Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

PB's are more for security and not for returns - just fun

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Finally! :-P

Winnings on 20/3/15: €50
    Last win 3rd October 2014: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Yea - €50 here today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

I'm still at 0 :P

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    The frustration of buying PB is just stunningly difficult. I lay no blame on the staff behind the counter. The system needs to be reviewed and made more user friendly. I have no doubt whatever that people are put off by the intricacy of the system as it now stands.

I went with my brother to buy PB (several K's worth) and despite the fact that we have held other PB for decades and still live in our respective family homes for over 40 years and that we had passports, utility bills, bank statements, we still got sent away ( three times! ). Not sure if I'll bother further. Why do customers of 40 years have to be put through a filtration system intended to deter money launderers ?

I hadn't realised it has got even more ridiculous since 12th December last! Went in yesterday to buy an amount in joint names - same joint names they have on record, approved, verified etc etc etc - produced my licence - staff explained that since 12th Dec they have to photocopy 3 pieces of i.d. now, despite having my customer account no.

Back in today - three pieces of ID. Hadn't realised I had to have three pieces of ID for each of us! PO staff say they have lost so many sales as a result of this extra security. Queue out the door by the time I was leaving and my OH has been deprived of being named on what were to be joint bonds but now are mine alone - as I just filled out a new form in my own name.

Staff mentioned someone recently buying 9 gifts of PCs - staff had to photocopy the ID documents 9 times - ie 27 photocopies - what a load of bull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

ZILCH again. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing again today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

win today- 50 euro
    winnings since dec 14
    100 euro

Well done winners, must be a nice feeling to see that 50 squid pop in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

When is anyone going to fix the unclamied/uncashed selection buttons!

Sites been live a good few months and it still looks amateur.

• Advertisement

when buying prizebonds online with your account number do you still have to provide passport address etc...plus has anyone else who won a 50 euro prize been sent a letter to reinvest in prizebonds ??

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

eamonn147 wrote: »
    when buying prizebonds online with your account number do you still have to provide passport address etc...plus has anyone else who won a 50 euro prize been sent a letter to reinvest in prizebonds ??

Bought PBs online on a number of occasions (7 or 8 times) and was asked once (got a letter off them) to send in identification before they sent the certificate out to me.

Not sure if it's got more strict recently or not, I did get some since December (when the Post Office got more strict) and wasn't asked so they still don't ask every time.

Yes, I noticed that the brochure which now accompanies the prize cheque is specifically geared to getting you to reinvest.

Re mormegil's comment, I think that your customer number suffices in an online transaction but I think (offhand) that that transaction is limited to €1000.

Yes, I noticed that the brochure which now accompanies the prize cheque is specifically geared to getting you to reinvest.

Re mormegil's comment, I think that your customer number suffices in an online transaction but I think (offhand) that that transaction is limited to €1000.

You can buy up to 1500 euro worth online I believe.

As I said I was asked to provide Identification once but it was something like the 4th or 5th time I had purchased PBs online so they do have some checks in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 27/3/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

You can buy up to 1500 euro worth online I believe.

As I said I was asked to provide Identification once but it was something like the 4th or 5th time I had purchased PBs online so they do have some checks in place.

Edit
    Just checked: No winner today for me (last win June 2014).

Nothing again today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I say this has been covered. I think at the start, but do they let you know if you've one or must you check yourself?

Informed by post the following Wed usually (used to be Tuesday but now Wed.

no win today unfortunately

• Advertisement

Nothing, Zilch, Nada, Nil to date on a €3,600 investment. Until next week!

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Nothing, Zilch, Nada, Nil to date on a €3,600 investment. Until next week!

im sure you will get a win soon

im sure you will get a win soon

I'm not fussed if I do or not to be honest Eamonn.
    I am just happy it's in there and not behind the pub counter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

Nothing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Nada for me too. I only have €25 in though, how jammy would I be if I win the €1,000,000 :D

good for you it all adds up at the end of the day better to save regardless of internet than to piss away money on whatever

good for you it all adds up at the end of the day better to save regardless of interest than to piss away money on whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing today either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Nothing today either. Nothing since my first and only win 2 months ago with 8,000 bonds in the pot.

I'll give it a few more months, hopefully I'll have some more success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

€50 win yesterday
    Total €100 on €30000 Oct 2014

Advertisement