Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Chiarrai92 wrote: »
    Winnings today: €0
    Last win 1 April 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb2016 on €5k: 100
    I suppose it ain't bad on €5k, I've €20k since August 2015, total winnings to date €200, 2 €50 wins in September 2015, 2 €50 wins in March 2016, I've 100 PB from the 1980s, after holding them for over 20 years finally 2 €75 euro wins on those in 2012 & 2013, I'd love to win €50,000 or de million, but it ain't happening :(
    Back today, NOTHING!!!! but there is always next Friday......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    I suppose it ain't bad on €5k, I've €20k since August 2015, total winnings to date €200, 2 €50 wins in September 2015, 2 €50 wins in March 2016, I've 100 PB from the 1980s, after holding them for over 20 years finally 2 €75 euro wins on those in 2012 & 2013, I'd love to win €50,000 or de million, but it ain't happening :(
    lol

€14k since Nov 15
    Winnings: €50 in December

And nout til November i foresee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Another of my batches is a year old today, its value is €48500
    I have had 11x€50, total winnings for the year €550
    That's a return of 1.13% net for the year

Final batch next week

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Sligo Quay wrote: »

Well its far better than a deposit account, its what i would have gotten with aib online saver before dirt and its only been 2 months since i bought the first batch.
    Overall im delighted with the decision to use PBs to build up my savings, i was useing aib online saver but the money was too acessable for me,

As soon as i build up a lump sum il definatly be looking at alternative way to earn intrest or invest but for now PBs are perfect for me, also it is nice to log in fridays in the hope you have won big, despite winning 50 being a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing today.
    Last win €50 on 1st April, 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Another of my batches is a year old today, its value is €48500
    I have had 11x€50, total winnings for the year €550
    That's a return of 1.13% net for the year

Final batch next week

That's a good return - mine over the course of last year was only slightly over .7%.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Glad I came across this thread. My mother actually mentioned to me recently that a consultant friend of hers puts a grand away a month and cashes them in at the end of each year. She usually comes around with a few percent, trumping a savings account, as has I'm sure been mentioned umpteen times already!

And nothing again....looks like i have reverted to the 2015 pattern .... nothing for twelve or so weeks between march and july 2015

:(:(:(:(

Thank God - my bonds are still in there - 2 X €50 today.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 15 April 2016: €0
    Last win 26 February 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €2200

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Bought another €500 a few weeks ago but still absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement

Nothing today, 2 wins in March, 2 €50, my luck has dried up for another while:(

The final batch is a year old today, its value is €62500
    I have had 9x€50, total winnings for the year €450
    That's a return of 0.72% net for the year

Not as good as the last 2 but one of the PBs won twice on 04/12 & 18/12
    That one bond gave a 1600% return for the year.

one of the PBs won twice on 04/12 & 18/12
    That's amazing, what's the odds of that happening.

Thank God - my bonds are still in there - 2 X €50 today.:):):)

and again!:):):)

Interestingly there was only 3 digits between one of last week's winners and one of today's i.e. last week's was for example A123456 and today's was A123459!

Nothing for me today:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Zilch again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 allyhari

I've been following this thread for a long time with interest, unfortunately I haven't significant money to invest but I have set up a small monthly DD and given up playing the lotto- I'd easily spend at least €10 a week on lotto or scratch cards, obviously the chance of my paltry €50pm prize bond contribution earning me a prize is negligible, but I figure if I raid it every November then I have spending money for Christmas! Until then, it's exciting enough reading about all the big spenders on here 😠Love the weekly updates everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Nothing since February 19th on 50k. Seems to have really dried up this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Nothing today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Negative_G wrote: »

That's awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

honey12345 wrote: »
    That's awful!

Not great. Return on 50k since Feb 15' is €450. It was reasonably regular for the first 8/9 months with a win every 4/6 weeks but not in the last 5 months or so.

I'm looking for elsewhere to invest but I'm quite risk averse so it limits my options and returns considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Nothing since Feb 19th on 100k strange previously longest wait was 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

allyhari wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for a long time with interest, unfortunately I haven't significant money to invest but I have set up a small monthly DD and given up playing the lotto- I'd easily spend at least €10 a week on lotto or scratch cards, obviously the chance of my paltry €50pm prize bond contribution earning me a prize is negligible, but I figure if I raid it every November then I have spending money for Christmas! Until then, it's exciting enough reading about all the big spenders on here 😠Love the weekly updates everyone!!
    You'll win nout but at least you'll have a few bob in your pocket by the end!

:D

Nout since December on €14k

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

allyhari wrote: »

Huh, E40-50 quid a month seems like alot to be spending on lotto. I always wondered who bought scratch cards outside of a birthday card....now I know! Definitely think you should keep your direct debit going and go on holiday with the 600 quid instead

Nothing today.:(

Last win for me was 1st of April, think there might be a message in that

Nothing since February 19th on 50k. Seems to have really dried up this year
    Maybe create a new account called Positive_G and see what happens :-)

Winnings on 29 April 2016: 0
    Last win 26 February 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2200

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Winnings today: €0
    Last win 1 April 2016: €50
    Total winnings since Feb2016 on €6k: 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Invested in Sep 15, Won 4 times in 3 mths for €250 ( 3* 50 and 1 * 100) and nothing since 4th December

:mad:

Advertisement