Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    If you are LUCKY you might get some return worth talking about, but.....!
    On €60K+ I got €400, and that is from 1st Jan. 2015 to today. Some of the Bonds were 20-30 years old and the rest within the last 10 years - but nothing really new. A couple of years ago, in similar length of time, it would have been €1,500+ - never a big prize always the lowest one, but occasionally two in the same draw. "Those were the days, my friend....".
    I'm no pb newbie. My trickling 20 month investment hasn't made a cent (€200 DD) but i know anything less than 10/20k isn't expected to win much, if anything....

+2% return on 20k would satisfy me.

Maybe i'll just trickle it into multiple reg savers....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

TAYLOR on 20k i have won 200 euro since last December so far on another note FOOLSGOLD they are some stats the prizebond fund must have seriously depleted over the years hopefully it goes up again now that economy is improving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Taylor I've won €300 on 50k since February of this year. For what its worth.

On a different note, I won €50 two weeks ago and have yet to receive the bond cert. I received the letter informing me of my win but no cert. Happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I hope I start winning soon :) most of my savings are in prize bonds :) i dont need the money right now or in the near future the plan is to leave the 40k there for the next couple of years I might bring it up to 50k and that will be it! My bonds are there since April I have to separate bonds 30k in since April the other 10 in since June or there about I have won 50 euro so far

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

eamonn147 wrote: »
    TAYLOR on 20k i have won 200 euro since last December so far on another note FOOLSGOLD they are some stats the prizebond fund must have seriously depleted over the years hopefully it goes up again now that economy is improving

As far as I'm aware there has been no depletion of the PB Fund, in fact its bigger then it ever was, the last time I checked it was growing at a million euros a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Agreed. To keep pace with the huge numbers of Bonds being purchased in these times of low/no interest rates elsewhere, I believe that the Prizes Fund bears the same ratio as it ever did, but personal winnings are scant to say the least nowadays. Could there be a segregation of "Sections" 'in the hat' some Fridays? Still, I'm in a cleft stick like all Golden Oldies, so had better shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Last week's raft has sunk - nothing today:( ... but an AAH won €1000 - they're definitely in the lucky streak!

And nothing again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 16 October 2015: €0
    Last win 02 October 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Nothing here either...Lots of old bonds in the winners enclosure today...

Nothing today either.
    Last win - €50 on 2nd October, 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing this week, last win 11th September €50.

out of interest folks..do the pbond holders who win the jackpot prizes of 50k and 1 million have to pay PRSI at 4% since prizes are tax free like the lotto for Irish residents

eamonn147 wrote: »
    out of interest folks..do the pbond holders who win the jackpot prizes of 50k and 1 million have to pay PRSI at 4% since prizes are tax free like the lotto for Irish residents
    All prizes, including jackpot prizes are tax free on pay out, but any earnings on the money thereafter would be subject to tax, if you reinvest your winnings in a bank account or other savings products then you'd be subject to dirt etc, if I won a million I'd like to buy my daughter a house, then she would have to pay gift tax, there's no escape from the taxman, but then again, worrying about paying tax on a jackpot, sadly I don't think I'II have that worry, going on my ''luck'' with prize bonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    All prizes, including jackpot prizes are tax free on pay out, but any earnings on the money thereafter would be subject to tax, if you reinvest your winnings in a bank account or other savings products then you'd be subject to dirt etc, if I won a million I'd like to buy my daughter a house, then she would have to pay gift tax, there's no escape from the taxman, but then again, worrying about paying tax on a jackpot, sadly I don't think I'II have that worry, going on my ''luck'' with prize bonds.

Gift Tax, ya peasant Sligo, rich folk don't pay tax. Ya need to get a good accountant.

Facebook paid just 4 grand on 100million+ the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Trying to make a pb calculator.

Using ((the number of bonds/number of prizes)*bonds held)*expected rate of return.

Using 25k it returns:

0.9947 chance of 0 each week.
    0.005 chance of 50 each week.
    0.0001 chance of 100 each week.

Using a random number generator then to generate a number between 0 and 1 for the weekly draw.

Does the calculation look off to you?

Gift Tax, ya peasant Sligo, rich folk don't pay tax. Ya need to get a good accountant.

Facebook paid just 4 grand on 100million+ the other day.
    I understand what your saying, maybe this is for another thread, but if my daughter buys a house for cash, or anybody, the tax crowd will want to know where you got the money, PRSI numbers etc are recorded, that's why we have money laundering regulations etc, yes you need good accountants, now back on thread, Flexco was paid €5million last year for running the draw, An Post got €3.5 million, read that in yesterday's indo, maybe some luck on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

And nothing again. :(

and again :(

And nothing here again... Pathetic.. Cashing more in next week.....They so need to give a better percentage out in prizes,,,Since it dropped its just impossible to get a return...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

And nothing here again... Pathetic.. Cashing more in next week.....They so need to give a better percentage out in prizes,,,Since it dropped its just impossible to get a return...

Fully agree and likewise reducing holdings rapidly as I can.

PB are quite deplorable now in terms of a reasonable rate of return. What a shame.

Winnings on 23 October 2015: €0

• Advertisement

nothing today last win 21.8.15 sick of logging on to no new winners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Nothing today either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

nothing today , drastic action required , i am going to make Fexco an offer they cant refuse , if i dont win something soon , Oscar Pistorius will be paying them a friendly visit , maybe put a few holes in their musty drawers , that should shake them up a bit !

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Another win today 50 euro :) woohoo

Nothing today for me, star prize €50,000 went to Sligo, sadly not me, prize bonds are a bad return, but then again a €5euro quick pick on the lotto is not much better, you still lose and the money is gone, tis like that lottery add, the finger pointing at YOU! With the slogan ''it could be you'' but it never is, it's always somebody else, what keep us in, the slogan from the sweep stakes all those years ago ''if your not in, you can't win'' yeah right, pull the other one :mad:

Nothing on 23 Oct., 2015.
    Last win - €50 - 2nd Oct., 2015.

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win (€50) on 2nd October, 2015.

Same as that 50 here too...

Winnings on 30 October 2015: €0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

€50 win today makes €200 total (4x50) on €30,000 in one year

in the same period €30,000 in a BOI Advantage 12 Month Fixed Term Deposit Acc matured last week giving me interest of €176.51

PB`s just sneak it on the line

Advertisement