Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

*squeal*

We've a load of OPI polishes on the way into work! :D NY Ballet Collection, the Holland Collection and the Kardashians. Bye bye wages! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

^^^

Where do you work!?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Totally forgot I wanted the NYCB collection! Must keep an eye out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

The Hello Kitty nails are savage! I must try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Orlee wrote: »
    ^^^

Where do you work!?!

In a pharmacy in Swords :D We were salivating over the brochure :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Alicat wrote: »
    In a pharmacy in Swords :D We were salivating over the brochure :pac:

And you get the kardashian polishes? Jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Tried a half moon mani today with Sonia Kashuk's Smoke and Mirrors (awesome silver foil) and OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue. It's really messy here because I haven't cleaned up or anything, was too excited to take a pic! :p
    a7a74c9cb26e11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I bought two more polishes from Mavala's new collection which I love, I'll probably end up buying them all eventually. :p I got Fresh Melon and Pistachio, here's what they look like. I also have the third one in the picture already.

I painted my nails yesterday with Pistachio and I love the colour, although it needed three coats. Mavala polishes are great though because they dry really quickly. Then today I wanted to add some pink and here's the result. :p

208367.JPG

I don't have any proper dotting tools or anything so I used a hair pin. :o My index finger and middle finger look pretty silly but the rest are better I think. I still need to practice but I think they look cute and summery. :p

Edit: I just noticed that my nails match the curtains on the background. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Does any one know how much models own nail polish is in boots at the moment? thinking of buying off of asos but it seems fairly dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

musical.x wrote: »
    Does any one know how much models own nail polish is in boots at the moment? thinking of buying off of asos but it seems fairly dear!

It's between €6 and €7.50 ? If you shop on their own website you can get 6 bottles for £20 GBP and delivery is only £4 I think? Bargain!

OH! And they come in a nifty box! :D

• Advertisement

I was looking at their website ;) I only *need* three. 2 colours and the basecoat but the basecoat is soo dear on asos!!! like €7!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think Boots have a 3 for 2 on Models Own. I only briefly looked at the stand when I was in there last Friday but I think I saw that! I can check for you tomorrow, if that's any use?

Novella wrote: »
    I think Boots have a 3 for 2 on Models Own. I only briefly looked at the stand when I was in there last Friday but I think I saw that! I can check for you tomorrow, if that's any use?

That'd be amazing, thanks Novella!!!

That'd be amazing, thanks Novella!!!

I will report back! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

i'm pretty sure Model's Own polish is €7.65 or so in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 circleskane

this might have already been mentioned but bourjois do a great varnish at the moment. its a bit on the pricier side but its called so laque. i use it with seche vite and it lasts for days and looks proper nice. limited palette available unfortunately but it cose highly recommended from moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Here's the other Mavala nail polish that I bought the other day, it's called Fresh Melon. I keep changing my mind about it, in some light it looks like a lovely peachy colour and in others, it looks really bright, almost neon bright. I've tanned quite a bit lately as well so I think it makes my hands look a bit dirty. :p It might look nicer on paler skin.

208824.jpg

My cuticles look awful again, I've had to wash my hands a lot today. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just put this on, thankfully it dried, unlike the several other polishes I put on the past few days, none of which dried/set properly so I had to take them all off.

O.P.I That's Berry Daring - Photo from Nail Juice Flickr

4605290925_0711da1683_z.jpg

Catrice Ultimate Nudes, Petit Four As Dessert

I am loving it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Wearing Rimmel Green With Envy, love it!!

Pic is from Nixxy's Nails blog.

IMG_1911.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now - Butter London in Branwen's Feather. I wore it before and didn't like it - it was very watery and black but it seems to have settled now and I love it :)

Pic from The Daily Varnish.

255720085061668843_ic9PKVaq_222.jpg

Just put this on, thankfully it dried, unlike the several other polishes I put on the past few days, none of which dried/set properly so I had to take them all off.

This is a total beaut isn't it?? I keep putting off buying it only because I have so many similar pinks :( Like the cheap one from Penneys which is quite like it - angelica.

Models own is buy one get one half price in boots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Quick nail polish question - should fingers and toes match ?

jos28 wrote: »

Nope unless you want them too! I always have them different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Mine are always different. I prefer it to matching. I like different type/colours on my toes and fingers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I keep mine different normally, but keep the colours complimentary :o

I was going to an event and my toes and fingers would be on display I'd probably paint them the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Ladies, planning to wear sandals tomorrow night (if the rain stops :() Toenails are currently red and looking ok, think I might go with a neutral very light gold on the fingernails as my dress is goldish.

• Advertisement

Models own is buy one get one half price in boots :D

I never got to check for you 'cause I was going to the cinema and I was running late! :( Sorry! But yay for this, I really want that blue nail varnish from their new collection. :)

Mine never match, but they never clash, if that makes sense.

Advertisement