Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Essex Man wrote: »
    now that Kerry have
    lost the all-ireland , there will be even less chance of winning !
    Hmmmmm star prize €50,000 euro went to Kerry today, lost all Ireland last Sunday, does make you wonder..........

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

1x 100 euro today... A rare one,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

1x 100 euro today... A rare one,,,

I think thats the first time I`ve seen someone on here win more than the minimum amount, congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

and zilch :( today

2 X€50 today :):)

I just noticed this morning that in last week's prizes there was an AAD bond (€50000), an AAU bond (€1000) and an AAO bond (€100) - nice start for those new bonds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Hurray, nice win today, after three months without.

Winnings on 2 October 2015: €50
    Last win 5 June 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2015 on €50k: €300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win 7th August, 2015 - €50

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

This raft of wins today is VERY suspicious!

But on the plus side, I've finally hit €2,000 in winnings :)

* Winnings on 02 October 2015: €50 *
    * Last win 29 May 2015: €50 *
    * Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000 *

I'm afraid that raft did not float as far as me but delighted for all who got a little boost today.
    Like the weather,,,,long may it last and especially delighted that pbwinner reached that elusive 2 k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

pbwinner wrote: »

Congrats, my inner OCD is very pleased that it has now been rounded to €2,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I won 50 euro today on 40k yay! :D

• Advertisement

How is the draw conducted does anybody know, how does the computer select the winning bonds, I see in today's draw a bond 742712 won €50 euro, not mine, as it was probably issued before I was born, the owner could be dead, a bond number without letters makes it nearly 60 years old, a long time waiting on €50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

well done pbwinner , you have lived up to your name , 2 grand is a nice round figure ,
    can you work out the interest rate ? 56 months , 2 grand, on 25 grand , any accountants out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

1.71% AER by my calculations.

56 months is 4.67 years.

(2000 * 100) / 25000 / 4.67 = 1.71%

For those of us who receive chq by post - I wonder what arrangement Fexco will make to pay us this week if An Post are still saying tomorrow not to post items?

They'll wait until the dispute is over like the rest of us! :P

2 X€50 today :):)

I just noticed this morning that in last week's prizes there was an AAD bond (€50000), an AAU bond (€1000) and an AAO bond (€100) - nice start for those new bonds!

Last week's raft has sunk - nothing today:( ... but an AAH won €1000 - they're definitely in the lucky streak!

Nothing today either.
    Last win €50 2nd instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 09 October 2015: €0
    Last win 02 October 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000

Nothing today, 20K purchased in July, 50€ won on 4th September, 50€ won on 11th September, nothing since.

I think they realised that I felt left out last week,so they threw in a 50 for me today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

€50 win today on €25k

Last win: €50 on 18th Sept 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

honey12345 wrote: »
    I won 50 euro today on 40k yay! :D

I won nothing today on 40k yay !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

I have won nothing on pbonds to the value of 13000 since january, on the plus side won 200 euro on 6300 worth of bonds..

I am thinking of submitting a repayment form for the 13k and purchasing new bonds as allot of new numbers appear to be winning..is this a conspiracy or do new bonds have a trend of winning??

either way on the 20k i have got about 1 percent return so far but thought i would get more,,

eamonn147 wrote: »
    I am thinking of submitting a repayment form for the 13k and purchasing new bonds as allot of new numbers appear to be winning..is this a conspiracy or do new bonds have a trend of winning??
    I really don't think it makes any difference, this week's draw had an AL bond and a AK bond, both winning €1,000euro, which would date them back to the late 1980s, a lot of the older bonds have been cashed in, so in the ''conspiracy theory'' it appears they are rare.
    Yeah that Friday feeling, starting on a high and ending in crushing disappointment, still there's always next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I haven't won in ages but won €50 3 times in the last month on €12k.

I've a couple of questions about repurchasing. On the form it asks for the bond serial numbers, is that the black printed number on the back rather than the bond number?

Do people normally send their bonds by regular post or do you get it registered? If you loose the physical bonds do you loose the money? I'm don't feel particularly enthusiastic about posting €12k back to them.

That's a good month!
    Bond no. on front
    Ordinary post but I always photocopy for my own records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Can anyone with 20-25k let me know their return over 12 months? Be good to get an avg.

I'm in two minds whether to lock it in at 1%(half that after tax really) in a lump sum acc or try get a better return for 12 months with pbs....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Can anyone with 20-25k let me know their return over 12 months? Be good to get an avg.

I'm in two minds whether to lock it in at 1%(half that after tax really) in a lump sum acc or try get a better return for 12 months with pbs....
    Might as well have a bit of fun with it while its earning a sh1tty return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thargor wrote: »
    Might as well have a bit of fun with it while its earning a sh1tty return :D

Not much fun to be had with thin air though!.......Well, maybe except inhaling it. :pac:

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »

If you are LUCKY you might get some return worth talking about, but.....!
    On €60K+ I got €400, and that is from 1st Jan. 2015 to today. Some of the Bonds were 20-30 years old and the rest within the last 10 years - but nothing really new. A couple of years ago, in similar length of time, it would have been €1,500+ - never a big prize always the lowest one, but occasionally two in the same draw. "Those were the days, my friend....".

Advertisement