Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

No win today for Easter (or for anything else either!).
    Last win 16.1.15 €150 (3 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

No win today myself maybe next week thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 3/4/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing again this week for me either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I've invested €5,000 in PB's & €10,000 in stocks & shares.

To date I've won about €300 on the PB's but I've made a little under €2,500 on the stocks & shares.
    PB's are a waste of time as the number of bonds will always increase while the fund will always be reduced.
    It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned but I'll leave them there until the end of the year, again!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

20k in prize bonds for a year. No winners :( Bonds cashed in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

My fund is going into a notice account unless something happens in the next month or so.

jrmb wrote: »
    My fund is going into a notice account unless something happens in the next month or so.

jrmb how much u have in bonds cant believe no wins with 20 k in bonds..

eamonn147 wrote:
    jrmb how much u have in bonds cant believe no wins with 20 k in bonds..
    Just over €1,300. I didn't have high expectations but now I'm just bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Agree with earlier post , a batch of high div shares is best , pbs now poor value

• Advertisement

what kind of high dividend shares oil or gas, certainly not banks, if aib shares fell to 1 cent woul they be worth an investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have a look at the FTSE 100 though, and all the other indices look the same practically, its primed for another crash, problem is whether thats soon or in 5 years. Terible time for savers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Nothing on a €3,600 investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Nothing again today :(

... nor last week :(

nor this week :(

Nothing on a €3,600 investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I see this thread becoming pages of nothings with people sub 10k posting every week....

:pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I see this thread becoming pages of nothings with people sub 10k posting every week....
    :pac:
    I wonder if that's because the number of prize bonds has now grown to such a level, it's so unlikely to win anything? Certainly I was getting at least 1 €50 every month or so, but now only one win since October :cool:

Winnings on 27/3/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

pbwinner wrote: »
    I wonder if that's because the number of prize bonds has now grown to such a level, it's so unlikely to win anything? Certainly I was getting at least 1 €50 every month or so, but now only one win since October :cool:
    Yourself and Foolsgold used to post a win every week when this thread was started, and I used to usually have a €50 waiting for me whenever I got down to the parents house once a month or so, that completely stopped the last time they interfered with the prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

NOTHING for me since 16th January, 2015 (on 60K) when I got 3 x €50.

• Advertisement

Nada

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

The low rate of winners is due in both to the amount of Prize Bonds and the recent change in the prizes.
    The fund now stands at €2,254,160,000 That's 360,665,600 bonds approx.
    That's just over a million in cash of new bonds purchased every working day in March

In March if you had 100k in PBs you would be looking at 16/17 wins per year 16.5 exactly, now in April its still 16/17 but its 16.62.
    The real change in odds came because of the new prize structure mainly in the €50 prize
    In October there was over 10,000 prizes this changed to 6500 in November and now stands at 7206
    The change in the prize structure I reckon cut the odds of winning by a third
    That 100K last year would be looking at 24/25 wins a year

So now someone with 100k should win something every 3 to 4 weeks
    10k should win a prize every 30 odd weeks
    1k should win every 312 weeks or 5 to 6 years
    As for the OP with 25k your looking at a win every 12/13 weeks or 4 wins a year
    These are just the odds of winning, you could win more but more the likely it will be less

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

have a hangover from last night, but just logged in to check my numbers and wow there is €50 to cheer me up :)

Following on from Agent Smyth's analysis above, I graphed the €50 and total winnings from the last 26 prize bond draws. I think it explains why my winnings have dropped off a cliff: there was an almost 4,000 drop in the number of prizes from October after their reorganization of the draw.

YqXuapf.png

Why was there such a huge drop in prizes if there is a lot of money being pumped into it?

Because they're greedy scum and figured they could coin it even more when interest rates are so poor everywhere else.

Hmm! I'll give it until Christmas, if I haven't got anything I'll take all out.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Hmm! I'll give it until Christmas, if I haven't got anything I'll take all out.
    I'm thinking the same. At least before the fund changes, I was more or less breaking even comapred to a basic savings account. But I'm not prepared to have no chance of even regular €50 wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'll be reaching 10k by the end of the year so it's either a lump sum or drip feed into regular savings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

... nor last week :(

Advertisement