Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

danwhite88 wrote: »

E30-40 per quarter?! Check out EBS, they have a fee-free current account called Money Manager, that requires no minimum balance, or minimum deposit per month: https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/ebs/T7ZTPH/moneymanager-account/. That way you can keep the PB and keep dreaming every Friday :D

Topper ... there is one condition for that EBS account.

*Fee-Free banking if you lodge €1,500 every month and maintain €500 at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

bcklschaps wrote: »

Topper ... there is one condition for that EBS account.

*Fee-Free banking if you lodge €1,500 every month and maintain €500 at all times

Don't rely on bonkers for your info, that info is outdated since a while.

EBS does not have any conditions anymore for fee-free banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 7th April 2017: 0
    Last win 23rd December 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2300

morninwood wrote: »
    Decided my AIB savings account is a waste of time and bored me, so I bought a few bonds. Will be ramping up to 15k by the end of next week and join you folk in bragging about my winnings (or lack there of).
    Is there a place I can log into on their website to see how many bonds I am holding? Searched there but apart from the winnings tracker not much to be found.
    Taken from: http://www.statesavings.ie/downloads/prizebondsfaqs.pdf

Point #10: Can I get a statement of my Prize Bonds holdings? 
    Yes, download the "Request for Statement of Account" form which is available at http://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads/CS_StatementRequestForm.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

:(:(

:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

:( Nothing for us this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Nothing :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

I love all the sad faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

iguot wrote: »

Delighted for ya :pac:

Glad I can make someone happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Sorry to disappoint you, eh I don't have a sad face :D:D another €50euro this week, I'm on a roll, 2 €50s last week March 31st, €50 this week April 7th.

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint you, eh I don't have a sad face :D:D another €50euro this week, I'm on a roll, 2 €50s last week March 31st, €50 this week April 7th.

I love reading your live in hope line.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

30k In since April 2015 600 won
    50k in since April 2017 Nothing won

50k? Giz a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Is there any way to buy a lot at a time? Bank Transfer or Bank Draft? I'm thinking of investing €25k and don't want to have to deal with 17 debit card transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

GarIT wrote: »
    Is there any way to buy a lot at a time? Bank Transfer or Bank Draft? I'm thinking of investing €25k and don't want to have to deal with 17 debit card transactions.

Yeah there is and you can fill out a form online. I did bank draft

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yes fill out the form in a post office and bring a bank draft for the amount made out to NTMA state savings, you'll need 3 proofs of address and ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This week the draw was held on Thursday 13 April, because of Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

€50:) Happy Easter to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

My winning streak has come to an end for the moment, ''sorry you have no new winners'' that was my Easter message today :mad: Thursday 13th, unlucky 13
    Last win April 7th €50euro, March 31st 2x€50euros.
    I live in hope, I dream big, there is definitely next Friday.

• Advertisement

No Good Friday bonus for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Checked website as usual at 1245 and again at 2pm and said sorry no new winners. The site had updated the date to include today's draw. However, just checked there now (abroad and on my phone earlier) and it tells me I have won €50. Happy Days. Maybe worth checking again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

How do you buy these online? I already have some from way back and up to quite recently, so did all the pps and id checks in the post office but when I go through the online application action it says I'm not registered to buy online and i have to present documents to a post office, which I already done last month! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

KilOit wrote: »
    How do you buy these online? I already have some from way back and up to quite recently, so did all the pps and id checks in the post office but when I go through the online application action it says I'm not registered to buy online and i have to present documents to a post office, which I already done last month! :mad:
    Give them a call, give your details and you can try purchase over the phone.

If not, they'll tell you there and then if you're registered or they can get you registered.

Winnings on 13th April 2017: 0

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

pbwinner wrote: »
    Winnings on 13th April 2017: 0

Interesting stuff, any chance you could split your winnings between pre and post payout changes (when they reduced the chances of winning)?

It's averaging 1.5% over the 6 years which in current climate is pretty good but I am wondering if these are mainly from the earlier years

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Interesting stuff, any chance you could split your winnings between pre and post payout changes (when they reduced the chances of winning)?

It's averaging 1.5% over the 6 years which in current climate is pretty good but I am wondering if these are mainly from the earlier years

It's easy enough to look back at pbwinners posts in the thread, to follow the progress of their winnings. I took this from Feb 2014 which is midway between when the 25K in bonds were purchased, and Feb 2017.

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Last win 17th January 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1450

So €1450 in the first three years, and €850 in the second three years. Probably the biggest factor there is that the prize was reduced from €75 to €50 in Jan 2013. But the reduction in the number of prizes from over 9,000 to as low as 6,000 at some times since is another factor. The number of prizes is back up to over 7,000 recently.

Edit: Boards turned my Euro symbol into that weird symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

....Edit: Boards turned my Euro symbol into that weird symbol.

I notice that happening a lot lately. Does Ctrl/Alt/4 do this?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I notice that happening a lot lately. Does Ctrl/Alt/4 do this?

It's a bug in the "new" editor or some such, they said over in feedback, it's being doing it for must be going on a year now since i seen it first. They fix nothing.

• Advertisement

Winnings on 21st April 2017: 0

Advertisement