Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up this lovely Mavala nail polish today for €3.70

Mavala - La Paz

.DSC09265_m.jpg

Also put on Nails Inc The Hurlingham polish this morning. :)

Nails Inc - The Hurlingham - a lovely reddish-orange colour.

71iY4dZPZVL.jpg

Was wearing Estée Lauder's Metallic Sage the past few days :)

Estée Lauder - Metallic Sage

Estee-Lauder-Metallic-Sage-Swatch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Wearing Butter London All Hail The Queen today. The shimmer is holographic, but it doesn't really show up that well unless it's really sunny.

Butter+London+All+Hail+The+Queen+PolishAholic+1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i'm just going to sneak these in here :o

Catrice Metallilac
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo9AvFojbDXUoJMA8GQMxIgZkDYhFxwURlJZ8OPF1rzZPkERUD

Catice Birdy reloaded
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrG9XrfHNQ1rmCwOqnDLSAR3tF6TmVzykiyWA3fJMSkxo9IniLAA

i do not own these pictures :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Nails Inc Special Effects in Electric Lane - fell in love with it after seeing it online and got it today!!

Over black: (pic from www.vampyvarnish.com)

ecial-Effects-Holographic-Top-Coat-Electric-Lane-Swatch-2.jpg

Can't wait to play with it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

musical.x wrote: »
    Hey,
    does anyone know where i can get a dupe of Essence gold rush? i think it has been discontinued and i really need to get another one or something similar! :P

Have you tried Essence Irreplaceable or Shiny Godness? Both are gold x

• Advertisement

Managed to drop and smash my bottle of Nails Inc The Hurlingham.

One of my fave colours, big orange/red stain on the concrete floor now, just as well we're having new tiles put down soon.

Managed to drop and smash my bottle of Nails Inc The Hurlingham.

One of my fave colours, big orange/red stain on the concrete floor now, just as well we're having new tiles put down soon.

:eek: that's awful! i dropped a bottle the last night but thankfully i caught it before it smashed. i did manage to spill a good bit though :( it's the worst feeling ever! i think it goes in slow motion too :p

:eek: that's awful! i dropped a bottle the last night but thankfully i caught it before it smashed. i did manage to spill a good bit though :( it's the worst feeling ever! i think it goes in slow motion too :p
    I wouldn't mind so much only it was expensive at £11 GBP around €16 I think :(

It definitely goes in slow motion :(

I was standing at the press, watching the bottle just fall and twirl in the air then BOOOOOOOOOOM, smashed bottle, polish everywhere, smell of nail polish everywhere, orange stain on the concrete ground :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Nails Inc Special Effects in Electric Lane - fell in love with it after seeing it online and got it today!!

Over black: (pic from www.vampyvarnish.com)

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES <SNIP>

Can't wait to play with it!! :D

That is a deadly nail polish!! This week I'm wearing Chanel graphite, it is a great colour.

I wouldn't mind so much only it was expensive at £11 GBP around €16 I think :(

It definitely goes in slow motion :(

I was standing at the press, watching the bottle just fall and twirl in the air then BOOOOOOOOOOM, smashed bottle, polish everywhere, smell of nail polish everywhere, orange stain on the concrete ground :(

that's way to expensive!! i don't like the brand anyway but still i feel your pain.
    you aren't having any luck with nail polish lately! first your essie polish separates and now this :(

• Advertisement

that's way to expensive!! i don't like the brand anyway but still i feel your paiKn.
    you aren't having any luck with nail polish lately! first your essie polish separates and now this :(
    It is really expensive, I wouldn't usually spend so much on a polish either, this one was so gorgeous, looked much nicer in reality than in pics, I think anyway.

I think my Essie Coat Azure has seperated too, looking at the bottle it looks like it had seperated, but I haven't tried it out yet, wikl try it at the weekend, hope it's not seperated, it's another fave of mine :( Knowing my luck it probably will be seperated :(

It is really expensive, I wouldn't usually spend so much on a polish either, this one was so gorgeous, looked much nicer in reality than in pics, I think anyway.

I think my Essie Coat Azure has seperated too, looking at the bottle it looks like it had seperated, but I haven't tried it out yet, wikl try it at the weekend, hope it's not seperated, it's another fave of mine :( Knowing my luck it probably will be seperated :(

i never had a problem with polish separating. i keep them all in a dark space though. maybe try that and hopefully the rest won't separate!
    do essie have a reputation for separating?

i never had a problem with polish separating. i keep them all in a dark space though. maybe try that and hopefully the rest won't separate!
    do essie have a reputation for separating?
    It's my own fault I'd say, to be honest. I've left a few of my polishes out in direct daylight (on windows/counter tops etc), so if it has separated it's because I left it somewhere I shouldn't have.

I painted my nails three times today and each time the polish smudged or didn't dry properly so I ended up taking it all off each time, waste of nail polishes, nail polish remover and also cotton wool.

It's my own fault I'd say, to be honest. I've left a few of my polishes out in direct daylight (on windows/counter tops etc), so if it has separated it's because I left it somewhere I shouldn't have.

I painted my nails three times today and each time the polish smudged or didn't dry properly so I ended up taking it all off each time, waste of nail polishes, nail polish remover and also cotton wool.

i always do that. that's pretty much the reason why i buy catrice! they dry so quickly i don't have to worry about them smudging :) (and the colours are amazing :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Some days the polish just doesn't go right no matter what you do!I love Nails Inc myself - haven't paid full price for the large ones yet - they were pressies or in a magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

30% off A_England polish till tomorrow I think. Delivery is free too :)

www.a-england.co.uk

Orlee wrote: »
    30% off A_England polish till tomorrow I think. Delivery is free too :)

www.a-england.co.uk
    Bah, trust me to have no money on my o2 money card right now >.<

all the good ones are sold out anyway! the pretty pink one is still there though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

My recent purchase online of one of the new China Glaze Prismatic Collection - this now means I need to get the other 5!!
    Optical Illusion, with flash, without flash and close up :) (pics taken from my blog)

you have a blog....can i have a link? :pac:

http://gillianwhelan1.blogspot.com :)

^^
    yay thanks!!! i love reading blogs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/198610.JPG

Cat nails with leopard print nail foils on the tips. Cats were made with Catrice Yes, Sir Yes! and Apropos Apricot, China Glaze Westside Warrior, O.P.I Lady in Black and white stripping brush.

You always have such amazing nail designs stargirl.gra!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

You always have such amazing nail designs stargirl.gra!

Thanks I love it. If i can draw it small enough, i will try put it on my nails lol. Just trying to think of loads of things i can do now :) check out grasnails on facebook :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

3 for 2 Rimmel 60 Second nail polishes in Boots! The brush is very wide so took a bit of getting used to, but happy with the result after one coat. Can't find pics but I got a cobalt blue, coral and taupe/brown type shade.

Essence Choose me! 3 coats (nail lines drive me crazy :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Found these Color Club minis for $1.99 - not sure where you can find Color Club in Ireland besides ordering online, sorry! I wish everyone had minis of their nail polishes. With all the polish I have I don't know when I will ever finish a bottle and I really enjoy that feeling of finishing up a product!

Psychedelic Scene
    , a really pretty orangey-yellowy color but I don't like how it applied - was very patchy. Although, I've read that yellows usually aren't the greatest.
    Jackie Oh! - lovely hot pink
    Edie (kinda similar to China Glaze For Audrey)
    Mrs. Robinson - bright purple

Can't figure out how to resize these ridiculously large photos, sorry for links. (pics from Google)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wow Jackie Oh! is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

My NoTD

NI Kensington Park Road and Ladbroke

1333444080444.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Your nails are so pretty.

Wearing this right now! Bring on the Bling - OPI

555646_334369749954082_174708415920217_895083_1761475736_n.jpg

It's amazing!!

• Advertisement

Love all the bright colours!! Especially those two Nails Inc ones.

Advertisement