Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Restaurant in the midlands

Options
  • 08-06-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am looking for a romantic restaurant in the region of Birr, Tullamore and Offaly:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 manera85

the Old Fort in Shannonbridge is nice,
    Birr, the Stables, County Arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Theo_Paphitis

The Acorn in tullamore is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The acorn is lovely in tullamore but its not very secluded. Last time we ate there, we were lobbed right in the middle in everyones view. Food was gorgeous though.

I like the castle in tyrrellspass lately, and Jamies but the bridge house is without a doubt my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

If you want to impress the person, then those other spots are ok but not special.

Try going slightly out of the way. try www.roundwoodhouse.com near Mountrath. Very special, very romantic IF you don't mind conversing with others, mostly tourists and old house lovers. Open fires, very personal and charming attention from Paddy & Hannah.

Also the Silver Room restaurant at Middleton Park House in Castletown Geoghegan. Ger Lynam runs a good show. www.mph.ie

For an afternoon highlight, book private High Tea or afternoon tea at emo Tearooms www.emotearooms.ie. Then a walk in the gardens and parklands and around the lake. all depends on the person you wish to impress. Only you will know what will make their day. If they've been before (good chance if its easy to get to), then you may be walking 'old tracks' !!!

Advertisement