Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prizebondloser

Got another €5k less than two weeks ago
    €50 win yesterday

Christmas miracle factoring in my track record!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

No Christmas cheer from PBs, last win 22nd September 2017 €50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 22nd December 2017: €0
    Last win 29th September 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2500
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200

Nothing for me this week, a lucky Dublin punter today won a million, the unlucky county Co Fermanagh is holding it's record in having the most zero wins, today the entire county won nothing after last weeks €50,000.
    Derry today won nothing, the entire 6 counties in Nothern Ireland had a total of 11 wins, the other Ulster county south of the border Co Monaghan had 11 wins, with Brexit approaching there maybe zero wins in the entire Northern Ireland, get rid of them green prize bonds with a fresh start, Premium UK Bonds, the way forward, after Brexit:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

First €50 today on a €9500 batch that won €150 in 2016. .5% return 2017 after a 1.03% return 2016. Abyssmal.

Happy New Year to you all and let's hope we have better luck next year, wherever we have our savings/investments/lump sum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing for us this week, I’m so disappointed as I was expecting the big one :(. Howsoever, Happy New Year to all and may we have many happy returns in 2018.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m so disappointed as I was expecting the big one
    It used to be once a month, then 6 times a year, now twice a year, it's disgraceful, you'll have to wait till next June Cork Lass, twice a year is not good enough, many happy returns to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Only 150 won this year on 20k.

Will be taking it out soon enough, but will miss the risky 'check winning numbers' click.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They're just a complete joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Thargor wrote: »

Agreed.

€300 on €70k in 2017. Disgraceful really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

6 months or more since I checked in here and all you guys are still holding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

I think the pennys dropping!!

McCrack wrote: »
    I think the pennys dropping!!
    Well everyone is aware returns are terrible, its just a way of holding the cash portion of your portfolio while deposit rates are on the floor, the penny had already dropped for everyone years ago if you bother reading the thread.

Well if everyone is aware the returns on prize bonds are terrible why is there a thread 273 pages long littered with posters genuinely put out that they haven't won anything

Well if everyone is aware the returns on prize bonds are terrible why is there a thread 273 pages long littered with posters genuinely put out that they haven't won anything
    Because its an informal thread for prize bond holders to report their results if they feel like it, how does it affect you? Are you implying people in this thread are expecting to be winning jackpots every week? Its state savings, nobody is expecting to get rich off it, its more interesting than seeing the cash sitting in a bank account earning 0.0X% even before 40% DIRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

First €50 today on a €9500 batch that won €150 in 2016. .5% return 2017 after a 1.03% return 2016. Abyssmal.

I can't see how that is abysmal. Where would you get a better return?
    Negative_G wrote: »

€300 on €70k in 2017. Disgraceful really.

And I can't see how that is disgraceful. A bit below what you would expect with average luck, but even if you got €700 it is only a drop in the ocean for someone with 70K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

I can't see how that is abysmal. Where would you get a better return?

anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No joy last week...
    weeks without a win = 2

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Because its an informal thread for prize bond holders to report their results if they feel like it, how does it affect you? Are you implying people in this thread are expecting to be winning jackpots every week? Its state savings, nobody is expecting to get rich off it, its more interesting than seeing the cash sitting in a bank account earning 0.0X% even before 40% DIRT.

We all understand how prize bonds work, there's no need to explain why they are preferred to letting money sit in a bank.

I think a lot of people do expect to win - just go back through this six and half year old thread. Its littered with disappointments and shall I say complaining that there's been no wins.

And it doesn't affect me directly in the sense I dont hold any prize bonds however I do find it amusing reading this thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Where abouts was the million winner bought? On the phone now, can't find it atm.

• Advertisement

I think a lot of people do expect to win - just go back through this six and half year old thread. Its littered with disappointments and shall I say complaining that there's been no wins.

of course we expect to win - we're the exact same as the 350,000 buyers of the Christmas millionaire Lotto or the millions of people who buy a Euromillions ticket - do you think they buy it just to get rid of a fiver? I 'complain' each time I don't win on the Prize Bonds and on the Lotto and on the school raffles and the GAA club Lottos and on all the other games of chance that I may just throw a fiver at - but the days I win - if even only a €1 scratchcard, I don't complain ...

We all understand how prize bonds work, there's no need to explain why they are preferred to letting money sit in a bank.

And it doesn't affect me directly in the sense I dont hold any prize bonds however I do find it amusing reading this thread.
    Well feel free to quote a post by anyone who genuinely thought they were going to win anything significant after buying bonds if there's 6 years worth of these types of posts as you claim. You can go back through any deposit accounts thread and see people bitching in there aswell because of the ridiculous current rates if you want to amuse yourself further.

Well feel free to quote a post by anyone who genuinely thought they were going to win anything significant after buying bonds if there's 6 years worth of these types of posts as you claim. You can go back through any deposit accounts thread and see people bitching in there aswell because of the ridiculous current rates if you want to amuse yourself further.

You need to open your eyes and read this thread yourself.

Ive no interest reading the deposit accounts thread, as amusing as it may be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You need to open your eyes and read this thread yourself.

Ive no interest reading the deposit accounts thread, as amusing as it may be

So what gave you the interest to read this thread about prize bonds when by the sounds of it you don't have any money in prize bonds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Just want to ask a question - If I wish to cash in my prize bonds, do I need to send the original prize bond certificate along with the completed form in the post?

You need to open your eyes and read this thread yourself
    :rolleyes:

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Just want to ask a question - If I wish to cash in my prize bonds, do I need to send the original prize bond certificate along with the completed form in the post?

As per the Repayment Form, YES.

my3cents wrote: »
    So what gave you the interest to read this thread about prize bonds when by the sounds of it you don't have any money in prize bonds?

I dont have any prize bonds

I have other interests that brings me regularly to the Investments & Markets forum and the prize bonds thread is a dominant thread so I dip in and out for pure divilment

I do find it amusing reading this thread.
    McCrack I hope I give you many more months of amusment, that's all we can do, it's all a game of chance, I enjoy good health and appreciate what I have, a win on anything is a bonus in life, last year's Lottery Christmas millionaire raffle top prize 1 million euro went UNCLAIMED, bloody hell, now they are the mysteries I don't understand, going to the bother purchasing a ticket and then don't claim the prize, some people don't deserve to win anything.
    I purchased my first prize bond in 1985 to 1990 I had 100, then stopped but
    still have them, then in 2015 with interest rates on the floor purchased 20k batch wins to date €450euro. August 2016 30k batch wins to date €400, September 2017 10k batch no wins yet.
    I live in hope, I dream big and there is always next Friday and many more months of amusment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

50k invested and 50 euro in 12 months..and better ideas out there to invest please..

Advertisement