Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culturtal Context - How Many Miles to Babylon, The Kite Runner and Inside I'm Dancing

• 08-06-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Three texts are:
    How Many Miles to Babylon (HMMB)
    The Kite Runner (TKR)
    Inside I'm Dancing (IID)

I have a an intro, and i know topics like role of men/women, and class structure seem must obvious... anyone got two more topics i could discuss??? maybe three???

Thanks!!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Look at the world they live in really. The society, men vs women, war, all of that jazz.
    Sorry i couldnt be much help. I'm doing GFOV and Theme :)
    But i thought i'd at least throw some things out that people in my year have been talking about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I do Hamlet, IID, and TKR.

Disability is definitely one you can go for, not sure how it would slot into HMMB, but you can talk about Ali's polio in TKR and obviously Michael and Rory in IID. Attitudes towards it, how it affects their decisions, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Religion (or the lack thereof), family (structure, dysfunctional or not?) or money (its effects on the character) and a paragraph on how the CC affects the characters overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I do Hamlet, IID, and TKR.

Disability is definitely one you can go for, not sure how it would slot into HMMB, but you can talk about Ali's polio in TKR and obviously Michael and Rory in IID. Attitudes towards it, how it affects their decisions, etc

Sometimes if you do the 70 marker you only have to compare the two of them. Disability is a good one alright, but friendship is where it's really at for the comparative, funny enough it's my theme aswell

Advertisement