Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing for me today, last win 11th September 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

robwen wrote: »
    €50 win today makes €200 total (4x50) on €30,000 in one year

in the same period €30,000 in a BOI Advantage 12 Month Fixed Term Deposit Acc matured last week giving me interest of €176.51

PB`s just sneak it on the line

Is that interest gross or net of tax??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

Is that interest gross or net of tax??

Net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

and again :(

€50 today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Sick of banks offering 0.5%
    can anyone save me reading thru 154 pages here, has anyone won more than €50 ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Big C wrote: »
    can anyone save me reading thru 154 pages here, has anyone won more than €50 ?????

I have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Put anything over 50 out of your mind, if it happens its a nice bonus but you'll be one of a very small club, winning 50 is a bit of a challenge these days tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I'm getting 1.25% before tax with RaboDirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I'm getting 1.25% before tax with RaboDirect.

So an effective rate of .77% or thereabouts once DIRT is taken from your interest.

Still fairly miserable.

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Nothing for me today, last win 11th September 50 euro.
    I'II quote myself, same post as last Friday, more disappointment today:(

• Advertisement

I see Prize Bonds have now brought in a maximum amount held - you can't buy more than €250,000 or hold more unless you inherit them/ buy them with your winnings. I have often thought that if I won the million or the Lotto (which I gave up doing when the price/numbers increased) I'd buy Prize Bonds with the lot and leave there for the 3 months til I had had time to plan what to do longterm with the money.
    So I am stymied again. :(

I wonder how many holders of €250000+ worth of bonds there are?

On the plus side, I will still be able to buy prize bonds with today's €50.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 06 November 2015: €0
    Last win 02 October 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

I see Prize Bonds have now brought in a maximum amount held - you can't hold more than €250,000 unless you inherit them/ buy them with your winnings. I have often thought that if I won the million or the Lotto (which I gave up doing when the price/numbers increased) I'd buy Prize Bonds with the lot and leave there for the 3 months til I had had time to plan what to do longterm with the money.
    So I am stymied again. :(

I wonder how many holders of €250000+ worth of bonds there are?

On the plus side, I will still be able to buy prize bonds with today's €50.:)

What are the reasons behind this?

Also have you a better chance of winning a prize by buying smaller batches or just buy one big batch of prize bonds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Negative_G wrote: »
    So an effective rate of .77% or thereabouts once DIRT is taken from your interest.

Still fairly miserable.

True but it beats the competition.

otterj wrote: »
    Also have you a better chance of winning a prize by buying smaller batches or just buy one big batch of prize bonds?
    It really doesn't make any difference, it only takes 1 individual bond to win a prize, last week's €1 million was won by a bond bought in 2014, was it part of a batch or not, it makes no difference, it's only 1 bond out of millions, it was lucky to win a million, there is no system, it's all a random game of chance, we'd all love to know the secret or system, there isn't any, just pure random luck, but there is 1 thing, there is always NEXT FRIDAY ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from 6th Nov. - Nil
    Last win €50 on 30th Oct. 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Quick question. I've just come across the tread and realise I have a €50 bond since 2009. Do you need to check each draw if you have won or will you be notified? I've never checked if I've won anything (sorry to hijack)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Quick question. I've just come across the tread and realise I have a €50 bond since 2009. Do you need to check each draw if you have won or will you be notified? I've never checked if I've won anything (sorry to hijack)

https://www.statesavings.ie/PrizebondsApp/Results/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

otterj wrote: »
    What are the reasons behind this?

I have two separate batches one with the value of 30k the other for the value of 10k I will put another 10k into prize bonds within the next couple of months. I have won a 100 euro in total. They're not in a year yet the 30k is in since April ( I think) The other 10k is in since June or July If I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well, cancelled my DD and upped the amount to 14K.

Will leave that for the year see how it does against my 3% reg saver :P

• Advertisement

Good luck Tayloranydayoftheyear!

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    Good luck Tayloranydayoftheyear!

troll

There's always a Leap Year Honey, which is a bit of an Add-on I suppose.

Good Luck to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

€50 win today on €20k.

Second win.Got the bonds at the start of September.

Smiling today 3 X €50! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Well done...Nothing here...cashing more in next week ,so even less chance of winning in future....But lets face it,,only going from slim to slimmer...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 13 November 2015: €0
    Last win 02 October 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000

p.s. "€25k invested in prize bonds" is the highest viewed thread in the Investment & Markets section :-) My winnings in PBs haven't cheered me up, but that does, a little :-)) Here's to next Friday! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smiling today 3 X €50! :):):)
    Large amount of bonds?

Thargor wrote: »
    Large amount of bonds?

Yes - and I disappeared completely off the winning radar for the first half of the year - they must have found the bonds again!

• Advertisement

Yes - and I disappeared completely off the winning radar for the first half of the year - they must have found the bonds again!

How much have you got on in prize bonds? 3 x 50 congrats!

Advertisement