Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History - De Valera and the Belfast Blitz

• 08-06-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

What would you need for an essay on this case study?

I have plenty of notes on Northern Ireland in WWII and the Belfast bombings but I know I need more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

karaokeman wrote: »
    What would you need for an essay on this case study?

I have plenty of notes on Northern Ireland in WWII and the Belfast bombings but I know I need more.

Where is all this Belfast Blitz speculation coming from? Is that the bombings? Sure, you'd hardly get an essay out of the blitz, would ya?

This is higher, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

AFAIK, something relating to Belfast or Northern Ireland from partition up until the end of the war has been on every year so far, and the Blitz is a case study itself.

RMD wrote: »
    AFAIK, something relating to Belfast or Northern Ireland from partition up until the end of the war has been on every year so far, and the Blitz is a case study itself.

Oh wait, I know what you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Oh wait, I know what you mean!

Considering it's 2 short enough chapters it's actually a pretty handy section to study if you're looking to "guarntee" a question.

RMD wrote: »
    Considering it's 2 short enough chapters it's actually a pretty handy section to study if you're looking to "guarntee" a question.

Im thinking of the Impact of WW2 on Belfast like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Im thinking of the Impact of WW2 on Belfast like?
    Maybe as - the impact on the island as a whole - too little in the North on its own. a possibility is comparing the different impact on both sides of the border.

Advertisement