bad thing about it was it took 3 coats to get even coverage.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=48d974a1-68ae-11e1-aa7b-001e0bcba7b0&Aux=14|0|8CECAD22F39AAF0||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=600&maxheight=400&size=Att&blob=MHxwaG90by5KUEd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d

nursemar88 wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/RPpI7.jpg

I have issues! Got these today. In fairness most of them were €1.50 so don't feel too bad! :D

Where did you get those for €1.50?

Wearing BarryM Vivid Purple now, love this colour :)

Vivid+Purple1.jpg

I also gave these to my dad's girlfriend for her birthday :)

BarryM - Indigo - Photo from Vique's Varnish Blog

indigo.jpg

BarryM - Navy - Photo from Parokeets Blog

BarryM-Navy-2B.jpg

Rimmel - Black Cherries - Photo from Nihrida Blog

Rimmel+-+Black+Cherries+copy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Where did you get those for €1.50?

My local Dealz shop.. could not believe my luck! :D didn't think a pound shop would stock such good brands!

Advertisement