Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 8th September 2017: €0
    Last win 25th August 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2450
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 3 €150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

In Aug 2014 I returned loads of small batches and got a new batch of €47700. It has won now and again - until now:
    €50 14th July
    2 X €50 21st July
    €50 28th July.

Very odd but not complaining :):):) Sorry that my petition for everyone else seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I'd say this board will become very quiet.

I didn't cash in this lot as I had a great July ... another €50 today on it.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Two €50 winners today
    one on one of my €62500 batches that wins often and one on a €1500 batch that hasn't won in four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kubera

Two €50 winners today
    one on one of my €62500 batches that wins often and one on a €1500 batch that hasn't won in four years.

'One' of your 62,500 batches. Nice, someones not short of a few bob then ;)

Kubera wrote: »
    'One' of your 62,500 batches. Nice, someones not short of a few bob then ;)

Amazing that out of all the posts on boards.ie that you could comment on, this is your first comment/post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing for us again this week. last win was 21st July. Last win on our €100k batch was 2nd June - that's crazy, we used to have a win every few weeks on this batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

10K since May 2016, still nothing. :(

Amazing that out of all the posts on boards.ie that you could comment on, this is your first comment/post!

My very first post on Board.ie was in this thread back in 2012
    In fairness to Kubera at least their first post wasn't criticizing my wisdom(or lack) of holding money in Prize Bonds :)

I didn't cash in this lot as I had a great July ... another €50 today on it.:):):)

This batch of bonds must have been kicking and screaming in the bottom of the bag for years - they eventually have made their way to the top - another €50 today from it!:):):):)

:(:( Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

First week in Prize bonds and I'm up e50!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

€50 today from my other €62500 batch
    Feeling a bit lucky today, so I'm going to buy a couple of lines in tonights Euro millions mega draw.

Possibly a stupid question but I'm new to PBs
    ...in any given week can you get multiple wins on a large batch or do they get eliminated once one of your bonds gets drawn as a winner?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Possibly a stupid question but I'm new to PBs
    ...in any given week can you get multiple wins on a large batch or do they get eliminated once one of your bonds gets drawn as a winner?

Yes, you can have multiple wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 15th September 2017: €0
    Last win 25th August 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2450
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 3 €150

Hope your luck changes soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Nothing since May on 20k!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Have small amount of PB's....do they contact you if your a winner. Have never checked myself.

miss misty wrote: »
    Have small amount of PB's....do they contact you if your a winner. Have never checked myself.
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Guitardan777

After investing 170+k in spring 2016 the envelopes were flying thru the letterbox, at least one every week or two, I got €1450 in just over a year (6x100 and the rest in 50s) and now it's stopped,dead,11 weeks and counting,nothing. im utterly miserable about it. just so depressing watching the mailbox each morning and I fear now since the goalposts were moved again recently that that is it!?? I have a cunning plan though, I was going to pull all my bonds out and put them back into my post office book for January 2018 (each Jan they add interest to your account, its minimal but on 170 it might get me a few shekels? All I dream about is winning the €50,000 prize, id do anything to win that amount, is this a good idea as I read the EU could hopefully raise interest rates in 2018,which I pray fervently for daily, I have done the rosary in Valentines church for weeks now and pray to St. Anthony And St. Jude for interest rates to rise, please lord Jesus soon, 2% is all I ask through your sacred name. Amen. So my question is this.... are my bonds past their best? if i pull out my bonds after 16 months and get the Jan post office rate on them would it be better than letting them sit there and possibly not get another cent off them? I'm just so desperate and miserable at this stage worrying that my money isn't performing at its best. All answers are very welcome, thank you and bless you.

• Advertisement

Interest is paid per annum, not per date.

True but each year in January when I go up to the post office to pay TV license etc , she writes in a paltry figure in my book, for example Last January, there was 14k in my book and I got €64.18c

Since the economy is picking up again...will PB prizes go back up?

Since the economy is picking up again...will PB prizes go back up?

I could be wrong but I believe prize bonds are locked into the EU interest rate,or at least influenced by it, when it dropped, PB chance of winning and interest rate dropped too, im praying for the interest rate to rise by at least 1% or 2% in the very best scenario next year but I read prudent careful Germans are sick of low interest rates on their savings and are making grumbling noises,quantative easing has to stop sometime! rates may go up in 2018 according to the business pages and I pray to God this comes to pass, us savers have been abused for five years now, payback time is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

After investing 170+k in spring 2016 the envelopes were flying thru the letterbox, at least one every week or two, I got €1450 in just over a year (6x100 and the rest in 50s) and now it's stopped,dead,11 weeks and counting,nothing. im utterly miserable about it. just so depressing watching the mailbox each morning and I fear now since the goalposts were moved again recently that that is it!?? I have a cunning plan though, I was going to pull all my bonds out and put them back into my post office book for January 2018 (each Jan they add interest to your account, its minimal but on 170 it might get me a few shekels? All I dream about is winning the €50,000 prize, id do anything to win that amount, is this a good idea as I read the EU could hopefully raise interest rates in 2018,which I pray fervently for daily, I have done the rosary in Valentines church for weeks now and pray to St. Anthony And St. Jude for interest rates to rise, please lord Jesus soon, 2% is all I ask through your sacred name. Amen. So my question is this.... are my bonds past their best? if i pull out my bonds after 16 months and get the Jan post office rate on them would it be better than letting them sit there and possibly not get another cent off them? I'm just so desperate and miserable at this stage worrying that my money isn't performing at its best. All answers are very welcome, thank you and bless you.

I'm heading to church in a few minutes, I will say one for guidance for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Those with six figures in prize bonds, do you not think you could be investing you money more wisely??!

Those with six figures in prize bonds, do you not think you could be investing you money more wisely??!

Not without risk, sadly any other scheme I looked into has risk, there is ZERO risk with prize bonds AND You can win cash now and again, it's win win. Until the EU raise interest rates I will just sit on my cash and they are meant to raise them in 2018 according to the media.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I'm heading to church in a few minutes, I will say one for guidance for you.

Don't pray for me, pray for interest rates to rise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Not without risk, sadly any other scheme I looked into has risk, there is ZERO risk with prize bonds AND You can win cash now and again, it's win win. Until the EU raise interest rates I will just sit on my cash and they are meant to raise them in 2018 according to the media.

With a properly diversified portfolio in low risk investments the risk should be virtually non-existent.

I just can't help but feel that these guys are losing an incredible amount of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

With a properly diversified portfolio in low risk investments the risk should be virtually non-existent.

I just can't help but feel that these guys are losing an incredible amount of value.
    Be so kind and give us a nice example there :pac:

Advertisement