Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Thargor wrote: »
    Good man PBwinner :D

I should have 15k worth in this weeks or next weeks draw, it all gets posted to my parents house though so I only know if Ive won anything once a month.

Do you automatically convert winnings into more bonds? I think they should get rid of the other prizes and just lash out as many fifty euros as they can.
    Hi,
    Personally, no. The money is transferred directly to my bank a/c.

Winnings from today's draw: €50
    Last win 26th September 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1850

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Can I just ask,how long would you be waiting to receive your money if you were to cash your bonds in:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win - €50 on 19/9/14

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alco22

it normally takes about 10 days including weekends, you have to fill in a form with all the bond numbers and post it off with the bonds, gave up on them summer 2013 myself, rates been reduced again from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

On 5th October 2014 the National Treasury Management Agency announced a reduction in all State Savings interest rates. The Prize Bond fund rate is now 1.25% - this is the variable rate that will be used to calculate the November 2014 Prize Fund and will continue until further notice

There will continue to be a €1 Million prize in the last weekly draw of each second month, February, April, June, August, October, and December.

€50,000 awarded each week, other than when the €1 Million prize is awarded.

10 €1,000 prizes.
    250 €100 prizes.
    Over 6,000 €50 prizes.

How big a reduction is this from the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh great just as I stick some cash in them, nowhere else to leave it though so not bothered, its holiday money for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Might be time to bow out of the prize bonds if more reductions are on the horizons.

Locked in for 3 months aswell by the feckers, wonder if Ill even win €50 on the 15K I sent them before the end of the year...

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Last win 3rd October 2014: €50

• Advertisement

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 3/10/14 - €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

pbwinner wrote: »
    Hi,
    Personally, no. The money is transferred directly to my bank a/c.

pbwinner - do you mean you don't receive a cheque if you win? Is there anywhere on the website to change your preferences would you know? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭XrayMike235

Winnings from todays draw: €0

Date of last win 22nd August 2014: €50.

One win this year on €18K, pathetic, and now the return is down to 1.25%, 'twas 3% when I started. Time for out methinks.

Total winnings since Feb 2008 on €18k: €1600

Winnings from today's draw - €100 (2 x €50)
    Last win 3/10/14 - €50.

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    pbwinner - do you mean you don't receive a cheque if you win? Is there anywhere on the website to change your preferences would you know? Thanks :)
    Correct. I used to get a cheque but it was a pain in the a**e to get to a bank during working hours to lodge it. I don't think you can change your preference online - you need to send back a form with identification.

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    Last win 3/10/14 - €50.
    Congrats Foolsgold, sorry if its been asked already but how much do you have in bonds and what are your returns over time if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, I did say a short while ago....mad or not....it is 60K since start of 2014 and up to today the returns are €900....which isn't great, but what's on offer, and I'm not into the long haul, or the risk of having to let the trousers go as well as the shirt! Comments welcome.

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    Yes, I did say a short while ago....mad or not....it is 60K since start of 2014 and up to today the returns are €900....which isn't great, but what's on offer, and I'm not into the long haul, or the risk of having to let the trousers go as well as the shirt! Comments welcome.
    Every Fixed term is 2% or lower, and after tax...

I can still remember the days of 7% regular savers..and I'm a young fella! :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Every Fixed term is 2% or lower, and after tax...

I can still remember the days of 7% regular savers..and I'm a young fella! :pac:
    I got 7% for one year on 30k in Anglo in Galway once in 2005/6, the guy who gave it to me rushed me through the whole thing in 10 minutes, I felt like I was annoying him for bothering him with silly savings accounts.

• Advertisement

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 17/10/14 - €100 (2 x €50)

Last win 17/10/14 - €100 (2 x €50)

Just a query, do you find out about wins by email or do you check the website?

Wondering if the webpage 'check numbers' actually works xD

I just always check the website if I'm around on Fridays after 12.30 and it is usually "Sorry"! However it is "Congratulations" sometimes and, as I have opted to have any winnings lodged to my bank A/c, this is always done by Monday.,,,totally reliable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Right, watching this thread for a while and I've decided to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I want to buy a good amount, too much for a debit card so what's the best way to do this? Post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

I've won nothing since May on €22,500 :(

Five lean months to whet your appetite, so here's hoping your luck will turn and there will be 'full and plenty' for you during November, or even a good Christmas P.B. surprise would be acceptable. (And so say ALL of us!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

roadsmart wrote: »
    Right, watching this thread for a while and I've decided to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I want to buy a good amount, too much for a debit card so what's the best way to do this? Post office?

Buy a bank draft and head to a post office, done in 10 minutes. Just remember to bring all documents they want.

Advertisement