Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was just saying it was funny compared to the Lotto, I dont think theres an actual conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I'm nearly certain that if you win the lotto, you get paid more if you go public?
    That could be a reason all the prize bonds winners are anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain that if you win the lotto, you get paid more if you go public?

You certainly do if you win the top prize

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

That could be a reason all the prize bonds winners are anonymous.

Or it could be that there just aren't any big pb winners.

You don't hafta tell anybody you won but somebody somewhere will find out and as I've said I've never heard of anybody winning more than 250 euro and apart from a few vague references to Askaboutmoney,neither has anybody in a thread 4 years old.

Who invigilates at these pb draws? They're certainly not televised..the govt runs rte a three minute slot once a month wouldn't kill them.
    Its all extremely fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If when I win the million I ain't gonna be posting about it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »

You don't hafta tell anybody you won but somebody somewhere will find out and as I've said I've never heard of anybody winning more than 250 euro and apart from a few vague references to Askaboutmoney,neither has anybody in a thread 4 years old.

Who invigilates at these pb draws? They're certainly not televised..the govt runs rte a three minute slot once a month wouldn't kill them.
    Its all extremely fishy

Well we just heard of a 20k winner, if you look up ^^^

Seve OB wrote: »
    If when I win the million I ain't gonna be posting about it :rolleyes:

The old carrot of you *could* win a million,eh?

I think you're probably as likely to find a million on the street.

Well we just heard of a 20k winner, if you look up ^^^

So you say.

One 20k secondhand story out of four years worth of posting?

Sounds like a bit of a chimera to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Its all extremely fishy
    Go look up the thread. If you're so adamant there are no big winners, you'd think you'd do some research into it...

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Go look up the thread. If you're so adamant there are no big winners, you'd think you'd do some research into it...

I've been reading it..nobody won more than 250 euro.

Can you prove otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

So once you buy prizebonds, you're given an account number? I'm not sure how it works because I haven't received my PBs yet but could they not publish the winners on their website every week with a number linked to your a/c number number if you've win. Would make people less suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So once you buy prizebonds, you're given an account number? I'm not sure how it works because I haven't received my PBs yet but could they not publish the winners on their website every week with a number linked to your a/c number number if you've win. Would make people less suspicious.

they do

chopper6, go away. this thread is for people with a genuine interest in prizebonds. if you aren't interested in contributing something sensible, then we don't want you

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

They publish a complete list of the bond numbers selected in each draw. E.g. Last week €50,000 went to bond number IW375905.

Seve OB wrote: »
    they do

chopper6, go away. this thread is for people with a genuine interest in prizebonds. if you aren't interested in contributing something sensible, then we don't want you

I asked a question..nobody has been able to answer it.

You don't have a "genuine interest in prizebonds"..you think that you're somehow going to be rich because of them,despite all evidence to the contrary.

This is a discussion thread and you don't get to tell me whether I'm wanted or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Ok, if they're doing that already then I wouldn't be suspicious. If they weren't publishing any winners on a weekly basis, it would be a different story. As another poster said, if I win a million yo yos I wouldn't be broadcasting it to the world either.

I've been reading it..nobody won more than 250 euro.

Can you prove otherwise?
    Prove you haven't read it?

I sure can:

€1000 winner

Prove you haven't read it?

I sure can:

€1000 winner

That's on askaboutmoney.

That's not on this thread.

That's 1000 euro.

That's on an investment of 100k.

That's on askaboutmoney.

That's 1000 euro.

Keep coming with the excuses :pac:

That's on askaboutmoney.

That's 1000 euro.

Have you bonds?

I asked a question..nobody has been able to answer it.

You don't have a "genuine interest in prizebonds"..you think that you're somehow going to be rich because of them,despite all evidence to the contrary.

This is a discussion thread and you don't get to tell me whether I'm wanted or not.
    Can you provide a link to anyone thinking this from your reading of this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

if you think about it for a minute guys you can see that you are making a terrible decision!

The rate quoted on the site is 1.25%. This of course includes the 6 one million euro prizes, which are equivialant to 20,000 50euro prizes. On yes 6 people every year are making a million, but everyone else is getting f*&ked. If you invest 10k stand to earn 1.25 interest. Nationwide are currently given 2.2%.

And that is not taking account of the fact that you could earn nothing. It is a game of chance, with a big flashy prize that you don't stand a chance of winning to trick people who do not understand basic maths into parting with there money.

PBwinner would have earned 1,600 in interest if he had just put it in the bank. or he could have won 50 quid, but you obvisously only see the winning aspect of the game.

There are 338million prize bonds, and you expect to win the million??? 1 in 338,000,000 chance. Play the lotto, you have a better chance of winning!

Did you ever hear of DIRT tax?

Thargor wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to anyone thinking this from your reading of this thread?

Sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

€5,600 invested in prize bonds in December 2013.

Winnings to date: €0

I do understand that the more you put in the better chances you have. I spread out my investments a little. Not that I have a lot to invest. I will cash in my bonds this weekend and not invest in prize bonds again I think.

Keep coming with the excuses :pac:

Nobody on boards has won a prize bigger than 250 in four years and with a combined "investment" of hundreds of thousands and yet you still reckon one day it's gonna happen somehow.

It's less of a savings scheme and more of a tax on the credulous.

Pretty pathetic example when the guy is clearly using sarcasm, can you give a proper example to back up your claims? Or are you actually that thick that you thought he was honestly waiting for a million euro cheque to drop through the door after buying a few bonds?

Nobody on boards has won a prize bigger than 250 in four years and with a combined "investment" of hundreds of thousands and yet you still reckon one day it's gonna happen somehow.

This thread would not cover 0.0000001% of the bonds out there, you are talking complete tosh. Nobody thinks they will win a million. For me personally, it's a way of saving money, I am not looking to get any extra, but if i get a 50 quid note on top I'd be happy. Have you anything better to be doing with your day, you sound like a miserable ol fart!

Thargor wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic example when the guy is clearly using sarcasm, can you give a proper example to back up your claims? Or are you actually that thick that you thought he was honestly waiting for a million euro cheque to drop through the door after buying a few bonds?

Here's another...

I think the problem here is that you seem to have no clue about the level of DIRT tax and fees that are being applied to conventional savings accounts at the minute making them pretty much pointless. 99% of people in this thread are parking their lump sums in bonds because there is literally nowhere else to leave the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

If you invest enough money, your return will generally be in excess of what you will make in any savings account.

• Advertisement

I have gone on record here saying I expect to win nothing, you pick out the little bits you want to pick out little girl.

Advertisement