Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

nursemar88 wrote: »
    My local Dealz shop.. could not believe my luck! :D didn't think a pound shop would stock such good brands!
    Aww there's no Dealz shop in Mullingar :( oh well :(

Enjoy your polishes, you got some gorgeous colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Aww there's no Dealz shop in Mullingar :( oh well :(

Enjoy your polishes, you got some gorgeous colours :)

Yup! have them all painted out on a wheel now :) They have one in athlone if you're ever there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I would love it! How are these things handled?

The bottle I have from years back is half empty and has gone hard and gloopy.

Sure just pm with address and I'll post it on to ya :) I think I only used it once cause I tend to stick to my favs :)
    Sorry for late reply, rarely check this thread as Im trying to avoid buying more polishes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2209U7D30F-E6btWpUsZPZtBckAibO992S1GaBjpugam42t0C
    it does dry quite quick!! and its only like €2.09.
    i'll let ye know later on if it bubbles (that really annoys me!)
    i love miss sporty but the clear coat is brutal for bubbling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

musical.x wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2209U7D30F-E6btWpUsZPZtBckAibO992S1GaBjpugam42t0C
    it does dry quite quick!! and its only like €2.09.
    i'll let ye know later on if it bubbles (that really annoys me!)
    i love miss sporty but the clear coat is brutal for bubbling!!!

I use this and I find it great:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Saorenza wrote: »
    I use this and I find it great:)

oh thats great to hear! normally i google everything before i buy it and i didnt this time (i got excited and had money :rolleyes:) cant wait to paint my nails and try it out properly!

i noticed they had the quick drying drops too but the bottle is TINY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Nails Inc Neon & Nude with some Rimmel Glittery Topcoat..

https://twitter.com/#!/SmokeyEyesMUA/status/178058868113416193/photo/1

Putting on M.A.C Spirit Of Truth now, love this polish, the colour, application, texture etc.

Photos from Temptalia.com

mac_wonderwomannails008.jpg

mac_wonderwomannails011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

^^ One of my favourites. I love the colour and density.

Got my nails done yesterday in Dylan Bradshaw with Jessica Geleration in an electric blue. The technician did a fabulous job shaping my nails and the colour is just amazing.

This is the best image I can find of the colour - it's the one in the middle.

5909972112_b78b45d6c0_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

I have issues! Got these today. In fairness most of them were €1.50 so don't feel too bad! :D

Hi

What's the name of the peach revlon?

• Advertisement

Hi

What's the name of the peach revlon?

It's 913 Peach Nectar. My very first peach nail polish :)

Swatches here of all my new polishes if anyone is interested: http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.com/2012/03/so-i-recently-pickedup-few-of-nail.html :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Recent purchases :)

Essie Good to Go Top Coat; Chinchilly; OPI Pedal Faster Suzi; I Have a Herring-Problem; DS Extravagance; DS Reserve
    beautyshow%2520001.jpg

Anyone got any recommendations for a good base coat? My nails have been staining badly recently, I wonder if a better base coat might help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

LOVE Chinchilly! One of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get it Twee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Orlee wrote: »

Anyone got any recommendations for a good base coat? My nails have been staining badly recently, I wonder if a better base coat might help.

Hi

I like Essie 3 way glaze, it can be used as a base coat, top coat and it's a strengthener as well. Think it was around €12 though I can't remember exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Pythia wrote: »
    Bought Max Factor's Fantasy Fire 45. I went looking for it in two places but they were out of stock so I got some on Boots online and they are going to my friend in the UK who will send them on.

Apparently this is a dupe for the discontinued Clarins 230 which is famous in the nail blogging world as 'unicorn pee' due to its rarity and beautiful colour.

Here are some photos from google image search.

Got this on the weekend, I have 4 coats on and it's still not as dark as it is in the bottle but I have to say I LOVE IT, the sparkle is really sparkly and it looks really different in different lights, more bluey-purple in daylight and more pinky-purple indoors. They have it in Boots in Galway if anyone is on the look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Going crazy on Nails Inc at the moment and bought Baker Street, I love it.
    Twee I have Chinchilly and it's fabulous :)

Fantasy Fire was disappointing for the amount of coats you'd only get 2 goes out of the teeny tiny bottle. Millions in stock in Boots Liffey Valley last Thursday.

Has anyone picked up Nails Inc in Stephen's Green TK Maxx recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Going crazy on Nails Inc at the moment and bought Baker Street, I love it.
    Twee I have Chinchilly and it's fabulous :)

Fantasy Fire was disappointing for the amount of coats you'd only get 2 goes out of the teeny tiny bottle. Millions in stock in Boots Liffey Valley last Thursday.

Has anyone picked up Nails Inc in Stephen's Green TK Maxx recently?

Apparently it's sometimes better to put black nail varnish on first and then FF afterwards.

• Advertisement

Picked these up for around €12 (in total) as Texas is closing so everything is reduced.

NYC / New York Colour - Chelsea Cherry 131

nyc-nail-polish-expert-last-131-chelsea-cherry-1-15159-w260-h260.jpg

Kiss No More Cuticles, Cuticle Remover

gwi32010111634913.jpg

Sally Hansen Maximum Growth

sally-hansen-maximum-growth-strengthen-and-grow-13-3ml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

FYI Dublin Eyeko lovers, was going through TK Maxx in St Stephens Green today and they have a few little 3 packs of the discontinued nail polishes. Lilac Polish, Chi Chi Polish. 3 for a tenner. I've never cursed pre payday poverty quite so much :(

lilac.gifEYEKO_ChiChi4c.jpg
    eyeko-coral-polish.jpg
    (this last pic is actually nicked from elsewhere on this thread, I'll go find the posters name & credit em :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ Love Eyeko polish so much!!! I was so upset when they discontinued them >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

That lilac polish looks lovely. Methinks a trip to St Stephen's Green is in order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That lilac polish looks lovely. Methinks a trip to St Stephen's Green is in order!
    It's one of my favourite polishes!! I might put it on tomorrow morning thanks to this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

It's one of my favourite polishes!! I might put it on tomorrow morning thanks to this thread :)

It's a very pretty colour :) In that photo it looks very similar to Butter London's Muggins which I as tempted to buy a while ago but I think I'll go for this instead. I love lilac polish for spring time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The lilac is very similar to Sally Hansen "Lacey Lilac" if you don't get the Eyeko one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Was in TKMaxx in SG yesterday and missed these :-(
    I did get 4 NI in a box for €20 though, and this made me quite happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

How I wish I had any money at the moment! Was in Sallys on Drury St (Dublin) yesterday and they have half off some sets of OPI minis, including the set of muppets minis. <le sigh> If someone buys them will they give them a hug and tell them I love them?

Advertisement