Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Negative_G wrote: »
    First win today also of €100 (2 x €50). This was only my second draw so hopefully my luck will continue.

Winnings from last draw: €0
    Last win 13th Feb 2015: €100
    Total winnings since Feb 2015 on €50k: €100

Very nice, well done!
    Do you check online?
    I go into Bond Tracker, and click on Winning Numbers, I presume that's how everyone checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Very nice, well done!
    Do you check online?
    I go into Bond Tracker, and click on Winning Numbers, I presume that's how everyone checks?

Thank you. It was a pleasant surprise!

You can set it up yourself to check online. When you have your bond certificate it lists the start and end numbers of your 'batch' of bonds. You then input these and you can check around midday I believe every Friday. Just in case anyone else was wondering!

I believe the alternative is to wait for the post to arrive the following week.

I've opted to receive any winnings in reissued bonds so I guess I'll have to plug the next batch into my account if and when they happen.

I presume an individual cert is issued then in this instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frankiebouy

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Very nice, well done!
    Do you check online?

yeah thats how i check as well.i have 1000 euro about of prize bonds.in the last three years i have won 75 euro. .

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

I was away for the w.e. and hoped the Valentine guy might put in a good word for me.
    Winnings from 13/2/15 - Nil
    Last win 16/1/15 €150 (3 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Nothing today 20/2/15 :(

• Advertisement

Nothing as of yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

no wins today
    last win 9th january 15.. 50 euro
    v disappointing as 20 k in bonds

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

No wins today.
    Last win 16th Jan. 2015 - €150 (3 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from last draw: €0
    Last win 3rd October 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1850

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

100k in prize bonds and i've won 50 euro in the last 3 months. absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i just found a hundred pounds... yes pounds worth of prize bonds :) from early 90's never won a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

zac8 wrote: »
    100k in prize bonds and i've won 50 euro in the last 3 months. absolutely pathetic.

Holy ****............. that's pretty bad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

I think before the October change a 100k should have given you around 26 wins a year
    since the prize fund change that has gone down to about 16 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing this week for me either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

Nothing this week.

last Win June 2014 - €50
    Total wins since Dec 2010 - €375
    Current investment €7000 (1500 added a few weeks back).

I think before the October change a 100k should have given you around 26 wins a year
    since the prize fund change that has gone down to about 16 a year

Spot on I'd say - as a family we have about the same and I calculated we were winning €150 many months but now we're lucky to get €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the Prize Bond company. I understand the need for "Know your customer" but the delays and bureaucracy have been ridiculous recently.

My purchases would be normal amounts to deposit in any other savings account. I've always paid by card and I've provided them with bank statements, payslips and certified copies of ID. They still haven't issued bonds I purchased weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Why do they need bank statements and payslips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

jrmb wrote: »
    I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the Prize Bond company. I understand the need for "Know your customer" but the delays and bureaucracy have been ridiculous recently.

My purchases would be normal amounts to deposit in any other savings account. I've always paid by card and I've provided them with bank statements, payslips and certified copies of ID. They still haven't issued bonds I purchased weeks ago.
    My bonds are through DD and usually take between 10-20 days. They're not even issued until mid month after being paid for on the 1st.

Miss up to 2 draws between paying and issuing (The actual date on the bond).

Taylor365 wrote:
    My bonds are through DD and usually take between 10-20 days. They're not even issued until mid month after being paid for on the 1st.
    Do they contact you often about compliance with money laundering legislation?

• Advertisement

sasta le wrote:
    Why do they need bank statements and payslips?
    I got a letter asking for proof of (current) address, proof of identity and an original Revenue/Social Welfare document to comply with money laundering legislation in early January.

I provided a bank statement, tax certificate and copy of my passport. I had similar documents at the post office when I made the first purchase.

I received a follow-on letter saying their request was still outstanding. I replied with another bank statement, payslip, college attendance letter and certified copy of my passport. I haven't heard from them since.

My employer sends payslips and certificates by email so I'm now stuck without any original documents with my PPS number.

Yes Taylor365, I found that delay most annoying and unfair when buying by DD.

I can understand the need to produce documentation but I was only asked once (and that was probably c2010) - to me JrMb, that sounds like your stuff has gone missing somewhere along the line.

I always ring directly or post directly to Kerry - anything that went via the GPO (which is on their prepaid envelopes) disappeared into the system for weeks.

Thanks tuisginideach. I addressed my last letter to Killorglin. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I also had bad problems with their customer service.
    They are very nice and apologetic over the phone, but that's no good, you want a good service.

I actually had a better return on some scratch cards this week than I ever had on my bonds. It's making me think about putting my savings somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

IMO the PB's are turning into a Mugs game, odds are remote, prizes are generally miserable, and value of money simply depreciates away over time.

If you want to take a punt, fire ahead, but anyone putting huge sums like € 100k really need to answer a few obvious Q's.

Blue chip stocks (with very low risk) pay divis of 5% and not forgetting the strong prospect of capital appreciation. Of course there is the chance of a downturn, but if patient, most if not all recover. Spread your risk and stop being taken for a mug.

PS anyone know, heard, or even read about a PB Millionaire?

I wish you luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

jrmb wrote: »

The frustration of buying PB is just stunningly difficult. I lay no blame on the staff behind the counter. The system needs to be reviewed and made more user friendly. I have no doubt whatever that people are put off by the intricacy of the system as it now stands.

I went with my brother to buy PB (several K's worth) and despite the fact that we have held other PB for decades and still live in our respective family homes for over 40 years and that we had passports, utility bills, bank statements, we still got sent away ( three times! ). Not sure if I'll bother further. Why do customers of 40 years have to be put through a filtration system intended to deter money launderers ?

They could eliminate a huge amount of confusion if their website were as clear as their counterpart in the UK, NS&I.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    The frustration of buying PB is just stunningly difficult. I lay no blame on the staff behind the counter. The system needs to be reviewed and made more user friendly. I have no doubt whatever that people are put off by the intricacy of the system as it now stands.

I went with my brother to buy PB (several K's worth) and despite the fact that we have held other PB for decades and still live in our respective family homes for over 40 years and that we had passports, utility bills, bank statements, we still got sent away ( three times! ). Not sure if I'll bother further. Why do customers of 40 years have to be put through a filtration system intended to deter money launderers ?

AFAIK the whole PB circus is managed by an independent Financial Co based in Kerry on behalf of the State. Makes you wondered why they are wasting money to an outsourced dinosaur provider?

• Advertisement

Have to say their new website doesn't appeal to me at all - I find it far harder to negotiate than the old one.

Advertisement