Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park & Ride

Options
  • 08-06-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else going to be removing bits of a certain summer camp's information leaflet from their windscreen for the next 6 months?

They put it under the windscreen wiper then some rain was added and now its like wall paper!

Clowns! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Name and shame! They obviously want the publicity...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Under the Litter Pollution Act 1997-2009 the placing of advertising leaflets on the windscreen of any mechanically propelled vehicle is prohibited. ;)

Not sure if this applies if the vehicle is parked on private land though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Name and shame! They obviously want the publicity...

Thats all well and good but im not giving them free advertising for the return privilege of me using elbow grease and a scraper. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Is anyone else going to be removing bits of a certain summer camp's information leaflet from their windscreen for the next 6 months?

They put it under the windscreen wiper then some rain was added and now its like wall paper!

Dont tell me that I have to put a 'no junk mail' sticker on my car as well as my postbox - tut humph!
    And no bin to put the rubbish in either!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Decoda wrote: »
    Not sure if this applies if the vehicle is parked on private land though.
    Would the council owned park and ride car park count as private land?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Damo9090 wrote: »

Like people taking their saddle off their bike you could always try and take your wipers with you to work :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Would the council owned park and ride car park count as private land?

If its a Council owned and managed car park then the placing of this type of advertising is illegal.

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

astrofluff wrote: »
    Like people taking their saddle off their bike you could always try and take your wipers with you to work :pac:

lol :pac:

Advertisement