Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mf 390t

• 08-06-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

well lads thanks for reading. i have a 390t and there is something wrong with the rev counter. want to get itworking. any idea what is wrong with it or what fuses or where the sensor is? any diagrams appreciated. thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sensor is on the alternator.
    There are 4 wires going to the alternator 3 of them are close together and are for charging.
    The other one goes to revcounter. Disconnect this wire and.clean the contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

... i have a 390t and there is something wrong with the rev counter.....
    Says it all doesn't it. Seriously, are they that good a tractor. They seem to be an institution at this stage.
    They're making enough money too, saw one advertised for 20k Euro recently.
    You'd think Massey would put them back in production if they are that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

pakalasa wrote: »
    Says it all doesn't it. Seriously, are they that good a tractor. They seem to be an institution at this stage.
    They're making enough money too, saw one advertised for 20k Euro recently.
    You'd think Massey would put them back in production if they are that good.

That's exactly why they don't put them back in production. They never made a penny on them in sales of expensive spares etc,. Modern equipment is sold at very low profit margin. However, the manufacturers soon start to make back the profit, on stupidly expensive filters, own brand oils, sensors, and other parts designed to have a limited life span.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

well lads thanks for reading. i have a 390t and there is something wrong with the rev counter. want to get itworking. any idea what is wrong with it or what fuses or where the sensor is? any diagrams appreciated. thanks lads

Is the battery charging fully? Does the battery charge light illuminate when switching on the ignition or pulling the stopper? My own rev counter on the 390 works intermittently, corresponding with the light above coming on. Battery is on it's last legs I'd say. What is the normal life of a tractor battery anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

my rev counter wasnt working properly but all that was wrong was the alternator belt was a little loose. I tightened it up and she worked perfectly you might have a different problem worth a shot any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 donalmcgovern

Just an update. did up the alternator there in the frost and when putting it back on put the wire on the wrong stud coz didnt know what it was for so didnt really care as long as she moved. not really masseys fault. great machine otherwise never a days bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭what happen

MfMan wrote: »
    Is the battery charging fully? Does the battery charge light illuminate when switching on the ignition or pulling the stopper? My own rev counter on the 390 works intermittently, corresponding with the light above coming on. Battery is on it's last legs I'd say. What is the normal life of a tractor battery anyway?
    a tractor battery should do 5 years or more.

Advertisement