Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Sarn

Before the rate change I would have "calculated" €125k should win 22 times in a year and with the new rate that dropped to 14 times.
    So Sarn should of had around 11 wins for the first 6 months and hopefully will have 7 wins for the next 6 giving a total for the year of 18.
    Maybe Sarn can let us know how many of those wins were before the rate change ??

All 13 were in the first 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing again today, as expected.
    Last win €50 on 26th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

My first ever win of €50 today - have a total of around €5,500 bought in different batches over the past year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing for us today. Well done to those that won 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Hard to explain the Friday feeling, my hand shakes, the adrenaline increases as I login into the bond tracker, click ''Check Winning Numbers'' that's the best part, then it's crushing disappointment, ''Sorry, you have no new winners'' the 5 second dream is over LOL, nothing for me today, but I will continue to ''live in hope, dream big, there is always next Friday''

• Advertisement

Sligo Quay: Thank you for your sustained forbearance. By your nature you are a welcome breath of fresh air! Your boat will come in laden with a heavy cargo of spondulicks, so make sure that you tie up securely as even safe waters run deep! Kilroy is watching you while you dream big in future tense, and yes, how right you are, there is always next Friday. Good Luck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Nothing today :(

and again :(

Yawn, and AGAIN!! Nothing today..........

€50, dry spell broken at last!

Nothing again today.
    Last win, €50, on 26th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 16th September 2016: 0
    Last win 24 June 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2250

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

2 X €50 for us this week ringing our total since May to €350. Happy days :)

Very strange ... I am positive that site had been updated when I checked at 12.30 on Friday - no winner.
    Was editing a group name this morning and just clicked again out of habit - Congratulations ... €50
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

€250 (€50 x 5) two weeks ago - happy days until it was spent for me :).
    Last week, not a rasher :(.
    I think that I have probably used up my good luck for this year.
    €1.0 million draw Friday week 30.9.2016 I think. I hate the €1.0 million draws as I always win precisely €0.00 in those weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Hi all,

Ive been following this thread for a while with interest. Ive had a savings account mature and was wondering what to do with the cash. Upon looking up bonkers I seen the interest rates on lump sums are not great at present and even less appealing after DIRT. So I decided to purchase 15000 worth of prizebonds today. Hopefully I will have a small bit of luck as even 2 wins of 75 would give me a lot better return than the best savings acount out there at the minute for a lump sum.

Good luck to you...you never know......!

No more €75s as €50 is part of the downward swing....still, 3 little wins @ €50 would fill your bill and let's hope you can do that. You gotta believe!

P.S. If it arrives, don't send it back :cool:

Very strange ... I am positive that site had been updated when I checked at 12.30 on Friday - no winner.
    Was editing a group name this morning and just clicked again out of habit - Congratulations ... €50

And the same thing happened today - I know the site had been updated as I noted that a very new ADF Dublin bond had won the €50,000. Bond Tracker said 'Sorry ..'. I checked back again at 12.36 - Bond Tracker had changed his mind and said 'Congratulations ... €50'! :)

Was editing a group name this morning and just clicked again out of habit - Congratulations ... 50

And the same thing happened today - I know the site had been updated as I noted that a very new ADF Dublin bond had won the 50,000. Bond Tracker said 'Sorry ..'. I checked back again at 12.36 - Bond Tracker had changed his mind and said 'Congratulations ... 50'! :)
    Well the draw takes place at 1230 - you have to give the system at least a little time to update :-)

Winnings on 23rd September 2016: 0
    Last win 24 June 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2250

pbwinner wrote: »
    Well the draw takes place at 1230 - you have to give the system at least a little time to update :-)

From FAQs:
    When are the draws?The draws take place every week and nearly always on a Friday. The results are available online www.StateSavings.ie from 12.30pm and the top eleven prize winning numbers are available at all Post Offices from that afternoon.

I never had the 'problem' - which has had two happy endings - til last week!

• Advertisement

€50 win here.

pbwinner wrote: »
    How long does the draw actually take, maybe it finishes at 12.30, what time does it start, with all them thousands of prizes.
    Today I was not 1 of them, nothing today on my €20,000 or €30,000 batches, or my 100 bonds from the 1980s, in 23 years my 100 from the 80s only won twice, €75 in 2012, €75 in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

bryaner wrote: »
    I'll follow with interest.

I see what you did there

Nothing on 23rd Sept.
    Last win €50 on 26th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

After much consideration I purchased another €20k of bonds this morning bringing my total 'investment' to €70k.

I spent quite a but if time looking at other options for my savings, mainly regular/term deposit accounts but with rates barely above 1%, it just wasn't worth it. Especially when 41% DIRT is taken into consideration.

I have no doubt that my funds could be put to better use and give better returns with other share options etc. I don't have the required knowledge to enter that game at the moment.

Im hoping the extra €20k might provide a few extra winners before the year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Negative_G wrote: »
    After much consideration I purchased another €20k of bonds this morning bringing my total 'investment' to €70k.

I spent quite a but if time looking at other options for my savings, mainly regular/term deposit accounts but with rates barely above 1%, it just wasn't worth it. Especially when 41% DIRT is taken into consideration.

I have no doubt that my funds could be put to better use and give better returns with other share options etc. I don't have the required knowledge to enter that game at the moment.

Im hoping the extra €20k might provide a few extra winners before the year end.

+ There is the off chance that you might actually win a decent amount.

Has anyone in this thread actually won any significant money in the draws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

There's always a chance.

I've been following this thread for about 2.5 years and I've yet to read of anyone winning a single significant amount.

The €75 win was quite common until the format changed. Apart rom that I've seen a few people have multiple €50 wins from a single draw and the occasional €100.

Would make you think about what happens to all the larger prizes. Its reasonable to assume that some larger prizes go unclaimed simply by virtue of the sheer number of bonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

There's always a chance.

I've been following this thread for about 2.5 years and I've yet to read of anyone winning a single significant amount.

The €75 win was quite common until the format changed. Apart rom that I've seen a few people have multiple €50 wins from a single draw and the occasional €100.

Would make you think about what happens to all the larger prizes. Its reasonable to assume that some larger prizes go unclaimed simply by virtue of the sheer number of bonds.

I'm also putting another 30k into prize bond won't be until next year though! I have only put 20k into a Ten year cert I am thinking of taken that out and getting a batch for 50k instead. At least that way the money will be easy to access! That would bring my total to 80k.. I don't know what to do!!!

:)2 X €50!:):)

• Advertisement

After much consideration I purchased another 20k of bonds this morning bringing my total 'investment' to 70k.

Im hoping the extra 20k might provide a few extra winners before the year end.

No, unless you consider 100 significant :D

Advertisement