Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English - Paper 2 (Ordinary level)

• 08-06-2011 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Does anyone have any predictions and tips for tomorow's english paper ?
    Is there any chance thet WB Yates will come up ?
    What other poets are you predicting ?
    What will come up in section 2 this year ? social setting ? theme ? or hero?? or something else ???
    What they can ask about In hamlet question ?

Im totaly unprepared for this exam .... any help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

szybki wrote: »
    Does anyone have any predictions and tips for tomorow's english paper ?
    Is there any chance thet WB Yates will come up ?
    What other poets are you predicting ?
    What will come up in section 2 this year ? social setting ? theme ? or hero?? or something else ???
    What they can ask about In hamlet question ?

Im totaly unprepared for this exam .... any help ?

Hard to predict the poetry. If necessary, treat all of it as unseen.

The modes for Section 2 are Theme, Relationship and Social Setting. 2 of these will come up and no others.

In Hamlet, you will probably be asked to summarise a scene and describe a character. They always ask an 'intervention' question i.e. pretend you are in the world of the play and write a diary (Gertrude's diary for example), a letter or a newspaper article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

the hamlet part helped
    but still I'm left with whole book of poems to read :D

So if anyone can think of any poets that are likely to come up on ordinary level paper .... let us know.

Is it actualy possible that we will get the same poets as higher level ?
    Worthsworth
    Boland
    Frost
    and Dickinson ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kn1155

Are the poetry questions in Ordinary like the Poem comes with the paper or do they just say the name and you have to try remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KateC92

I just decided to do pass like a week ago. I just want to know, how much are you expected to write for each of the questions?? Help please

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dan1001

kn1155 wrote: »
    Are the poetry questions in Ordinary like the Poem comes with the paper or do they just say the name and you have to try remember it?

The poems and the poet are included in ordinary level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

KateC92 wrote: »
    I just decided to do pass like a week ago. I just want to know, how much are you expected to write for each of the questions?? Help please

I think at least 1.5 pg for hamlet question a page for each question in section 2 and half of page or each quection on poems. This is only what I think ..... generaly write as much as you can :D

Advertisement