Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

When you check your bonds online. What does the "group" section mean?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Your nickname for them - 'present from Santa', 'my pocket money', 'aunt winnie's will'

Is the Prize bonds website working for you guys?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Painfully slow loading here, website times out eventually.

No Joy this week.
    Weeks since last win: 1

• Advertisement

:):):)Well, well, well - won €50 on a big batch but .... for the past 3 or 4 years, I had been availing of the Irish Indo's offer - send in certain amount of tokens and get a prizebond for 1 year. This year, I only collected enough tokens (6?) for 1 prizebond. Lo and behold, it looks like that single prizebond won €50! I had often wondered about the scheme and whether it was fully transparent - I will let you know when the cheque comes! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 27th October 2017: €0
    Last win 29th September 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2500
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

:):):)Well, well, well - won €50 on a big batch but .... for the past 3 or 4 years, I had been availing of the Irish Indo's offer - send in certain amount of tokens and get a prizebond for 1 year. This year, I only collected enough tokens (6?) for 1 prizebond. Lo and behold, it looks like that single prizebond won €50! I had often wondered about the scheme and whether it was fully transparent - I will let you know when the cheque comes! :):):)

Was there only the one prize or were there other single PB's as prizes?
    Save

Everyone who submitted the required number of tokens got the use of one prizebond for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Well done. Just goes to show that every single bond has an equal chance. Nothing for us this week as is becoming the norm.

• Advertisement

I've have €50 in for about a year. Haven't won anything. My original plan was to put in 50-100 each pay day but as I've started an investment savings account in the bank, invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum I don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I posted on 23 July about my win from a €50 allocation I got from my car insurance company. Happened a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Well done. Just goes to show that every single bond has an equal chance. Nothing for us this week as is becoming the norm.

I'm sure mine are down the back of a filing cabinet somewhere! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing this week. Last win 27th September €50 euro

So the PB cheque for €50 on the big batch has come but no word yet from the Indo - the letter which accompanied the prize bond number last Feb/Mar said the Indo would foward the money ...

is the PB website slow again this week, or just my internet connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

If my figures are correct it would appear the PB fund is now about 3,205,680,000 Euro as of the end of October 17,
    Which means at the moment there are about 512,908,800 bonds.

During October I reckon the PB fund grew by 8,320,000 Euro,
    Which means there will be an extra 1,331,200 bonds in each draw during November compared to October.

I would estimate that on average there was a net growth in the PB fund of 378,181 Euro for each working day during October.

June's daily growth €1,786,487 old rate 1.25%
    July's daily growth €1,500,280 new rate .85%
    August's daily growth €1,529,411 @ .85%
    September's daily growth €1,251,336 @ .85%
    October's daily growth €145,658 @ .85%
    November's daily growth €2,101,279 @ .85%
    December's daily growth €3,868,512 @ .85%
    Janurary's daily growth €1,768,797 @ .85%
    February's daily growth €1,590,588 @ .85%
    March's daily growth €1,418,181 @ .85%
    April's daily growth €1,308,497 @ .85%
    May's daily growth €1,107,002 @ .85%
    June's daily growth €1,170,985 @ .85%
    July's daily growth €4,567,882 @ .85%
    August's daily growth €898,182 @ .5%
    September's daily growth €817,142 @ .5%
    October's daily growth €378,181 @ .5%

It would seem since the last rate reduction the daily growth is definitely falling,
    It will be interesting to see if the usual good growth in November & December is gone as well ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I've been holding 3.8k worth about 8 yrs now and won a total of 300 euro. I think it's time to sell them and move on. Though I keep holding off thinking it would be just my luck that those numbers would win the big one when I pull out!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Squozen

jon1981 wrote: »
    I've been holding 3.8k worth about 8 yrs now and won a total of 300 euro. I think it's time to sell them and move on. Though I keep holding off thinking it would be just my luck that those numbers would win the big one when I pull out!

That seems like a really poor return - if you'd put it into an index fund you would have doubled your money by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Squozen wrote: »
    That seems like a really poor return - if you'd put it into an index fund you would have doubled your money by now.
    If If If.

If they had bought bitcoin :pac:

• Advertisement

Not lucky this week.:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Squozen wrote: »

I know it's a shocking return and I'm totally aware of how better i could have invested it. I've got other investments including btc , despite my better judgement and cynicism around crytpo but it was a gamble i could afford to take and it has paid off.

I now need to stop my wishful thinking and take it out of prize bonds and start putting that money to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Not lucky this week.:(:(:(

Same here :(

No Joy this week :(
    Weeks without a win: 2

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 3rd November 2017: €0
    Last win 29th September 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2500
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Very hard to regard PB with any kind of satisfaction in the face of returns like these. I took out half of mine 2 years ago (€2k+) and it's Bitcoin from here on for the next year. Fingers XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭dubrov

Dionysius2 wrote:
    Very hard to regard PB with any kind of satisfaction in the face of returns like these. I took out half of mine 2 years ago (€2k+) and it's Bitcoin from here on for the next year. Fingers XXXX

Quite a swing to move your money from one of the lowest risk investments to one of the highest

So the PB cheque for €50 on the big batch has come but no word yet from the Indo - the letter which accompanied the prize bond number last Feb/Mar said the Indo would foward the money ...

You'd imagine with interest rates so low, it wouldn't be worth the Indo's while to hold on to PB winnings for a week or so .... still waiting for them to post me my €50 win from 27th Oct 2017 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Squozen

Taylor365 wrote: »
    If If If.

If they had bought bitcoin :pac:

The difference being that stock markets have had a solid return for a century now and bitcoin is a complete unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

You'd imagine with interest rates so low, it wouldn't be worth the Indo's while to hold on to PB winnings for a week or so .... still waiting for them to post me my €50 win from 27th Oct 2017 ...

Independent News & Media issued a profit warning this morning!

Media group Independent News & Media (INM) has issued a second profit warning in little more than three months, citing higher than expected one-off PB payout to tuisginideach.

Advertisement