Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Future wishful thinking :rolleyes:

2017 slip of keyboard LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭John arse

Anyway folks as I was saying cashing in and buying a half share in an apartment will be getting 750-800 a month against €50 every six months with prize bonds??? No brainer really!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

Think i'm going to cash in the majority of my bonds, will leave the oldest €50 bonds there for a laugh and to keep up with the thread on Fridays. Only have a few grand but i'm going to buy some equities for the long term and a bit more excitement. at least i'll be getting some dividends (even if i'm taxed on such small amounts!) with the possibility of capital gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Sarn

Cashed in here as well. All went in to a new home purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Well Sarn - thats sounds like a great achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sarn wrote: »
    Cashed in here as well. All went in to a new home purchase.

Good for you - best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

is it possible to have winnings credited to a bank account rather than a cheque in the post?

I've asked twice to lodge me in my boi account, first in the applications form and then by sending a form attached with a previous winning, and I'm still receiving winnings as cheques

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

j4vier wrote: »
    is it possible to have winnings credited to a bank account rather than a cheque in the post?

I've asked twice to lodge me in my boi account, first in the applications form and then by sending a form attached with a previous winning, and I'm still receiving winnings as cheques

Yes - it is possible to receive any PB winnings via bank transfer. I originally used to receive my PB winnings by cheques in the post (the default method) before later changing to bank transfer...after providing all the necessary documents they require for changing a PB customer's method of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

What happens if your child wins 50k or more on the prize bonds that you bought them or they received as a gift and they are only 2 years of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

colliemcc wrote: »
    What happens if your child wins 50k or more on the prize bonds that you bought them or they received as a gift and they are only 2 years of age.

No ? mark so is that a question or more a factual statement and a question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

my3cents wrote: »
    No ? mark so is that a question or more a factual statement and a question?

Can you as the parent collect the money...
    I wish it was a statement and not a question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Can you as the parent collect the money...
    I wish it was a statement and not a question...

My understanding is that as a parent its not your money its the childs so you'd need to open a bank account for them and pay the cheque into it but you wouldn't be able to draw cash and spend it.

(What a load of :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Just reviewing - a batch which won €850 in 2016, €550 in 2017 has won €100 up to now in 2018 - half way through the year. Think I'll renew them this week and see what the next three months brings.

And I note that on their super-duper new website (am I the only one that has to scroll miles down to find anything of relevance?) , they have removed / omitted the reference on the Repayments form to FREEPOST - it's still on the Contact Page and re Data Commissioner but is An Post trying to sneakily get stamp revenue for the Repayments?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Logged into the statesavings account from a different computer this week - told me "Congrats e50 etc" Since I last logged in - I was delighted but it was referring to a e50 I won last week. I wish the site was clever enough to have known I logged in last week from another pc.
    Not Liking this new site at all.

No joy this week

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Well it's a nice worry to have, why even go there, wait till you win, the child probably has a better chance of being struck by lighting than winning a big prize in the prize bonds, that is if you haven't read through this long thread.
    Now back to the real world, nothing AGAIN this week, in the real world a big prize is as rare as hens teeth and the small prizes are going the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Winnings on 15th June 2018: €0
    Last win on 8th June 2018: €50
    Weeks since last win: 1
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 6 wins in 50 weeks (11%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-date): 1 x €50 = €50

Yeah that's shocking, they'll have to bring the rate up surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing for us again this week 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Their new website sucks. Sucks bad. What was wrong with the old one that needed a revamp? What were they actually hoping to fix? Is screwing around with a perfectly functional website the most pressing problem facing NTMA today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 15th June 2018: €0
    Last win 29th September 2017: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2500
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200
    2018: €0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Logged into the statesavings account from a different computer this week - told me "Congrats e50 etc" Since I last logged in - I was delighted but it was referring to a e50 I won last week. I wish the site was clever enough to have known I logged in last week from another pc.
    Not Liking this new site at all.

No joy this week
    It did the same to me last week.

It's such a complete and utter faff to check now especially on mobile where you have to scroll and scroll looking for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

I haven't logged in since mid April but decided to log in today,
    Surprised to see 4 new winners (4x€50)

The new website is a disaster, just tried to check my bonds and it won't let me.says numbers not found!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

John arse wrote: »
    The new website is a disaster, just tried to check my bonds and it won't let me.says numbers not found!!!

You'd think in 2018 they'd have a mobile app for people to check their numbers in a simple way... although if it's anything like the new website, maybe not!

Got my two largest batches re-issued this week ... still nothing. :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No Joy.

weeks since last win: 2

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Robodoc

Took most of my money out last year to buy an apartment, went from winning about 150 a month to getting 1500 (taxable) a month, no brainer. Still have 60k in bonds, nothing so far this year. Have 30k in shares and getting about 1200 in dividends, think I’ll say bye bye to the prizebonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Robodoc wrote: »
    Took most of my money out last year to buy an apartment, went from winning about 150 a month to getting 1500 (taxable) a month, no brainer. Still have 60k in bonds, nothing so far this year. Have 30k in shares and getting about 1200 in dividends, think I’ll say bye bye to the prizebonds.

yeah prize bonds are trash, always were in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Winnings on 22nd June 2018: €0
    Last win on 8th June 2018: €50
    Weeks since last win: 2
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 6 wins in 51 weeks (12%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-date): 1 x €50 = €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

yeah prize bonds are trash, always were in fairness.

They're not a serious investment but they are no-risk fun, it's nice to think (hope) you might win something. After all, you've got to have a dream...

... or how you gonna make a dream come true? :D

Advertisement