Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I don't know how many times over the past few days I have painted my nails, each and every time they either didn't dry properly, or smudged or I got polish all over my hands.

I've gone through nearly a full bottle of nail polish remover since the weekend. *sigh*

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am going on a nail varnish shopping spree tomorrow. For sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Love the neon Nails Inc and the Bring on the Bling OPI.

I am sticking to nudes at the moment since I am trying to get my nails back into decent condition. Looking forward to going bright again when they grow a bit longer and stronger. I have a nice coral pinky orange on my toes nails at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Wow Jackie Oh! is gorgeous!

I know!! I got to see it on my nails in the bright sunlight this morning and Jackie Oh! is just fantastic! so glad I bought it since this just might be my go to color for the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

got soooo much nail polishes today but found three that are totally dupes for higher end brands!! I will have pics and stuff up in a day or two :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

nursemar88 wrote: »
    got soooo much nail polishes today but found three that are totally dupes for higher end brands!! I will have pics and stuff up in a day or two :D

Looking forward to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Found these Color Club minis for $1.99 - not sure where you can find Color Club in Ireland besides ordering online, sorry! I wish everyone had minis of their nail polishes. With all the polish I have I don't know when I will ever finish a bottle and I really enjoy that feeling of finishing up a product!

Psychedelic Scene
    , a really pretty orangey-yellowy color but I don't like how it applied - was very patchy. Although, I've read that yellows usually aren't the greatest.
    Jackie Oh! - lovely hot pink
    Edie (kinda similar to China Glaze For Audrey)
    Mrs. Robinson - bright purple

Can't figure out how to resize these ridiculously large photos, sorry for links. (pics from Google)

Hi Chickenbutt, if you don't mind me asking, what site did you get those Color Club polishes from? I love the Jackie Oh!

Hi Chickenbutt, if you don't mind me asking, what site did you get those Color Club polishes from? I love the Jackie Oh!

Ah you see I bought these in the US :o I've searched online to see if they have a European stockist, or anything, but no luck... I'd say add them on Twitter or Facebook and ask through there! Good luck!

Just saw a tweet on their feed about emailing them for any questions/comments. Their email is colorsocietyblog@gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ah you see I bought these in the US :o I've searched online to see if they have a European stockist, or anything, but no luck... I'd say add them on Twitter or Facebook and ask through there! Good luck!

Just saw a tweet on their feed about emailing them for any questions/comments. Their email is colorsocietyblog@gmail.com.

You can get them on ebay. Hopefully this link works! http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=jackie+oh+club&_sacat=26395&LH_PrefLoc=2&_odkw=jackie+oh&_osacat=26395&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I find ebay is best for sourcing polishes cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Wearing Rimmel PRO - 307 Grape Sorbet. Nice but has a strange streaky effect.

549489_335056279885429_174708415920217_896699_1708563329_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Bought these today :

P%2526J+TCNS-MO+DM-O+FP-03.jpg
    Models Own Disco Mix. Been looking for this for ages.

models-own-ibiza-mix4.jpg
    Models Own Ibiza Mix.

347851_l.jpg
    Max Factor Max Effect in Fantasy Fire.

I also bought a really nice blue by Miss Sporty. I have never bought Miss Sporty anything before but I was in a shop the other day and the girl on the till had the nicest nails so I asked her what she was wearing and she told me it was Miss Sporty. For only three euro, can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Catrice iron mermaiden (now discontinued i think)
    It's a pretty colour. I like how it changes. Glad i got it though because it would suit pretty much all skin tones.
    This picture is 2 coats :) It shows the purple and green hints too which i tried so bloody hard to capture :p

Essence Love Of Pink and China Glaze Fairy Dust on both of my ring fingers :)

Essence+Love+Of+Pink+China+Glaze+Fairy+Dust.jpg

Wearing Sinful Colors 164 Deep Red Ocean. It reminds me of glitter in jelly! It's very sheer but looks cool. It's mainly applied over other polishes but I think it looks pretty cool on its own.

562830_335295406528183_174708415920217_897445_55016430_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Two last polishes from Sephora in the States - this shade Drama Velvet Pearl (as well as Vivid Metallic from the same collection) - $7 each

P307541_hero.jpg

15s4tw5.jpg Easter skittles! I used Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream, Lemon Ice Cream, Mint Green, Blue Moon, and some limited edition purple.

Edit: Went completely polish crazy today and I do not regret it one bit! hah

china-glaze-hunger-games-colours-capitol-nail-polish-chart.jpg
    I picked up a few from the Hunger Games collection (I had no idea what HG was until I saw these polishes!). I got Stone Cold, Smoke and Ashes, Agro, Harvest Moon, and Riveting (this one is on my toes right now and is so cool!)

china-glaze-prismatic.jpg
    I bought Liquid Crystal and Optical Illusion

china-glaze-watermelon-rind-summer-days-2009-nat.jpg
    China Glaze Watermelon Rind

ChG_Blue_Sparrow.JPG
    China Glaze Blue Sparrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ok I kinda went mad and did a big nail polish spree the other day :D:D I have loads of swatches up on my blog, including some dupes I found for Deborah Lippmann and Butter London polishes. I don't usually put up my blog link but this time its just easier coz there's so many photos. Here it is:

http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.com/2012/04/nail-haul-with-deborah-lippmann-and.html

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

My NoTD

NI Kensington Park Road and Ladbroke

1333444080444.jpeg

That looks shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

skregs please tone down your language. Your post is not in keeping with the ethos of this forum. Thanks.

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ok I kinda went mad and did a big nail polish spree the other day :D:D I have loads of swatches up on my blog, including some dupes I found for Deborah Lippmann and Butter London polishes. I don't usually put up my blog link but this time its just easier coz there's so many photos. Here it is:

http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.com/2012/04/nail-haul-with-deborah-lippmann-and.html

Loving the blog going to give it a follow now!
    skregs wrote: »
    That looks shíte

If you have nothing mature to say then why bother?

Anyway I wore this yesterday Sinful Colors Blue Ocean.

april+6+006.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Loving the blog going to give it a follow now!

If you have nothing mature to say then why bother?

Anyway I wore this yesterday Sinful Colors Blue Ocean.

<IMAGE SNIPPED>
    Sinful Colours is pretty - where would you buy these now?
    :)

skregs wrote: »
    That looks shíte

Thanks for your opinion however, I don't give a ****e.

Sinful Colours is pretty - where would you buy these now?
    :)

I actually won those polishes from a blog giveaway so I'm not exactly sure! They're only $1.99 in the states so I'd give ebay a go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thanks for your opinion however, I don't give a ****e.

Poster has been given a warning, no need to further derail the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Wearing Rimmel PRO - 307 Grape Sorbet. Nice but has a strange streaky effect.

I have that problem with a lot of their polishes.

I have that problem with a lot of their polishes.

I'm not sure whether it's meant to be like that though. There was a lot of those "foil" polishes coming out that had a similar finish but whether that's the style or just streaky I'm not sure.

Wearing BarryM Navy now.

Photo from Polish or Perish Blog

img6159yw.jpg

Photo from www.parokeets.com

BarryM-Navy-2B.jpg

Took a photo of my stash while reorganizing, am currently looking for something better to store them away. Looking at them all neatly standing up makes it look like I don't have as big a problem as I thought! When they are all scattered it can look quite messy.
    e6034fa4827111e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Ordered a couple the other day and they should be arriving tomorrow, will take a pic of those as well. (Having Instagram on Droid really makes life easier for me!)

Has anybody seen the 8 top coats which are due to be released by Catrice?! I'm in Dublin city centre but can't see them in the usual spots :( Including penneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Has anybody seen the 8 top coats which are due to be released by Catrice?! I'm in Dublin city centre but can't see them in the usual spots :( Including penneys

They haven't been released where i am either. They only just got the latest colors in after discontinuing a load of the regular polish.

The new colours are fab though :P

Advertisement