Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Guys I'm sure you aced it with flying colours I think everyone is just so hormonal and emotional because of the stress .
    Everything will work out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Guys I'm sure you aced it with flying colours I think everyone is just so hormonal and emotional because of the stress .
    Everything will work out :)

You're so kind but seriously: how WRONG are these answers?!

"Classify artificial sweeteners"
    1. Man Made = These are derived from natural sugar sources such as cane sugar
    e.g candarel

2. Synthetic = These are produced in a laboritory
    e.g splenda

"Give the uses of artificial sweeteners in industry"
    1. To manufacture "sugar free" products that have a sweet taste e.g sugar free mints
    2. To manufacture products suitable for diabetics e.g diabetic chocolate

What a load of CRAP! :(

I'm not looking up the book to find the right answer but I know that's definitely NOT right :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AwhhYeahh

For the question on a way of extending shelf life of milk i said homogenisation.. i know this is to make it taste better didn't realise till after, do you think I will get some marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

AwhhYeahh wrote: »
    For the question on a way of extending shelf life of milk i said homogenisation.. i know this is to make it taste better didn't realise till after, do you think I will get some marks?

Yes you will.. Not full marks but I'd say homogenisation does prolong the shelf life a bit because the fat molecules are more dispersed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AwhhYeahh

phew i was freaking out cause i knew the others but was stuck on timing so just managed to get the one down! overall it was a good paper if you knew your stuff..i got 81% in the pre so was hoping for an A but i messed up ques 1 on the milk part and the peptide bond :(

• Advertisement

You're so kind but seriously: how WRONG are these answers?!

"Classify artificial sweeteners"
    1. Man Made = These are derived from natural sugar sources such as cane sugar
    e.g candarel

2. Synthetic = These are produced in a laboritory
    e.g splenda

"Give the uses of artificial sweeteners in industry"
    1. To manufacture "sugar free" products that have a sweet taste e.g sugar free mints
    2. To manufacture products suitable for diabetics e.g diabetic chocolate

What a load of CRAP! :(

I'm not looking up the book to find the right answer but I know that's definitely NOT right :'(

If those answers were wrong then i'm seriously done for because I pretty much wrote the same .
    You are forgetting . You still have your journal regardless of all else ,
    Have a relaxing Summer . No point stressing bout it now , otherwise between now and August 17th we'll drive ourselves insane .
    I keep trying to remind myself to just let it go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Awh no :(

I was the same except I didn't cry.. Funny actually because I'm usually the MOST emotional person ever! Are you a Med applicant too :(

I'm so sad at how bad I did in Home Ec.

No I'm not a Med applicant, but my top 3 choices in the CAO are in the range of 500-510; speech&language therapy, occupational therapy, psychology.

After that it's Arts. There's nothing in the mid-range that takes my fancy. Freaking!

All my friends were delighted with the paper, and the general consensus is that it was a brilliant paper. If the marking scheme is hard this year, I'm afraid I'll do even worse as a result.

I hope everything works out for you anyhow!

Psychology in DBS doesn't require much points but does require money though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beatlemania

I thought the shorts were grand, so annoyed only vitamin A came up, and in a short question!?
    Wasn't crazy about the B(1), I completely blanked on properties of protein, I did foam formation and denaturation, then I think I said something about deamination and maillard reaction :|
    I did pasteurisation for prolonging the shelf life of milk. That's ok right?
    What did people say for the last part of this question? I bluffed 4 headings about cost, quality, personal aspect, and 'supporting the home market' (that made me laugh, because i didnt have a clue what I was talking about!)

Q 3 was ok, but my profile of flour was very...vague...
    What else was in that question? Its all a blur.

Q 5 was BS as usual, but i think it was ok.

Social elective was great, but for a (iii) - improving access to third level education, the only programme for improving access I knew a decent amount on was LCA, but I wasn't sure if that counted for third level, so i did a scanty thing on PLC aswell *sigh

Im usually an A2/A1 student, not so sur this time. I only really want an A2...

Advertisement