Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Last win 3rd October 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1850

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just looked at the website to see the winnings this week. I see this week's top prize is 50,000 whereas every other week it was 20,000. Does anybody know if this is a once off or will it be 50k from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win was last Friday - €100 (2 x €50)

Just looked at the website to see the winnings this week. I see this week's top prize is 50,000 whereas every other week it was 20,000. Does anybody know if this is a once off or will it be 50k from now on?
    I just checked their web site and found that it says €50,000 each week other than when the million is being paid - every second month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I bought some last week in the post office. I presume i dont have to keep on bringing ID and that if i want to buy some more or do i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I would presume you do, how else will they know who you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thargor wrote: »
    I would presume you do, how else will they know who you are?

A few forms of ID though, just like the initial sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Warper wrote: »
    I bought some last week in the post office. I presume i dont have to keep on bringing ID and that if i want to buy some more or do i?

Once they issue you with an account number on your new bonds you can buy online.

Theres a set procedure for buying on the Prize Bonds form, think its something like 2 forms of ID, utility bill and maybe other stuff, I dont see how owning Prize Bonds would change this, it never has for me anyway, I was turned away from the counter once because my utility bill was 6 months old even though I had an existing holding. You can add about a grand a day online with a Debit card any time you want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a set procedure for buying on the Prize Bonds form, think its something like 2 forms of ID, utility bill and maybe other stuff, I dont see how owning Prize Bonds would change this, it never has for me anyway, I was turned away from the counter once because my utility bill was 6 months old even though I had an existing holding. You can add about a grand a day online with a Debit card any time you want though.

here you go... though this might only be for new accounts
    If you are purchasing over €100.00 we wish to bring to your attention that, under the terms of the Criminal Justice Act 2010, the Prize Bonds Company is obliged to maintain up to date proof of identification for all Bondholders. This proof of identification must include original or certified copies of each of the following:-

A) Photographic Identification – Driving Licence/Passport
    B) Proof of Address – Utility Bill/Bank Statement
    C) Proof of PPS Number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

how do you actually buy prize bonds online? the site itself is a bit vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

last Win June 2014 - €50
    Total wins since Dec 2010 - €375
    Current investment €5,500

The 50,000 prize replaced the 20,000 prize on the 5th October (see Post 1507 on this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

how do you actually buy prize bonds online? the site itself is a bit vague.

I believe only existing Bond Holders can buy online as they require your Customer Account Number which you'll only have been issued when you first buy some bonds.

looks like they've updated the website since I looked at it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Mormegil wrote: »
    I believe only existing Bond Holders can buy online as they require your Customer Account Number which you'll only have been issued when you first buy some bonds.

looks like they've updated the website since I looked at it last week.

They update it every 20 years?

Its not like they dont have a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭robwen

The prizebonds website has been down the last few days for maintenance, anyone know how long for?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

robwen wrote: »
    The prizebonds website has been down the last few days for maintenance, anyone know how long for?

Looks like they made it a subsite of the state savings website rather than its own website

Didn`t know about the statesavings.ie/prizebond website, I had been trying to use the direct prizebonds.ie website which has been down for essential maintenance this week, thanks for the link

Yes, prizebonds.ie is now on statesavings.ie, but prizebonds.ie brings you there automatically if you have it bookmarked.
    It told me I had a new win on the bond tracker screen, but I didn't, so obviously a few bugs around :-P

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 7/11/14 - €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Still waiting on the first win, hope its big :)
    Total wins: nil
    12.5k invested

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭XrayMike235

Winnings on 31st Oct: €50
    Winnings on 7th Nov: €50

Date of previous win: 22nd August 2014: €50.

Total winnings since Feb 2008 on €18k: €1700

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win 7/11/14 - €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheCelt43

I have 6250 invested in Prize bonds since march 2013

wins so far EQUALS 200 euro (4 by 50)

thats approx 4% in 18 months

slightly worse than you PBWinner

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

It beats the interest you'd get in any bank at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm about 2k in and still nout for 2014.

Should be up to 4k next year so maybe 1 win.

Would be 20 euro better off in the banks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

cold case wrote: »
    Just out of interest, I just scrolled down through the "unclaimed prizes" page, and timed it with a stopwatch, (sad, I know), but it took 12 minutes and 24 seconds, full speed! That's a hell of a lot of unclaimed prizes, if you ask me!

Ah well, me and my big mouth, if I am correct, you can't access the unclaimed prizes list any more! That makes me very suspicious. Maybe they don't want us to know how long the list is getting!

I wanted to leave it a few weeks and time it again, just to compare. :mad:

Timing it was a poor way of measuring it anyway, you'll get different times in different browsers/pcs and even if you didnt you had no way of measuring the rate it scrolled at. You should have just selected all and copied and pasted it into Excel then that would have given you an exact count.

It has to be a vast number anyway, for decades it was only the elderly buying them so there must be thousands of bonds thrown in skips every year after people pass away, same for all the ones given to kids and then lost over the years. They should be raising the prizes with all this unclaimed money not cutting them like they have been doing.

• Advertisement

cold case wrote: »
    Ah well, me and my big mouth, if I am correct, you can't access the unclaimed prizes list any more! That makes me very suspicious. Maybe they don't want us to know how long the list is getting!

I wanted to leave it a few weeks and time it again, just to compare. :mad:

Don`t they automatically send a cheque to your address if you win so how are there unclaimed prizes?

Advertisement