Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Anyone else having problems buying prize bonds online?

They seem to have messed around their online form in the last week or so and now just throws back errors.

Have tried it for the last two days on two different machines with the same problems, even their contact form throws back an error so all I can imagine is someone has deleted their version of sendmail on the backend?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

People on this thread are ruining PBs for those who got E20 worth from their grandparents as a gift. Shame on ye :-D

You must have got them a long time ago as the min is €25 from when we changed from the Punt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Not sure if I'm in the draw or not as I've not received my bonds yet (money gone from my current account so I know they are being processed). They may arrive in the morning but possibly next week. Then I will be a fully fledged member of the Friday Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Welcome Cork Gal and thanks for your good luck wishes. Best wishes to you too - your advent may bring good luck to everyone and we need a good supply of it! Here's hoping anyway ... things are looking up as at least the sun is shining this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow..... a fully fledged member of the Friday Club of misery.
    You'll soon get bored of the ..'better luck next time!' message while other folks with less or similar bonds are raking in x4 your winnings :pac:

I'll be looking for other bond options later in the year but for now, let the misery continue! :D

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You'll soon get bored of the ..'better luck next time!' message while other folks with less or similar bonds are raking in x4 your winnings :pac:

I'll be looking for other bond options later in the year but for now, let the misery continue! :D

Not gonna happen. OH is lucky and bonds are in both names. We'll be rolling in it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Won €50 today, Friday 13th.
    Nothing else since the €50 on 1st April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

FoolsGold1 wrote: »

I know there is no logic to it but I always think its a good sign when the first post on a Friday is for a WIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

Absolutely nowt again!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 13 May 2016: 0
    Last win 26 February 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

:):):)A good Friday 13th for me too - 2 X €50!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

A fantastic Friday for me.

Nowt again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Taylor365 wrote: »
    A fantastic Friday for me.

Nowt again!

But you got a thanks :pac:

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    :):):)A good Friday 13th for me too - 2 X €50!:):):)

Well done guys 😀😀😀😀😀

Hard luck to those that didn't win..........maybe next week

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

50 euro win today! Yay!
    30k in since april 2015
    total win is 250

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Friday the 13th win for me aswell, last win 29th January on 40k, fairly pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

nothing on €25 and they in there weeks now, wtf like?

nothing on €25 and they in there weeks now, wtf like?

25 euro? Lol. You may win 50 euro in the next 50 years of you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

honey12345 wrote: »
    25 euro? Lol. You may win 50 euro in the next 50 years of you're lucky.
    Tombstone may have the last laugh, it only takes 1 individual bond to win a million, I know, the bigger the holding the more chances you have, that's about it, but at the end of the day, it's pure random luck.
    Anyway, nothing for me today, total wins €200 euro on 20k holding since September 2015, I live in hope, I dream big, there's always next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Tombstone may have the last laugh, it only takes 1 individual bond to win a million, I know, the bigger the holding the more chances you have, that's about it, but at the end of the day, it's pure random luck.
    Anyway, nothing for me today, total wins €200 euro on 20k holding since September 2015, I live in hope, I dream big, there's always next Friday.

€200 on €20k is actually excellent since it is tax free. That is better than any bank for short term deposits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

newacc2015 wrote: »
    €200 on €20k is actually excellent since it is tax free. That is better than any bank for short term deposits

Yes and in less than a year - much better return than I got (with a far larger sum invested in Prize Bonds). And honey12345's €250 on €30000 is also better than my return!

Yes and in less than a year - much better return than I got (with a far larger sum invested in Prize Bonds). And honey12345's €250 on €30000 is also better than my return!

I am happy with my return! :)

Our bonds arrived this morning so we're in the draw for Friday :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Our bonds arrived this morning so we're in the draw for Friday :):):):)

But were you in last Fridays draw, check the date of issue :)

Yeah, I had checked first thing if we had any winners and we didn't. Just checked there and date of issue was 12th May so we were in, just didn't win :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

Yeah, I had checked first thing if we had any winners and we didn't. Just checked there and date of issue was 12th May so we were in, just didn't win :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi corklass how much have you invested.ive over 31k won 350 since jan 15

100K. Hoping to do a bit better than the current return from interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I always say this but at the 100k level you really should have that money working for you somewhere besides Prize Bonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

100K. Hoping to do a bit better than the current return from interest.

nice amount alright id love to build up to this level..u shud be getting a grand a yr return in 50 euro prizes..i hope n believe ill win the 50 grand we all can dream big..

• Advertisement

Yep. We might as well dream big😀😀😀

Advertisement