Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing today.
    Last win - €50 - 30th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

yabadabado wrote: »
    €50 win today on €20k.

Second win.Got the bonds at the start of September.
    My experience is similar, got €20k start of August, won €50 4th September, won €50 11th Sptember, nothing since, they must have been on a fresh pile but have since sunk to the bottom, nothing since, but there is always next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

No win since August 2014, a long time since I've gone that length without a win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

No win today. Last win October 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Nothing today :( but great to see a 6-digit bond win €100 - that must be a very very old bond!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Nothing again today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Nothing today :( but great to see a 6-digit bond win €100 - that must be a very very old bond!

I think you could win the million and still come back complaining the following week if you won nothing.

Nothing today either.
    Last win €50 on 30th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 20 November 2015: €0
    Last win 02 October 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2000

Indeed it is, 6-digit bond is 1 of the first, definitely dates back to 1957 or 1958 and if the holder has moved address or died and bond is in an attic covered in dust and cobwebs, it wil be another UNCLAIMED PRIZE.

Back to today, nothing for me, last win 11th September €50 euro.

• Advertisement

I think you could win the million and still come back complaining the following week if you won nothing.
    You have to be joking, I only ever dream of winning once, the big 1, that's all we need ONCE :D

1x50 today... Not such a black Friday after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Ditto!:)

Black Friday for me, nothing today, last win 11th September €50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Actually it would be a black Friday if you won something. The black in black Friday stands for profit, as opposed to red (debt).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 greenbamboo

Hi all, Was just wondering what your thoughts would be. I have 90 grand that is just coming out of a 3 year savings bond with the state savings. Should I just reinvest for another 3 years at 2.5% in the bonds or put it all into the prize bonds for 3 years for the chance to win something bigger maybe. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi all, Was just wondering what your thoughts would be. I have 90 grand that is just coming out of a 3 year savings bond with the state savings. Should I just reinvest for another 3 years at 2.5% in the bonds or put it all into the prize bonds for 3 years for the chance to win something bigger maybe. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Put it in PB for a few months and see how it grows. Then you can weigh it up against the interest you could have earned and decide which is for you. Maybe split it?

Winnings from today's draw = 1 x €100
    Last win - €50 on 30th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I have 40k in prize bonds I have put some money into a saving cert for five and a half years at least that way you are guaranteed 7% interest. I have won a 100 euro in total so far :) I will put another 10k into prize bonds next year no more after that.... in my opinion 90K IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR PRIZE BONDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I like keeping an eye on this forum i won nothing today tear*

• Advertisement

honey12345 wrote: »
    I in my opinion 90K IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR PRIZE BONDS!
    Indeed it is, unless your on a winning streak, I have 20K I got in August 2015 won 2 €50, I've a 30K saving bond maturing next June, I'II put that into Prize Bonds and THAT'S IT! I have a 100 Prize Bonds from the 1980s, had them for 23 years, then won €75 in 2012 another €75 in 2013, if I had that 100 Prize Bonds in a saving account IR500 earning compound interest over that 25 years thru the years of high interest I would have done better, but it's only a 100, definitely not worth leaving thousands in Prize Bonds over a long period, having said all that, I do enjoy that Friday feeling, and there is ALWAYS NEXT FRIDAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

I have 3k in mine.. Put in 50eper month. Haven't won anything for the past 4 years although I did win 75e in the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

honey12345 wrote: »
    I have 40k in prize bonds I have put some money into a saving cert for five and a half years at least that way you are guaranteed 7% interest. I have won a 100 euro in total so far :) I will put another 10k into prize bonds next year no more after that.... in my opinion 90K IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR PRIZE BONDS!

Some would say your proposed 50k is also WAY TOO MUCH!

GarIT wrote: »
    Actually it would be a black Friday if you won something. The black in black Friday stands for profit, as opposed to red (debt).

It may surprise you to know that I am aware of the reason for the reason why its referred to as black Friday.. I was just using the term in jest.... Will try to be more politically correct in future.

Ah, no don't do that because some of us (at least) like the jest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It may surprise you to know that I am aware of the reason for the reason why its referred to as black Friday.. I was just using the term in jest.... Will try to be more politically correct in future.

I didn't mean to be a d!ck, I just thought it would be interesting to point out, especially in I&M.

GarIT wrote: »
    I didn't mean to be a d!ck, I just thought it would be interesting to point out, especially in I&M.

That's OK.. I'm not sensitive. And even the Americans have changed their minds several times about what the meaning should be. Also those of us old enough to have reason to remember Black Monday know that it certainly did not have a positive connotation that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I often have to remind myself that "in the black" means profit as black is often otherwise associated with negativity or doom and gloom! :)

That's interesting about the contradiction in meaning between the recent annual Black Friday (windfall for retailers) and Black Monday (the 1987 crash - my first memory of anything to do with stocks and investments and possibly contributing to my risk aversion when it comes to playing the markets)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Another €50 win today.

Last win was October 2nd.

Winnings from Feb 2015 on €50k - €350

• Advertisement

Nothing doing for me today.
    Last win €100 on 27/11/15.

Advertisement