Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

assembly of switchgear and panels!

• 08-06-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

what do you think a job with this description entails lads,just looking for a bit of info thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Basically, you start with an empty panel or a frame work and all of the various sections are mounted in or on the frame work, then the switchgear is added, then it all gets wired up and tested.

Its is more often than not based on a modular system and very rare that two are the same, unless it is for the shelf or a particular project.

Why are there jobs in this area going some where, I have many years of experience in the field and am not currently working. If you would like to share. :)
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

dont think anyone of us are workin unfortunately ha!advertised on fas site its with alpine electrical!cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

they changed the job advertisement today, they now only want electricians with PREVIOUS panel building experience to apply.:rolleyes:

usual crap so,never get a bloody job at this rate!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

evosteo wrote: »
    they changed the job advertisement today, they now only want electricians with PREVIOUS panel building experience to apply.:rolleyes:

So what?? Apply anyway. Do your homework go into that interview with a positive attitude. Explain that you are willing to work hard and learn. Your biggest asset is your attitude.

What have you got to loose??

I applied for a job for a permanent position as an instrument technician for a well known US pharmaceutical company in the 90s. The advertisement said that applicants must have a minimum of 5 years instrumentation experience. I had a few months experience and no formal training in that area, but still managed to get the job. Maybe I was just lucky, but perhaps you will be too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

2011 wrote: »
    So what?? Apply anyway. Do your homework go into that interview with a positive attitude. Explain that you are willing to work hard and learn. Your biggest asset is your attitude.

What have you got to loose??

I applied for a job for a permanent position as an instrument technician for a well known US pharmaceutical company in the 90s. The advertisement said that applicants must have a minimum of 5 years instrumentation experience. I had a few months experience and no formal training in that area, but still managed to get the job. Maybe I was just lucky, but perhaps you will be too.

i applied last week and never heared a dicky, unfortunatly in this climate employers can cherry pick who they want. i know alot of very qualified hard working tradesmen outa work that really shouldnt be,

myself im seriously thinking about relocating to aus if i can raise the funds unless i can nail something down here and i been trying day in day out for the guts of a year :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fair play for applying.
    I thought you were not going to.

It is a bad situation alright. I had to work abroad for a few years myself.
    I wish you luck.

applied for it myself,nothin back,lost count of how many jobs i have applied for and have heard nothing back,i wish employers would just give someone a chance,im out of my time 2 years,how am i meant to gain experience if no one is willing to give us a chance,all getting a bit ridiculous now at this stage!

Advertisement