Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Finally someone on here see's PBs the way I do :)

In relation to the UK PBs afaik, I as an Irish citizen can buy them once I have a UK bank account so how does one go about getting a UK bank account when your not resident in the UK ??

Revolut give you a UK IBAN. That could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭dubrov

Finally someone on here see's PBs the way I do

I think everyone views them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

€50 this week :) but it has been a particularly disappointing year overall - great run in July but bad otherwise.

Just looking back, I won €50 in July with a bond number - let's say AB123456; on 3rd November, I won another €50 with a bond just 2 digits away e.g. AB123458

and in April 2016 I won €50 two weeks running with bonds (from a different batch to the above) which were only 3 digits apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

glad you got something Tuis!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

No Joy.
    Weeks without a win: 5

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

2 months, no bueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The last time they cut the prizes it was like a door slamming shut, haven't won a thing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

€50 this week :) but it has been a particularly disappointing year overall - great run in July but bad otherwise.

Just looking back, I won €50 in July with a bond number - let's say AB123456; on 3rd November, I won another €50 with a bond just 2 digits away e.g. AB123458

and in April 2016 I won €50 two weeks running with bonds (from a different batch to the above) which were only 3 digits apart!

In today's draw with a cursory search I found two instances of less than 20 numbers between winning bonds. In theory someone with a holding of less than €150 won €100.

Prize Value
    Winning Bond
    County

SM871297
    DUBLIN

SM871316
    DUBLIN

XK043789
    WICKLOW

XK043807
    WICKLOW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The usual “sorry, you have no new winners” for us again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

November had just one win (€50) on the 17th for me
    But after Tesco and Supervalue sent me emails about winning vouchers, Easyjet and Aer Lingus have also informed me of my continuing good luck in winning vouchers for companies that I don't use :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I haven’t won anything on 80k since June! 😡

honey12345 wrote:
    I haven’t won anything on 80k since June! 😡

You should be winning closer to every five weeks with that amount. That would suggest ridiculously bad luck

dubrov wrote: »
    You should be winning closer to every five weeks with that amount. That would suggest ridiculously bad luck

That would make about 10 wins out of every 52 draws. But using the odds worked out by Agent Smyth when the rate went to 0.5% on 1 August it is 5.6 wins. Since then more money has flowed in, increasing the number of prizes from 4068 in August to 4155 in November. But that would also worsen the odds for the holding of €80K.

It is a run of bad luck all right, zero wins instead of two, but hardly ridiculously so.

€100,000 = 7 wins per year
    €50,000 = 3 wins per year
    €25,000 = 2 wins per year
    €10,000 = 1 win every 2 years
    €5,000 = 1 win every 3 years
    €1,000 = 1 win every 14 years

That would make about 10 wins out of every 52 draws. But using the odds worked out by Agent Smyth when the rate went to 0.5% on 1 August it is 5.6 wins. Since then more money has flowed in, increasing the number of prizes from 4068 in August to 4155 in November. But that would also worsen the odds for the holding of €80K.

It is a run of bad luck all right, zero wins instead of two, but hardly ridiculously so.

€100,000 = 7 wins per year
    €50,000 = 3 wins per year
    €25,000 = 2 wins per year
    €10,000 = 1 win every 2 years
    €5,000 = 1 win every 3 years
    €1,000 = 1 win every 14 years

I had forgotten that the fund had dropped to 0.5%.

Let's say a 3.2Bn in the prize fund.
    At 0.5% => 16m prize fund
    2 X 1m and 50 X 50k = 4.2m.

So assuming you don't get a big prize, 80k should get you about 72% of the interest =>288 per year.
    For 5 months that's about 120 euro.

So I agree, it is bad luck but not shocking.

Also 520 X each of 1,000 and 500. Not going to affect the odds much.

dubrov wrote: »

Two separate batches one for 30k the other is 50k

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

Have 41K in PB since June 2017.

Had 5 * e50 wins = e250.

Not too bad since June.

K

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

Have 41K in PB since June 2017.

Had 5 * e50 wins = e250.

Not too bad since June.

K
    I don’t believe you

honey12345 wrote: »
    I don’t believe you

It's possible. I have a block of €10K which won three 50's within 2 months this year. I posted the details on 11 August. It won no prize in the 18 months before that. The draws in June and July had over 7,000 prizes every week, down to just over 4,000 since the start of August.

Someone would need to have a few million Euros worth to consistently iron out the quirks of the random numbers prize system. I posted last Friday about how bonds less than 20 numbers apart won 2 prizes in that draw.

honey12345 wrote: »
    I don’t believe you

It's true.
    Am I allowed to post winning numbers?

Q- I bought mine online in 5k amounts over a few weeks. Would that have made a difference. Do ye buy in 1 big block ?

For those not winning - would it be worth selling and rebuying - renew the numbers !!

K

**pic of winnings attached. Plus 1 cheque for e50 from paper certs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 prizebondloser

€50k for 4 months

Zero wins

Holding out for the €1,000,000 draw in December before I have a little moan!

It's true.

Q- I bought mine online in 5k amounts over a few weeks. Would that have made a difference. Do ye buy in 1 big block ?

For those not winning - would it be worth selling and rebuying - renew the numbers !!

K

You have the golden touch!!! Well done. Pls give the rest of us a virtual handshake with that golden touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

It's true.

K

Super stuff, hope it keeps going for you, I plan on buy a 12k ground in the coming days will have to go post office with a cheque. How did you buy 5k online I can only buy 1500 at a time.

colliemcc wrote: »
    Super stuff, hope it keeps going for you, I plan on buy a 12k ground in the coming days will have to go post office with a cheque. How did you buy 5k online I can only buy 1500 at a time.

5k money with debit card. 1800 units in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€50k for 4 months

Zero wins

Holding out for the €1,000,000 draw in December before I have a little moan!
    Sounds about right.

Love the name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

My 17 grand approx has been there since May with zero return... Can’t say I had any expectations,but just 1 fifty would have been nice.Might leave it until I find a better use for it.

what date is the e1million draw on?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing for me since the €50 on 2lst July on c.€70K.

No Joy.
    Weeks with out a win = 6

• Advertisement

Sorry, you have no new winners :(:(:(

Advertisement