Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best Indian takeaway in Galway?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 5:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Have tried a few places, but reckon the standard has gone down across the board in recent years for some reason.

Has there been any new places that have opened lately that I mightn't know about. Any Indian food aficionados out there that can give us their views would be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I find Eastern Tandoori decent although I wouldn't eat indian food too often, seems to be a bit nicer then Kashmir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

there is one in athenry,kashmiri.. its brilliant, get it regular

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I would dine in the eastern tandoori more regularly than the other indian restaurants in Galway, not sure what their takeaway service is like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 west20s

Kumars taste of Asia ,near the arch ,family run been going there for years

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I'm a Tulsi man myself. I have tried the others and feel that only Eastern Tandoori comes close. I do not understand why people recommend Kasmir, but then again we all have our own tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Ah they are all only average. I've given up on all of them after 16 years of mediocrity.

A nice Indian lady is making authentic meals in her house on the Cappagh Road and selling them in Joyces supermarkets - branded as 'Curry and Spice' and at €6 for two portions of vegetarian - there are eight or ten dishes that I've tried. Watch the vindaloo though - I lost facial control.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Paprika in Salthill are fairly nice, but they take ages is the only thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I love the Indian in Claregalway, it's the business.
    For town, I'm not sure but i'm open to hear some recommendations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭neilboard

Tulsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Kashmir was amazing until it changed hands a few years ago.

I still like it and still go there when I'm in Ireland but it's not what it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Whats the one on the headford road? Beside the n17 store? Got takeaway a couple of times and it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Asmodean wrote: »
    Whats the one on the headford road? Beside the n17 store? Got takeaway a couple of times and it was really good.
    Sahi Palace.
    Tulsi for me, their Morgi Makhanwala is heaven.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I wonder could someone let one of the Indian restaurants around Galway know about this thread. I think there's definitely a market for a quality Indian takeaway service.

I lived near Limerick for a year when working down there and there's an Indian restaurant called "Copper and Spice" which is excellent for takeaway and for eating in the restaurant. There is no Indian restaurant of that standard in Galway as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Asmodean wrote: »

Yeah Sahi Palace is not bad...it was better when it was called Haldi & Spice I think (different owners). I got takeaway from there this week, it wasn't bad but not great either.

Tulsi is also very good.

Overall I think Indian Food is overpriced for take-away especially when you add in rice and naan.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

For town, I'm not sure but i'm open to hear some recommendations

Where is the Indian in Claregalway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

For town, I'm not sure but i'm open to hear some recommendations

Where is the Indian in Claregalway?

Surely if you love the Indian in Claregalway you'd know where it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

west20s wrote: »
    Kumars taste of Asia ,near the arch ,family run been going there for years
    +1 for Kumars
    Been going there for years excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Tough not in the city, Santoor in Oranmore is pretty good.

Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I wonder could someone let one of the Indian restaurants around Galway know about this thread. I think there's definitely a market for a quality Indian takeaway service.

I lived near Limerick for a year when working down there and there's an Indian restaurant called "Copper and Spice" which is excellent for takeaway and for eating in the restaurant. There is no Indian restaurant of that standard in Galway as far as I can see.

I think most of them already do a take away service, Eastern Tandoori and Paprika in Salthill certainly do takeaway, something like 10 - 20% discount off the normal menu price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mc3ac

Agree with the other poster - santoor in oranmore is pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Hoki wrote: »
    Surely if you love the Indian in Claregalway you'd know where it is ;)

There was a quote mistake there! :p

It's stuck onto the Central Tavern.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement