Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Don’t forget to familiarise yourself with the sad face too, you’ll be using it a lot :(

Makes the thread worth following, 10 :( from Tuis just gives me a Fri lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Did I give 10? I've stopped counting.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:
    Apparently i can only use 15 images - 1500 wouldn't reflect my feelings ...

The €1m won by a relatively recent bond (but not mine) ....

8 there, quoting yourself with like 7, an extra special one.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing this week, last win 10th August €50euro, cheque arrived Tuesday 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Kuva wrote: »
    Makes the thread worth following, 10 :( from Tuis just gives me a Fri lift.

Why would that give you a lift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No Joy.
    Weeks since last win: 7

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Don’t forget to familiarise yourself with the sad face too, you’ll be using it a lot :(

Your not wrong there.::(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

I was away last week and won €50 in my absence - I should go away more often! Back to normal this week...

Winnings on 24th August 2018: €0
    Last win: 17th August 2018: €50
    Weeks since last win: 1
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 8 wins in 60 weeks (13%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-date): 3 x €50 = €150

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

PB2018 wrote: »
    I was away last week and won €50 in my absence - I should go away more often! Back to normal this week...

Winnings on 24th August 2018: €0
    Last win: 17th August 2018: €50
    Weeks since last win: 1
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 8 wins in 60 weeks (13%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-date): 3 x €50 = €150

Just wondering-are you not worried about being over the 100 thousand guarantee?

honeybear wrote: »
    Just wondering-are you not worried about being over the 100 thousand guarantee?

That doesn't apply.

https://www.statesavings.ie/help-support/help-articles/are-there-any-exemptions-from-the-maximum-holding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Another €50 for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Another €50 win today on 103k

Previous win: €50 on 6th July 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Guitardan777

Someone did a little dance around the kitchen!!! Is this a record??? After three years of a €50 here and there l have won 3X€50 in three weeks!!! €50 every consecutive Friday for the last three weeks, very nice, l have €200,000 in prize bonds for the last three years and l think they are finally starting to pay back! I still stay awake at night dreaming of the €50,000 tho, that's the life goal. I would do anything to get my hands on that dosh! It's been an amazing three Fridays, August has been very good to me indeed,can it keep going l wonder!?? Week#4 imagine!?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Won €50 yesterday!
    Last win (€50 x 2) on 11th May on c.70K.
    Total winnings since 1st January ... €200

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This could be a good time for those with substantial holdings to work out what interest rate equivalent they earned in prizes in the year starting 1 August 2017. This is when the 0.5% interest rate came in.

Mine worked out at 0.35%. Included in the 0.5% are the big prizes, so I think this would be about right for the €50 prizes. It was a strange year, with all my prizes coming in the first 13 weeks and the last 13 weeks, and none in the 26 weeks in the middle.

The "new year" has started off spectacularly well for me with 4 wins in the 4 draws in August so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

€50 on Friday, my first win in almost 2 years (on 6K). Let's hope it's the start of a winning streak...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Where's Tuis ??

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Tuis was away but is home - sadly she wasn't away spending her winnings - she was away praying for a win which still hasn't come :(:(:(:(

Tuis was away but is home - sadly she wasn't away spending her winnings - she was away praying for a win which still hasn't come :(:(:(:(

I thought you were a "he" for some reason.

Welcome back.

he/she/it - Prize Bonds don't care anyway :confused::mad::(:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

he/she/it - Prize Bonds don't care anyway :confused::mad::(:eek:

Now come off it, even totally random has a bias if you look hard enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

€ 50 cheque for me in the post today - well-timed on my birthday! :)
    That's € 1,050 for this year now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭John arse

U must have a lot of bonds?

John arse wrote: »
    U must have a lot of bonds?

Not necessarily - lucky twice possibly! Someone posted their €1000 winnings a few months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah I suppose,not feckin me though😬😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The brother has 23 k in bonds for the last few years, he won 500 quid once and a few 50s but no major win.

I think he is nuts to have the money just sitting there doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

My cheque has arrived! I've just looked and my winning bond was one I bought in Oct 2016 - AFB******

I know I said I have €6,000 above but they weren't all bought at once - I've bought some any time I've had a few hundred Euro to spare over the past three years (including one big lump of 2K as I used some of my redundancy money from my last job to buy them) and they now amount to just over over 6K.

I'm not wealthy, I don't have huge sums to invest in anything, perhaps there were better ways I could have used my money with better return but it's allowed me to build up a nice little bit of spare cash should I need it and adds a little bit of excitement to check if I've won anything each Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

g0g wrote: »
    € 1,000!!!!!!! (thought I'd share to show that there is hope for boardsies!) :)
    Randomly arrived in the post today. I have € 10.9K, most bought in a batch a few years back. Only one € 50 (think it was 50 anyway) win to date otherwise. The win actually came from an older batch of € 500, not my main bundle. And yes I wrote to them last September asking if I'd missed any winnings and how would I go about selling them!

From a previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

The brother has 23 k in bonds for the last few years, he won 500 quid once and a few 50s but no major win.

I think he is nuts to have the money just sitting there doing nothing.
    Wouldn't say that if the bottom fell out of the markets. China's markets have been trending downwards for the last 6 or so months.

I'm 60/40 cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

This could be a good time for those with substantial holdings to work out what interest rate equivalent they earned in prizes in the year starting 1 August 2017. This is when the 0.5% interest rate came in.

Mine worked out at 0.35%. Included in the 0.5% are the big prizes, so I think this would be about right for the €50 prizes. It was a strange year, with all my prizes coming in the first 13 weeks and the last 13 weeks, and none in the 26 weeks in the middle.

The "new year" has started off spectacularly well for me with 4 wins in the 4 draws in August so far.

My return for that period is .40%

Advertisement