Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I've been following this thread for a while and have always enjoyed reading the outcomes every Friday. Never posted as I only had a couple of hundred euro in bonds. Have bitten the bullet and increased by holding to €10k. A modest amount compared to some here but am looking forward to joining in the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Just for the record, here's the updated new notice http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Prizebonds/ the weekly €50,000 is still there, with 10 €1,000 and 10 €500, the rest in €50, the million is now 4 times yearly instead of every 2 months, there will probably be a greatly reduced €50s as there will now be 10 €500s.
    I live in hope, I dream big, there is always next Friday.

I Love your one liner I LIVE IN HOPE . I DREAM BIG. THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT FRIDAY..THIS IS TRUE.
    It does suck that the prizefund has been drastically reduced but I LIVE IN FAITH ill win big. Ive won two hundred since Jan all 50 e prizes. It will be interesting to see if lots of people redeem their investment maybe the pot is to big now maybe they want people to withdraw their savings as the cost of borrowing for the state has been reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

Few questions, bought PB's recently.

I want to buy more soon, but is it possible not to get the letter sent out to the house? Usually not around the house :(

With these new rates, does it apply immediately or will it only change in the next few weeks?

Lastly, can I just buy more in a post office? Assume I just give my account number or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

JohnPPP wrote: »
    Few questions, bought PB's recently.

I want to buy more soon, but is it possible not to get the letter sent out to the house? Usually not around the house :(

With these new rates, does it apply immediately or will it only change in the next few weeks?

Lastly, can I just buy more in a post office? Assume I just give my account number or something?

If you already have an account number then the easiest way to purchase is on line. The Post Office will need proof of ID and PPS i think. Whether you buy online or in the post offiice, they will be posted to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

My decline has begun already ... nothing today again.
    I see the number of prizes will drop from 9095 (today) to c5800 from mext month - that's a huge huge drop in the number of prizes, not to mention the value of them.:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 10 June 2016: 0
    Last win 26 February 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I emailed Prize Bonds about withdrawing my funds on Tuesday.

€50 win on Friday.

Winnings on €50k since Feb 15: €500
    Last win: Feb 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

JohnPPP wrote: »

Likely story John, admit it, you don't want her indoors finding out about your winnings!!!!

Nothing again today, will have to be next Friday for the big one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

paulers06 wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for a while and have always enjoyed reading the outcomes every Friday. Never posted as I only had a couple of hundred euro in bonds. Have bitten the bullet and increased by holding to €10k. A modest amount compared to some here but am looking forward to joining in the fun!

Welcome and good luck. I've not done well so far - nothing again this week.
    However, I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

I see the number of prizes will drop from 9095 (today) to c5800 from mext month - that's a huge huge drop in the number of prizes, not to mention the value of them.:(:(:(:(:(:(
    That's true, but when bad news is a announced a tiny grain of good news is thrown in, the number of €50s will be greatly reduced, but now there will be 10 €500s, to be honest, €50euro win does dam all for me only it reasures me the bond is in the drum, if it can win €50, well it can win 1,000 times that amount =€50,000. A €50 win wouldn't get you a good night in a pub, it's not life changing money.
    Back to my real world, my usual message today, ''you have no new winners'' last win in March, 2 €50s on 20k batch.
    I live in hope, I dream big, there's always next Friday.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    However, I live in hope.
    Welcome to the real world of Prize Bond, I think we'll all celebrate Cork Lass when you win your first €50 euro, but I wish you bigger luck than that, live in hope and dream big and there is next Friday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Cork Lass wrote: »
    However, I live in hope.

You only have the money in about 3 weeks.

honey12345 wrote: »
    Time is nothing when it comes to the randomness of Prize Bonds, I had a bond for 27 years which I purchased in March 1985, it won €75 euro in 2012, I purchased my 20k batch in August 2015, 3weeks later I won €50 4th September 2015, then another €50 11th September 2015, nothing till 4th March 2016 another €50, then March 18th €50 euro, nothing since.
    Last February 2016 a bond was purchased in July 2015 that won THE MILLION, not even a year old, but 7 months, bloody hell, I was sick it wasn't me, with the randomness of Prize Bonds, I live in hope, I dream big, there is always next Friday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

5 draws since we purchased last batch of bonds. We've had other bonds for years. Probably about 18,000 bonds in total. A €50 would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

€50 on Friday, suddenly my bonds are starting to challenge the pathetic rates in deposit accounts after being asleep for nearly a year.

I have found an old post office book from 1992 the year after I was born there is 60 pounds in it does anyone know how much that would be worth now? It was in a deposit account from An post. Would I have got interest in? Does anyone know? Thanks. :)

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Savings+and+Investments/Dormant+Account+FAQs.htm

Yes, if you are the owner, you can claim the amount and the interest back from the NTMA and it can take c 56 days from receipt of claim to pay you back!

The 60 pounds is prob only worth c 75 euro, I think and then add your interest.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Savings+and+Investments/Dormant+Account+FAQs.htm

Yes, if you are the owner, you can claim the amount and the interest back from the NTMA and it can take c 56 days from receipt of claim to pay you back!

The 60 pounds is prob only worth c 75 euro, I think and then add your interest.

Would I have gotten interest on that over the last twenty years also? I wonder how much its worth would be good if it was 150 cause Im getting my hair done next week Lol. Can I just go into the post office and withdraw it?

Click on the link for the information.

Would I have gotten interest on that over the last twenty years also? I wonder how much its worth would be good if it was 150 cause Im getting my hair done next week Lol. Can I just go into the post office and withdraw it?
    You would be due compound interest, you need to get in touch with the ''dormant account section'' in An Post.
    I closed a post office book (I thought) in 1979 to open a building society account, anyway in 2003 I received an unexpected letter from the Dormant account section informing me of a post office book in my name with 5 pounds in it, the letter went to my parents address, I followed it up and was then informed my 5 pounds was now worth €165.45cent, it had earned compound interest over 23 years, high interest rates during the 80s and 90s.
    Which brings me back, if it was a 5 pound Prize Bond, sadly it would be still worth only 5 pounds, pity there wasn't more in the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from 10th June Draw - €50
    Last win 3rd June - €150 (3 x €50)

FoolsGold1 wrote: »
    Winnings from 10th June Draw - €50
    Last win 3rd June - €150 (3 x €50)

€300 in a month? Nice - keep it up!

€300 in a month? Nice - keep it up!
    Errrr... check your sums there Tuisginideach :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Errrr... check your sums there Tuisginideach :D

Well, when I was going to school, the following added up to €300.
    this week: 50
    last week: 150
    27th May: 50
    13th May 50

Has inflation/deflation changed that?:D

Ah sorry there was only €200 in the post you quoted, didnt realise you were keeping track that closely :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah sorry there was only €200 in the post you quoted, didnt realise you were keeping track that closely :D

Not really a stalker ... just looked back out of interest (no pun intended) and noticed the nice pattern!

Haha those ould sums catch us all out, but €300 in TWO months would be correct...after pure starvation! I'll try hard to make it work for the ONE month as there are a few more Fridays remaining. You'll be the first to know!:)

But surely 13th May to 10th June is one month (or close enough to make no odds!) - it must be all this new maths has me confused ...

Thank you for the breath of fresh air...some of us, including myself, are too hidebound by convention. Best wishes for Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

40k in since Jan2016.
    50 win in Feb.
    That's it .

Advertisement