Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Jaysus! Logged in today to withdraw all my bonds and there was my first €50 Prize waiting for me. Took a year.
    Fekk it, have to leave them in now...

What does it say when you go to check winning numbers. Still waiting on the 1st win. Beginning to wonder if they in the draw at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

No win on 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Just home from a week holidays, letter from Kerry on the mat, €50 euro win 4th Sep, 20K batch purchased 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

honey12345 wrote: »
    No win on 40k

me neither , also on 40k . just a thought , is there any limit to the amount of bonds
    anyone can hold ? , if not then anyone with a spare million or two lying around can pile
    prize bonds and sweep all the prizes ! i would like michael o'leary , j.p.mc.manus and other
    multimillionaires to join this thread so they can tell us their hard luck stories about not
    winning anything for a whole week !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Essex Man wrote: »
    anyone with a spare million or two lying around can pile
    prize bonds and sweep all the prizes !

That's what I plan to do for the three months after I win the €1m - I won't be here, of course, to log on weekly and keep you updated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

me neither , also on 40k . just a thought , is there any limit to the amount of bonds
    anyone can hold ? , if not then anyone with a spare million or two lying around can pile
    prize bonds and sweep all the prizes ! i would like michael o'leary , j.p.mc.manus and other
    multimillionaires to join this thread so they can tell us their hard luck stories about not
    winning anything for a whole week !

I have two separate bonds one with 10k other set of bonds is for 30k my mother also has 20k in bonds she has won 100 euro they're there about two years now! I think there is a limit of 100k euro max per person (as far as I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Honey,,, I have no idea where you got that from... Definitely not the case..
    I don't think there is any upper limit to the amount of bonds you can have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Website says "No Maximum limit on the number of Prize Bonds held" and totally useless fact of the day is that the UK premium bonds have a £50k limit.

My very generous godfather gave me a UK Premium Bond when I was born - nearly 60 yrs ago .... I have updated my address but not a sausage after all that time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

i would like michael o'leary , j.p.mc.manus and other multimillionaires to join this thread so they can tell us their hard luck stories about not winning anything for a whole week !

Who do you think pbwinner is?

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Who do you think pbwinner is?

LOL , of course , or it might be Bono , or The Edge ( what a stupid name ) !

I dont think that JP mc Manus or Michael O Leary made their millions by leaving their money sitting in prize bonds in the hope of a big win..

Back to normal - zilch today :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 18 September 2015: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

LOL , of course , or it might be Bono , or The Edge ( what a stupid name ) !

I can confirm that I am not Bono or The Edge :-)

And I can confirm that I got the usual "Sorry" message today..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Sorry: Nothing today either.
    Last win 7th August €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€20,000!!!!!!! joke nothing :cool:

I'm at the 3,800 stage after 19 months of €200 investments. Nuffin'!

I'll probably pull the plug in March and throw the 5k into something else. Least I'll get €25 out of a deposit acc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

€50 win today on €25k

Last win: 1 X €100 on 4th Sept 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Letter landed on door mat from Kerry, €50 win 11th September draw, 2 wins 2 weeks in a row, 20K purchased, sucks only €50, it only states they are in the drum, if I can win €50, I might win €50,000, in my dreams, if only............

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    Website says "No Maximum limit on the number of Prize Bonds held" and totally useless fact of the day is that the UK premium bonds have a £50k limit.

You are quite correct about the UK Premium Bonds , the limit was recently upped from
    £40k to £50k . i have £40k invested , winnings so far in 2015 , £450 pounds sterling ,
    not a lot but better than Prize Bonds , winnings so far in 2015 , zero . on euro40k

Taylor365 wrote: »
    €20,000!!!!!!! joke nothing :cool:

I'm at the 3,800 stage after 19 months of €200 investments. Nuffin'!

I'll probably pull the plug in March and throw the 5k into something else. Least I'll get €25 out of a deposit acc :pac:

Your bonds are in the same musty drawers in kerry as mine are ! now that Kerry have
    lost the all-ireland , there will be even less chance of winning !

£40k to £50k . i have £40k invested , winnings so far in 2015 , £450 pounds sterling
    How long have you held them for 2015?

How long have you held them for 2015?

Since January 2015 . 9 months and no sign of the stork .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

€50 win today on €20k.

First win.Got the bonds at the start of this month.

yabadabado wrote: »
    €50 win today on €20k.

First win.Got the bonds at the start of this month.

Nice one!

Since January 2015 . 9 months and no sign of the stork .
    And both the same amount and time in prize bonds?

Be a good comparison, UK vs Irish.

And both the same amount and time in prize bonds?

Be a good comparison, UK vs Irish.

Yep, both exactly the same ,will give it till the end of the year then decide what to do .

Back to normal - zilch today :(:(

and zilch :( today

• Advertisement

Winnings on 25 September 2015: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

Advertisement