Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭XrayMike235

No wins from the last 5 draws
    Total winnings since Feb 2008 on €18k: €1550

Date of last win: 15th of November (€50)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today - Nil
    Last win 3/1/14 - €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Winnings from todays draw: €0

Total winnings since Feb 2010 on €500: €150
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €50: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Winnings from today = Zero
    Last win Never.
    Began march 2013
    €5000 invested

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Winnings from today's draw: Zero
    Date of last win: 30/12/13 €50

Total winnings since July '09 on €22,500: €1,550

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

I have €4000 euro in PB's purchased from 2007 onwards. Winnings to date approximately €800.

Just a quick question do any of you guys feel that newly bought PB's are favoued in draws?
    I noticed that the newly purchased PB's that I own always seem to win a prize quite soon after purchasing? Or is that just a pot luck thing? Opinions greatly appreciated =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Winnings from todays draw: €0

Total winnings since Feb 2010 on €500: €150
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €50: €0

Winnings from today's draws: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €50
    Last win 22nd November 2013: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1450

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 3/1/14 - €50

• Advertisement

LoveChanel wrote: »
    I have €4000 euro in PB's purchased from 2007 onwards. Winnings to date approximately €800.

Just a quick question do any of you guys feel that newly bought PB's are favoued in draws?
    I noticed that the newly purchased PB's that I own always seem to win a prize quite soon after purchasing? Or is that just a pot luck thing? Opinions greatly appreciated =]
    Some people say that is so. It certainly did not happen that way for me. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 inireland

just thinking to invest couple 100 or not, is it worth to gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

inireland wrote: »
    just thinking to invest couple 100 or not, is it worth to gamble?

It's not gambling if you can't loose. At a return of 1.6% per year though how likely do you think you are to win something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

LoveChanel wrote: »

On 2 occasions I bought a small amount of PB (maybe €25 or €50) as presents for godchildren - each one in its first week but never won again.

I have bought €25 PB for numerous children as Christmas / baptism presents for years but none of them ever told me they had won.

I think it's pot luck but I do believe that bunching bonds together to have consecutive numbers definitely increases your chances.

I think it's pot luck but I do believe that bunching bonds together to have consecutive numbers definitely increases your chances.

Assuming the draw is fair that would be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭footfall789

H,i Similar happened to me

Bought €500 worth of Prize bonds in 2010 and won €150 in the first weekly draw after buying them but did not win anymore after that with these numbers .
    Moved address and bought another €500 on 2013 and won another €100 euros in the first week after buying them with these numbers and again have not won anything since.

So I don't know what this means .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

I have been buying €200 worth per month for the last 3 years now, I cashed in the first 2 years bonds towards the end of last year (as I needed the money) but continued to buy the same amount per month.

I had the first the first win on that batch last Friday the 17th Jan 2014 on bonds which were purchased on the 17th of Jan 2013, was beginning to wonder as had plenty of wins on the €30K that I had put into bonds for the year and never a win on these so hopefully the first of many....

H,i Similar happened to me

Bought €500 worth of Prize bonds in 2010 and won €150 in the first weekly draw after buying them but did not win anymore after that with these numbers .
    Moved address and bought another €500 on 2013 and won another €100 euros in the first week after buying them with these numbers and again have not won anything since.

So I don't know what this means .

It certainly is a strange trend. I won €50 within my first couple of weeks with €1.5k, I've won nothing in over 6 months with €9K

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Last win 17th January 2014: €50

Winnings from today - Nil
    Last win €50 on 3/1/14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

winings today :Zero
    Winnings since March 2013 : Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Zilch, nada, nothing.

Last win was €50 on 30th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

pbwinner wrote: »
    Last win 17th January 2014: €50

So you have 25k in there for 3 years and won €1450.
    Not all that much is it.

I have 45k to invest and was considering prize-bonds.
    At that type of win rate its hardly worth it is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Does anyone know anyone that has actually won big with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

mcgragger wrote: »
    Does anyone know anyone that has actually won big with these?

My dad nearly 30 years ago. 10k which was huge money back then. Invested over 5k nearly 5months ago and to date have won 150euro. Got 50euro in check today.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

The question remains and deserves to be answered... where are the monthly millions going ? There must be someone on here who either won or knows a million PB winner ? anyone confirm ?

The million goes somewhere once every two months and the winning Bond No. is published, broadly stating the location of the holder. I believe that to be true. I doubt if many recipients of this golden handshake are going to broadcast their fortune. We few here in this Forum are nowhere in the wider Bond-holders scheme of things, so what do we know! I'll tell you if I win big!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Weird, just got a phonecall from the mother saying there was a letter from Killarney at home wondering if Id won any money, I thought I didn't have any prize bonds, I cashed in 20k worth about 2 years ago as I worked out the return was only about 0.75% or something pathetic. Anyway it turns out I won €50 and it had been converted automatically into more bonds, Ill have to see what the story is tomorrow Id unsubscribed from this thread ages ago when I got rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thargor wrote: »
    Weird, just got a phonecall from the mother saying there was a letter from Killarney at home wondering if Id won any money, I thought I didn't have any prize bonds, I cashed in 20k worth about 2 years ago as I worked out the return was only about 0.75% or something pathetic. Anyway it turns out I won €50 and it had been converted automatically into more bonds, Ill have to see what the story is tomorrow Id unsubscribed from this thread ages ago when I got rid of them.
    Do cashed in bonds get taken off the system or do prizes get recycled if they win (in your case, not)?

Advertisement