Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    0 for me Nov 14 to now aswell, what a joke, only good thing I can say about it is it kept me out of the markets where I would have taken a 20% hit most likely. There is literally nowhere to put your money at the minute, once inflation kicks in we are screwed.
    I take it all back :D

7fYYFFJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Where can you find A bond number? Bought a few today for the first time and cant find the bond number. Any help would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I have a small amount to invest, around €5k, thinking of sticking it into prize bonds for a while. My kids have a few hundred each in bonds, and have won €75 and €50x2. Has anyone on here won more than €100 or so in any one prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing again today, last win September 11th 2015 €50 euro.

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Where can you find A bond number? Bought a few today for the first time and cant find the bond number. Any help would be great thanks

Takes ages to get it, they send you a cert in the post and the number is on it. I was waiting at least a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Takes ages to get it, they send you a cert in the post and the number is on it. I was waiting at least a month.

Ok Thanks. I was thinking something like this but couldn't find anything on-line. Once I receive this information can I add prize bonds online for their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

spyderski wrote: »
    I have a small amount to invest, around €5k, thinking of sticking it into prize bonds for a while. My kids have a few hundred each in bonds, and have won €75 and €50x2. Has anyone on here won more than €100 or so in any one prize?

I honestly would not bother. Based on my own experience over 12 months with 50k and a return of €400, you would be doing well to see a €50 return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Negative_G wrote: »
    I honestly would not bother. Based on my own experience over 12 months with 50k and a return of €400, you would be doing well to see a €50 return.

Or he could win a million on his first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Or he could win a million on his first week.

Thanks for that, Captain obvious.

If the poster is looking for a return on a sum such as 5k, then prize bonds are not the answer. If he/she can afford to let it sit isn't bothered about a guaranteed return, then fire away.

To answer the second question. Very few have won €100 that I have seen and I've been following this thread closely for about 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Well,, Sent off paperwork yesterday to encash,but decided to leave it until this weeks draw was over. Today saw zero win once again,so almost glad as it just reassures me that I made the right decision..
    Last win 50 euros on 18th December on 160k...
    Will do numbers on last years return and post during the week...
    Glad to see a few wins today on here.. Best of luck ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well,, Sent off paperwork yesterday to encash,but decided to leave it until this weeks draw was over. Today saw zero win once again,so almost glad as it just reassures me that I made the right decision..
    Last win 50 euros on 18th December on 160k...
    Will do numbers on last years return and post during the week...
    Glad to see a few wins today on here.. Best of luck ...
    Thats lifechanging money, people start successful businesses with half that, you should speak to someone about what to do with it, definitely not Prize Bonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

spyderski wrote: »

I haven't at this stage won higher then €100 on a bond but there is a fellow on "ask about money.com" who won €1000.
    I reckon the odds on your 5k winning a prize would be once every 60 odd weeks and this more than likely would be a €50

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

No Win Yesterday.
    Win on 30k: 150 since April 2015
    Win on 10k: since June 2015 Nothing
    I will be taken out the 10k bond in the next couple of weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

No Win Yesterday.
    Win on 30k: 150 since April 2015
    Win on 10k: since June 2015 Nothing
    I will be taken out the 10k bond in the next couple of weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Alot of wealthy people on this thread.

I've 4500euro in prizebonds and never won a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

Someone was on Newstalk talking about the lottery and prize bonds. He wrote an article where he worked out that a single bond will win once every 86 years. I will leave that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

omerin wrote: »
    Someone was on Newstalk talking about the lottery and prize bonds. He wrote an article where he worked out that a single bond will win once every 86 years. I will leave that here

So if you have 86 bonds you should win every year :pac:

Those odds sound far to good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

i already have prizebonds thinking of throwing 5 or 6 k into them ..can i just go to the post office with the form with my account number on it and get them instead of brining this bill and that bill with me

omerin wrote: »

I have one bond that won on the 4/12/15 and again on 18/12/15.
    I probably should sell it as it wont ever win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

eamonn147 wrote: »
    i already have prizebonds thinking of throwing 5 or 6 k into them ..can i just go to the post office with the form with my account number on it and get them instead of brining this bill and that bill with me

No, you'll nearly need to present your birth cert, death cert, ID, proof of existence, Inter Cert results, university transcripts, passport, parking tickets and every other sort of documentation before they'll turn you away because you didn't bring your shopping list in triplicate.

• Advertisement

Haha Death cert, your not far off the mark there. I understand money laundering rules but if you have an PB account you shouldn't have to keep verifying yourself at the Post Office if your buying bonds for that account, you don't do it every time you lodge money in your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kk2012

there must be some changes in prizebonds this year does anyone know?
    i won 1 x 50 euro on 20K in all of last year and
    already this year i have won 3 x 50 for the same amount

Keep your head down - lucky you!!!

Edited to say - You're correct ... I am in shock here ... not €50,000 (alas) but ... €50 + .... €50 + .... €50 + .... €50 - 4 wins today!!!!

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kk2012

same to you, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

€50 win today.
    That's my second €50 win for 2016 with €22000 of bonds.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Strange indeed - long may it continue!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing for me since €50 last year - 18 December, 2015.

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    Nothing for me since €50 last year - 18 December, 2015.

Next week will be your one!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Keep your head down - lucky you!!!

Edited to say - You're correct ... I am in shock here ... not €50,000 (alas) but ... €50 + .... €50 + .... €50 + .... €50 - 4 wins today!!!!

:):):):)

Delighted for you! Lock it away as you know how hard-won it was!!! Bask in the glory of it anyway and let's hope your luck will hold.

• Advertisement

Thanks to you all - i feel like I have won the Lotto (but I still bought a ticket for tonight!)

Advertisement