Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

jos28 wrote: »
    Quick nail polish question - should fingers and toes match ?

I think in modern times, different is better. Nothing wrong with the same but with the range of colours available, why not have different colours? Also, I feel certain colours suit toes better - for example I wouldn't put a nude shade on my toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

ModelsOwn+Hed+kandi+Ibiza+Mix+Beetle+Juice+Aqua+Violet+nails.jpg

I got this in boots yesterday and altough I like the glitter the varnish it self stinks to high heaven, and has no staying power peeled off my nails within the day :( I wouldn't bother with Models Own again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Essence Circus Confetti is a good dupe for that models own polish, much cheaper and the staying power is fairly good!

cc1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Essie - Lovie Dovie. Trying to work my way through my Essie polishes - I don't find the quality that great but don't want to just bin them. :( Anyway, this took 3 coats to even out the streaks and patches. I love the colour though.

7378483982_5c0fc778e4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Novella wrote: »
    I never got to check for you 'cause I was going to the cinema and I was running late! :( Sorry! But yay for this, I really want that blue nail varnish from their new collection. :)

Mine never match, but they never clash, if that makes sense.
    Awh no worries! It was a totally spur of the moment trip to town :) Is that the one from the neon set? It looks amazing but the formula is a bit crap from what I have heard :(
    lizt wrote: »
    Essence Circus Confetti is a good dupe for that models own polish, much cheaper and the staying power is fairly good!

<SNIP>
    I have this and it is amazing! so easy to apply and lasts for ages! plus it's only €2.79 or something :P

• Advertisement

Recent buys:
    Models own Hedonist
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZV2mZ_nyH7BVNQPQGbe2p7i5qOr-vz-RG8rI3KVfT_Qjq_kY7
    (from imaginationincolour)
    Models own Dream Stream
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAgN6wjW2QlrRbmw1vulYvj357qB8BBRcyd78-r6au90VYhhvd
    (from polish and perish)
    Essence waking up in vegas
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6xxlVWqgDerieoPb3W5shHddrMla1sElIKtw9J1PzUR5987apqw
    (from ere-kanezawa.blogspot.com )
    Essence studio nails 24/7 basecoat
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRquSw27qSeHDpPFi5uRximzlolmdEw2o02cfmondzdki7h6vbd
    (from parokeets)
    China Glaze Electrify
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaS_DCCUD1wWi-hmNkb_B5TbG0_pdgpb9gmZiuQHfQIzAv7Rli
    (from glowstars.net)
    China glaze Riveting
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf8SEeO3LJuCO9x3h3Mnz7hfv8sSECjSpZuQ3b0ONLRwNa3w4P
    (from the goreprincess)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

All these essence topcoats are so cool! I've never seen any of them around just boring non-glittery topcoat :(

Great colours musical.x, I especially love Electrify!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I love the polishes you bought, musical.x! Especially that Essence top coat. :eek:

I got bored of that Mavala polish so I decided to put another colour over it. :p I put on ELF's Mango Madness and the result was a bright orange colour. Not bad. Anyway, here it is:

209219.jpg

I painted my nails in the dark so it is a bit messy. :p

Where can I get this? I haven't seen it in McCabes but maybe I haven't looked hard enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Today I'm wearing an Essie Luxeffect polish, Set In Stone:

057-9.jpg

Picture from RachelMarie'sNails.com

This is the best glitter topcoat I've had! The staying power is amazing, I've had it on for 3 days and no chipping! Not looking forward to removing it though...

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Today I'm wearing an Essie Luxeffect polish, Set In Stone:

:eek: That is beautiful! Want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Pythia wrote: »

Where can I get this? I haven't seen it in McCabes but maybe I haven't looked hard enough...

I got it in a pharmacy in the midlands but I've yet to see it in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up this the other day for €1.29 or €1.99, can't remember which it was.

NYC - Lights, Camera, Glitter

Photo from Makeupandbeauty.ie

DSC01146-21.jpg

Photo from Hysteria Of Decay

DSCN1599.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

In terms of nail care, are you supposed to leave your nails free of any polish for a certain amount of time, like 2 days a week for example? I keep hearing conflicting advice on this! I think my nails tend to peel less when I wear polish, but maybe I'm just less likely to pick at them when they're looking pretty!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

any sally hansen is my fav nail polishes because i have weak nails they are great for strengthening nails..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I love that Vegas Essence top coat - have never seen them here.

I have the NYC Lights, Camera, Action - I really like it though the other NYC polish I have is awful - peeled off after a few hours.

I saw Sally Hansen French manicure sets and also a set with a polish and lip loss in Heatons in Roscommon for a fiver each, if anyone is around there.

jokettle wrote: »
    In terms of nail care, are you supposed to leave your nails free of any polish for a certain amount of time, like 2 days a week for example? I keep hearing conflicting advice on this! I think my nails tend to peel less when I wear polish, but maybe I'm just less likely to pick at them when they're looking pretty!

Not really but I try to leave them polish free at least once a week :) I think it boils down to what ever suits your nails because everyone is different!

I've had polish/Shellac on them continually for the last 1.5 years and they are still nice and long and I mainly have to cut them for getting too long. Never noticed them peeling, although they do break sometimes.

I just make sure to not have too many Shellacs in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

P1020105.jpg

Barry M Flamingo Pink (not my photo) Not normally a pink polish person but I like this a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Anyone know where I can find this polish?

http://pinterest.com/pin/120541727496755299/

• Advertisement

I used to leave my nails polish free every so often but now I don't think it makes a difference! I think it is more to do with the acetone drying out your nails when you remove the polish so try get an acetone free remover. Boots do a good one. Also, use a base coat to prevent polish staining your nails and they should be okay.

Saorenza wrote: »
    I love that Vegas Essence top coat - have never seen them here.
    You're from Galway too? I got it in Penny's on wednesday!! :D
    tomissex wrote: »
    [/IMG]

Barry M Flamingo Pink (not my photo) Not normally a pink polish person but I like this a lot :)
    That's my favourite pink polish ever :D
    MissMoppet wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find this polish?

http://pinterest.com/pin/120541727496755299/

That's a nail foil not a polish :) But you can get a Barry M silver polish that look like foil.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQskp4OWi4wC06TgOTyavDYDxI2eXL14fcjuS_hhbG2gYdWw8dI
    (image from the rockchickscramble)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aw I really want some of those Essence glitter topcoats! Haven't seen them anywhere >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Aw I really want some of those Essence glitter topcoats! Haven't seen them anywhere >.<
    me too!! I'll have to go to every chemist hunting when i get paid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I'll be trekking into Penney's next time I am in Galway - thanks musical.x!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Cloud10Beauty have started selling Nicole by OPI there recently. It's nearly a tenner a bottle so I'm in two minds. I'll probably save up my points and give one a try.

Wearing this now... Essie - Size Matters. This was a good one, 2 coats was all it took for even coverage.

Essie+Size+Matters+1.JPG

Pic from The Polish Aholic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Found the Essence Fruity products in a pharmacy in Omni! Our stand in work is still on Marble Mania.
    I got the little fruit pieces, Peach Beauty polish and One Kiwi a Day polish

Essence_PeachBeauty.jpgEssence+One+Kiwi+a+day+(2).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I put on Nails Inc Basil St yesterday and today after washing dishes about four nails chipped, and on one nail, the polish is half peeled off.

Not impressed at all, just as well it was free with a magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I put on Nails Inc Basil St yesterday and today after washing dishes about four nails chipped, and on one nail, the polish is half peeled off.

Not impressed at all, just as well it was free with a magazine.

I haven't come across one decent wearing Nails Inc polish yet!

Advertisement