Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAPER 2 CONFUSED :S

• 08-06-2011 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Confused about it all to be honest
    In section 1 , it gives you 5 options to choose from
    obviously i will be picking hamlet
    but how am i suppose to study it with notes? as i have no idea on what the question will be
    is it on themes? characters? solioquy or how ever you spell it? or how the character(s) emotions effect the story?
    any clues or anything at all ? i never studied hamlet for the mocks got 43 out of 60 since i knew the story well and the themes

in section 2
    Is it different topics every year
    as in 2010 it was general vision and viewpoint and Literary Genre and in 2009 it was theme or issue and cultural context? so is it different every year or what ? :S
    also it says answer one question from either a or b does that mean just answer 1 question in a or b or answer a or b

now for section 3 any ideas of what to study? i hvnt stuied poetry yet didnt answer the question for me mocks so just looking for 3-4 poets i should take my chances with
    my memory is good and i only plan to write 2 pages for the prescribed peotry
    cheers for help anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

Hey,

with Hamlet, an overall knowledge as well as knowing quotes will serve you better than writing a learnt off essay. Know the storyline & quotes and mould it to whatever question comes up tomorrow. KEEP referring to the question, even if it seems forced.

For the comparative, have a good overview of Theme/Issue AND Cultural Context. At least one will come up tomorrow. Again, KEEP referring to the question.

As regards poetry, again a good overview of the poetry as well as quotes will be more likely to pick up marks than a learnt off essay. Mould what you know to the question. I'd say at least one of Wordsworth, Dickinson or Frost will be there, but it's a total guessing game so you're risking it. Again, you guessed it, REFER TO THE QUESTION!

Best of luck tomorrow, and remember, panicking won't get you any marks, so just go in, relax, open the paper, and write what you know.

Peace,
    John.

Advertisement