Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Wow! 50euro today! Last win March 2010, on only 162 units! There is hope for everyone for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing since €50 on 18th Dec., 2015. Happy Easter to all with Good Luck thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

And nothing again....looks like i have reverted to the 2015 pattern .... nothing for twelve or so weeks between march and july 2015

And nothing again ...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing yesterday, last win 18th March 2016 €50.
    Total wins on 20k batch since July 2015, €200 euro = 4 €50 euro wins.
    The only thing about a €50 euro win, it just reassures ye that the bonds are in the draw, if they can win €50, they can win €50,000, don't mention the million, I live in hope, I dream big;)
    There is always next Friday, happy easter egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Nothing yesterday, last win 18th March 2016 €50.
    Total wins on 20k batch since July 2015, €200 euro = 4 €50 euro wins.
    The only thing about a €50 euro win, it just reassures ye that the bonds are in the draw, if they can win €50, they can win €50,000, don't mention the million, I live in hope, I dream big;)
    There is always next Friday, happy easter egg.
    I'm 14k in since Nov 15 and only picked up 50 euro.

Dream big me arse! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nah they're a joke these days, might as well leave it in the post office. I moved to a new role at work so I qualify for the pension now, 7% from me and 6.5% from the company, Im going to ask the pension company if they let you frontload it with a lump sum and if they do Ill cash out my 40k and put it in there instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Thargor wrote: »
    Nah they're a joke these days, might as well leave it in the post office. I moved to a new role at work so I qualify for the pension now, 7% from me and 6.5% from the company, Im going to ask the pension company if they let you frontload it with a lump sum and if they do Ill cash out my 40k and put it in there instead.

The NTMA treat prize bonds like borrowing on the market. If the yields on the market fall, they cut the winnings on prize bonds. We are borrowing at record low rates, so prizebond winnings are low.

You could the money into a regular saver with KBC or Nationwide UK at 3.5% and 3% respectively. My local CU gave 1.75% last year, so I joining them this year to try and get a rate above 1% that most banks are offering

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 26 March 2016: €0
    Last win 26 February 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2200

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

newacc2015 wrote: »

You could the money into a regular saver with KBC or Nationwide UK at 3.5% and 3% respectively. My local CU gave 1.75% last year, so I joining them this year to try and get a rate above 1% that most banks are offering

I see KBC only offers 2% or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I see KBC only offers 2% or am I missing something?

Need to open a KBC Extra Current Account

https://www.kbc.ie/Our-Products/KBC-Current-Account/Current-Account/Extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Earlier today, Prize Bonds got a 'big' mention during an RTE radio discussion about Deposit Saving on Today With Sean O 'Rourke. A couple of alternative investment options were also touched upon. To listen back to the broadcast, follow the link below......

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/today-with-sean-o-rourke/programmes/2016/0329/778044-today-with-sean-o-rourke-tuesday-29-march-2016/

Thanks for the link - interesting - she is getting a 2% - 2.5% return annually - I don't know how she manages that!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭footfall789

Hi,
    Bought another 25 prize bonds back on 12 feb 2016 , money was taken from my account on 15-feb. Received a letter on 23-mar from Prizebond Company saying that I need to update my identification details and once these have been received and updated then my prizebonds will be sent to me and entered to the weekly draw .

I thought this was a bit unfair on behalf of the Prizebonds Company , taking my money and then asking me to update my details a few weeks later. It s a bit like buying a lotto ticket and then being told by the the cashier that they need my passport before they can issue me with a ticket but wont give me my money back and in the meantime my ticket could have won.

Has this happened anyone else .

regards footfall

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carrickbawn

Thanks for the link - interesting - she is getting a 2% - 2.5% return annually - I don't know how she manages that!

And she says she gets that return every year,Makes you wonder?????
    Nobody on here achieving anything like that..
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

And she says she gets that return every year,Makes you wonder?????
    Nobody on here achieving anything like that..
    :confused:

I liked the way she couldn't give the correct prizes, "a million four times a year and 20k a week" and iirc her advise for older people about to retire and coming into a lump sum," if they have a mortgage with 25 years left they should pay it off" but otherwise it was entertaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Return on 30k - 200 euro They will be in a year mid April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

honey12345 wrote: »
    Return on 30k - 200 euro They will be in a year mid April!

Even though it is a tiny amount. It is still more than you would get in interest on a lump sum from a bank after DIRT

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Even though it is a tiny amount. It is still more than you would get in interest on a lump sum from a bank after DIRT

I know I dont think its bad I think the post office is the best I'm going to put money into a ten year solidarity bond also.

And nothing again....looks like i have reverted to the 2015 pattern .... nothing for twelve or so weeks between march and july 2015

As I predicted :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

One of my batches is a year old today, its value is €62500
    I have had 9x€50 and 3x€100, total winnings for the year €750
    That's a return of 1.2% net for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Winnings today: €50
    Last win 19 February 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb2016 on €5k: €100

Exact same story as my last/first win. Bought a second 2500 batch of bonds and had a win in the first 3 draws they were active.

Winnings on 1 April 2016: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing today, 2 €50 wins in March, I was going to say for April fool's sake, top prize today, just to cheer us all up, but I'd be just an April fool.
    So I tell the truth, today NOTHING!!!

I was away for a week in Valencia and find that I won €50 on Friday...perhaps I should clear out more often!
    Last win €50 on 18th Dec., 2015 on €60K+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats pretty horrific return on 60k Foolsgold... :(

Agreed. I'm too old for 'long term/medium term' and it is (probably!) safe, so I suppose it is down to getting a bit of luck here and there/on and off, but these times it is nearly always OFF! Still...live horse etc. ....:(

As I predicted :(:(:(:(

:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Winnings today: €0
    Last win 1 April 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb2016 on €5k: 100

Winnings on 8 April 2016: €0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Not a thing on €4,300 since Sept 2015.