Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

glennbhoy wrote: »
    Invested in Sep 15, Won 4 times in 3 mths for €250 ( 3* 50 and 1 * 100) and nothing since 4th December

:mad:

Well, thanks was a fantastically quick return on your investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Well, thanks was a fantastically quick return on your investment!

I think he means he won €250 as oppossed to he invested €250. If it was €100k invested it might not be such a good return.

Even at €100K investment , there are many people - here on boards and presumably elsewhere - struggling to win €350 in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

€50 win yesterday .

€50 x 4 since Sept 2015 on €20K.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Frynge wrote: »
    I think he means he won €250 as oppossed to he invested €250. If it was €100k invested it might not be such a good return.

Yeah won €250 off course

Not 100k investment but sizable and expect more winnings tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Myself and my OH have an investment account that has just matured. Rather than reinvest at the awfully low rates on offer we've decided to see how we go with prize bonds. Will be buying 100k worth tomorrow so I'm looking forward seeing how we get on over the next year. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Myself and my OH have an investment account that has just matured. Rather than reinvest at the awfully low rates on offer we've decided to see how we go with prize bonds. Will be buying 100k worth tomorrow so I'm looking forward seeing how we get on over the next year. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Would you not consider a low risk investment for some of it? The return on prize bonds isn't great (based on what I've seen in this thread)

Would you not consider a low risk investment for some of it? The return on prize bonds isn't great (based on what I've seen in this thread)

Maybe next year. We just thought PB's would be a bit of fun for a year and OH is generally quite lucky so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Maybe next year. We just thought PB's would be a bit of fun for a year and OH is generally quite lucky so fingers crossed :)

Welcome to the Friday club where the 12:30 high is free but the regular crashing low that usually follows makes you wonder about the sanity of our decision to buy Prize Bonds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Welcome to the Friday club where the 12:30 high is free but the regular crashing low that usually follows makes you wonder about the sanity of our decision to buy Prize Bonds :)

Is 12.30 the time they release the prize details online? Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I just have a good bit invested and check the website all day not knowing if it's been updated or not.

• Advertisement

When you go on the website, you will see the date of the 'latest draw' or most recent draw so if it is today's date, the system has been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

When you go on the website, you will see the date of the 'latest draw' or most recent draw so if it is today's date, the system has been updated.

This is the page I use to check if I have won. I have it bookmarked on my phone so it shows up on my screen like an app. It's doesn't show me if it has been updated or not so time would be handy to know.

If you click on 'winners' on the left hand side , it'll bring you to 'most recent results'.

:):):)€50 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

:):):)€50 today

A small reward for being helpful here.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 6 May 2016: 0
    Last win 26 February 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2200

pbwinner wrote: »
    Good luck :-)

Thanks for that.

Purchas was done today so should be up and running winning soon

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

Thanks for that.

Purchas was done today so should be up and running winning soon

I second that good luck , in a fair world you and your OH should be winning 4 times as much as PB Winner , ( see posts ) please keep us informed as we are all losing hope !

Essex Man wrote: »
    I second that good luck , in a fair world you and your OH should be winning 4 times as much as PB Winner , ( see posts ) please keep us informed as we are all losing hope !

Definitely. I'm looking forward to being a member of the Friday club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I'm going to cash mine in no win since Feb 19th on 100k , won regularly first few months it's a conspiracy ! Now what to do with the 100k probably stick it all in a REIT , prize bonds was fun a little I suppose .

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

there should be bans for anyone who posts winnings without mentioning their overall investment..

I'm going to cash mine in no win since Feb 19th on 100k , won regularly first few months it's a conspiracy ! Now what to do with the 100k probably stick it all in a REIT , prize bonds was fun a little I suppose .

How much did you win overall and how long do you have the bonds?

started in August 2015 won 7 times total winnings €350

started in August 2015 won 7 times total winnings €350

Would you not wait until August and see what the return is for the full year?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

That's disappointing, I've 20k in since last August, 4 €50 euro wins since then, nothing this week, I've a 30K saving bond maturing next month, I'II put that into prize bonds bringing it up to 50k = 8,000 prize bonds, but that's it, very disappointing reading your report on your 100k, but then again it only takes 1 bond to win big, the bigger the holding just increases your odds, nothing this week, there is always next Friday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Any body know of ANYONE anywhere that won a big amount???

If your debt free and already contributing the max towards pension it's not the worst investment in the world. I have no need for the 100k I have in prize bonds I'm already heavily invested in shares and debt free (apart from a very low tracker , that I'm bringing down fast ). I'm sure most people have better use of money than investing in prize bonds . I personally wouldn't put less than 100k in I think it's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing won on 6th May either.
    Last win €50 on 1st April on €60K+.
    (That €50 was the only win since 1st Jan. 2016. During all of 2015 my winnings on the €60K+, nearer to €70K, amounted to €600 in total. At least some people are a tiny bit luckier, and I'm happy for them. I'll let you know when I strike oil!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

People on this thread are ruining PBs for those who got E20 worth from their grandparents as a gift. Shame on ye :-D
    I personally wouldn't put less than 100k in I think it's pointless.

Case in point!

Advertisement