Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Last win 27th July 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1650

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have an existing PB customer number for a few bonds I forgot to cash out when I got out of them last time. I want to park 10 grand worth of traveling money in Prize Bonds for a year but it seems like Ill have to go to a bank to get a draft and a load of other crap in the Post Office, this will require a day off work due to my circumstances, is there any easier way to do it if you already have a customer number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Thargor wrote: »
    I have an existing PB customer number for a few bonds I forgot to cash out when I got out of them last time. I want to park 10 grand worth of traveling money in Prize Bonds for a year but it seems like Ill have to go to a bank to get a draft and a load of other crap in the Post Office, this will require a day off work due to my circumstances, is there any easier way to do it if you already have a customer number?

A few 1500€ transactions from your debit card.

Looks like that'll have to be it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is this safe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €100 (2 x €50)
    Last win 1/8/14 - €100 (2 x €50)

Is this safe ?
    Using your debit card with the State Savings Company? Id say commerce on the internet doesnt get any safer :confused:

Winnings from today's draw: €50
    Last win 27th July 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1700

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 15/8/14 - €100 (2 x €50)

Last win 22nd August 2014: €50

• Advertisement

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win 15th August, 2014 - €100 (2 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭XrayMike235

First win of 2014. €50 on 22nd August. The last win was November 2013!

Total winnings since Feb 2008 on €18k: €1600

Winnings from today's draw - €50.
    Last win 29th August, 2014 - €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You might be interested to learn that Joe Duffy had a piece about this this morning. A woman rang up saying she is wondering why she has never heard of anyone ever winning anything on PB. So now Joe has asked the public if anyone has won anything more than €250 on PB to let him know. Its a mighty good question all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    You might be interested to learn that Joe Duffy had a piece about this this morning. A woman rang up saying she is wondering why she has never heard of anyone ever winning anything on PB. So now Joe has asked the public if anyone has won anything more than €250 on PB to let him know. Its a mighty good question all right!

I know somebody well who has won €20k on the prize bonds, I'm not going to talk to Joe though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Neither would I if I had been a winner. But some might call.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I know somebody well who has won €20k on the prize bonds, I'm not going to talk to Joe though!

You're some cute hoor!

FoolsGold - you should pay how much you've won total since you bought, how much you've bought and when. It'd be interesting to see how you stack up against some of the others.

Hello Frogdog!

Aren't you the fine task master for the great unwashed! A few weeks ago I answered somebody to the effect that I have 60K in PBs, repeat 60K:mad:. I don't see any need for secrecy, nor indeed have I anything to hide!

(a) For YEARS I had £100 and never won a penny.
    (b) About two years ago I stepped that up by degrees to 40K.
    (c) With that holding I won approx. €1.700 the first year.
    (d) I went for broke from the beginning of 2014 and brought
    my lot up to 60K (and that took the shirt off my back
    and my Burial money:o). On that sum, since the start
    of 2014, I have won €700, which I know perfectly well
    is very poor return. I also know that it is my free choice!
    (e) I am not at all interested in knowing the exact data on how
    minimal my changes of winning are, not to mind winning
    BIG, but I am not discounting the element of luck, which
    I guess is the carrot. I am not in the position to 'take
    risks', nor have I the time for long investments.
    (f) I'll tell if I hit a lucky streak, shirt or no shirt! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

I have a few grand in the IL&P and now want to use the lot to buy PB. What is the easiest way to go about this ? I already have about two grand in PB's of long standing so therefore the PB crowd already have me on record.
    What do I actually have to do to buy the PB's ?
    Enlightenment, please.

I got a good outline of the risks etc here before from pbwinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Good man FoolsGold! :)

Dionysius, best job is to go into a post office and tell them you want to buy PBs. Have ID and a recent utility bill as proof of address with you and they should sort you out.

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    I have a few grand in the IL&P and now want to use the lot to buy PB. What is the easiest way to go about this ? I already have about two grand in PB's of long standing so therefore the PB crowd already have me on record.
    What do I actually have to do to buy the PB's ?
    Enlightenment, please.

I got a good outline of the risks etc here before from pbwinner.
    Frogdog wrote: »
    Good man FoolsGold! :)

Dionysius, best job is to go into a post office and tell them you want to buy PBs. Have ID and a recent utility bill as proof of address with you and they should sort you out.
    He already has a PB number so he can buy 1500 worth max a day on the website with his debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Thargor wrote: »
    He already has a PB number so he can buy 1500 worth max a day on the website with his debit card.

I had a PB number as well and usually only picked up €50 every couple of weeks but when I started buying them in bunches of €400 I was told that until I provided Proof of ID to them by post they would hold the bonds but they would still be entered into the draws and release the bonds to me when they received it. I think you can only buy €100 worth without registering your proof of identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

goose06 wrote: »
    I had a PB number as well and usually only picked up €50 every couple of weeks but when I started buying them in bunches of €400 I was told that until I provided Proof of ID to them by post they would hold the bonds but they would still be entered into the draws and release the bonds to me when they received it. I think you can only buy €100 worth without registering your proof of identity.

My intention would be to buy the PB'S at a couple of grand each month, that can't be difficult can it ? I'd use my passport ID and all the utility bills they want......I'm living here over 50 years !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

My intention would be to buy the PB'S at a couple of grand each month, that can't be difficult can it ? I'd use my passport ID and all the utility bills they want......I'm living here over 50 years !

Not sure if this helps, but you can set up a direct debit (up to €1,000 per month), a piece of cake to set up, the money comes out of your bank account monthly, the PB's arrive in the post a couple of weeks later, absolutely no hassle - then you just wait for the white envelope (used to be postmarked 'Killorglin' but could be 'Killarney' now), the heart skips a beat, you open it slowly, this could be the life changer, envelope open, aw sh1t just another €50, ah well, there's always next week.

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Once they have your proof of ID on record I can't see it being a problem

Winnings from today's draw: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1750

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 5/9/14 - €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

I have over 6k or so in prize bonds in last two+ years and I didn't win anything so far! Should I cash them and buy fresh bonds? Would that help?

Advertisement