Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Eamonn147 .. I've been in almost 3 yes... ist year 1.8% return,2nd year,,1.2% and past 10 months down to o.7%... I realise its a gamblers game but for me its my life savings and I need to top up a very low income by a return on the investment,,, looking at other alternatives now...
    Anyway,,, Best of luck to you all.. Great to follow other peoples experience on here..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

best of luck carrickbawn would you not consider a ten year post office saving bond with a 25 percent return on 120000 euro..which would be 30000 euro 3 grand a year..not to good but not to bad considering no risk to initial investment??

Hi Eamon147,, Thank you for suggestion,I had considered that option but as I am not exactly in the first flush of youth I find it difficult to tie up my savings for that length of time..It also would not help with my low income as I would have no access to interest until bond matured and by then I might be pushing up daisies...
    Am looking at other options. Shares that pay good dividends or possibly property might be more suitable..
    In the meantime,,,Roll on Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Good luck anyway; I'm in similar exciting position where my daisies, quite possibly, have already started to sprout! Nevertheless, where there's life there's hope...and, like you say, there's always Friday!! Some hope that, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

carrickbawn:: possibly property with rental income is the way to go, for me however its roll on friday ive only 20k in pbonds allot of money in its own right so far ive won 200 quid ..here is to hoping ill try and throw in a few grand at the end of the year if i had 200k id invest in property myself best of luck with it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

Thanks Sligo Quay , if i did'nt laugh i'd cry . I see Sligo won the million quid , er, it was'nt you by any chance ? lol !

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Essex Man wrote: »
    Thanks Sligo Quay , if i did'nt laugh i'd cry . I see Sligo won the million quid , er, it was'nt you by any chance ? lol !
    No not me, i wish Essex man, I resently purchased 20K of prize bonds, it was a saving bond that matured after 3 years, earning me €2,000 interest, if I reinvested the 20K for next 3 years it would have only earned €750, a dramatic drop in interest rate, so I purchase the prize bonds, I'II purchased more in the coming months, then maybe cash in.
    But I have 100 bonds i purchased between 1985 & 1990, I have a kind of sentimental attachment to those, I probably won't cash them in, finally in 2012 won €75, 2013 won another €75, in that 100 bonds, there is 1 bond, it hasn't won, I've a good feeling about it, the numbers have a ring to it, AG
    , if it ever wins the million, I'II frame it, very coincidental numbers, used them for a password resently, that bond is in my dreams AG
    I love that Friday feeling LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

40k still won nothing tick tock please god I'm waiting to win something lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

honey12345 wrote: »
    40k still won nothing tick tock please god I'm waiting to win something lol :)

I hope you have lots of patience....sure you only bought them in April and you havent won the million jackpot yet?! :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

I've 5k sitting around doing nothing and the ROI for savings is tiny, I'd rather throw them into Prize-bonds for some fun.

I've no real fixed address though and expect to be moving around every 6 months in houseshares. Are Prize-bonds fairly easy to claim back? I was thinking of having the address fixed to my parents or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Kai123 wrote: »
    Are Prize-bonds fairly easy to claim back? I was thinking of having the address fixed to my parents or something.
    Very important to have a fixed address for prize bonds, it's the main reason for ''unclaimed prizes''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Kai123 wrote: »
    I've 5k sitting around doing nothing and the ROI for savings is tiny, I'd rather throw them into Prize-bonds for some fun.

I've no real fixed address though and expect to be moving around every 6 months in houseshares. Are Prize-bonds fairly easy to claim back? I was thinking of having the address fixed to my parents or something.
    If you want fun, invest your 5k in honey badgers.

If you want a regretful Friday every week, you've come to the right place! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Think I'll join this gang and invest a few Ks in PBs....

Once you buy are they included immediately in the draws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zipppy wrote: »

They are but you must give your winnings to posters on this thread for a year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Zipppy wrote: »

What have you seen in this thread that would make you want to invest in PBs? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Fizman wrote: »
    What have you seen in this thread that would make you want to invest in PBs? :)

Nice people with (an unfounded) sense of optimism!!! :):(

Well,,Its Friday again and happy to say 2x50 today...
    Hope more of you get some joy today....

€50 today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 4 September2015: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing today.
    Last win €50 on 7th August 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

No win today.

Last win June 5th 2015 on 50k. No win for 3 months now after a positive start.

Strongly thinking about taking my funds and investing in BOI shares for the medium term. Will give it a another month or two and see if I have any more success.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

€100 win today on €25k

Last win: €50 on 15th May 2015

Nothing today...

€50 today :)

nearly afraid to say it in case I jeopardise my luck!
    2 X €50 today!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Invested 20K two weeks ago.I have received my bonds is there anything else I need to do ,other than sit back and watch the money roll in:D

yabadabado wrote: »
    Invested 20K two weeks ago.I have received my bonds is there anything else I need to do ,other than sit back and watch the money roll in:D

Pray!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

nearly afraid to say it in case I jeopardise my luck!
    2 X €50 today!:):)

Nice. What's your investment and ROI to date?

I haven't had a win in over 3 months. Disheartening !

100K +
    ROI not half good enough! I had nothing Dec / Jan and only one win of €50 from March to May inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 11 September 2015: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Jaysus! Logged in today to withdraw all my bonds and there was my first €50 Prize waiting for me. Took a year.
    Fekk it, have to leave them in now...

Advertisement