Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Do your prize bond numbers not start with three letters such as ADZ or, by this week, maybe AEB or the like? T

Maybe you have it solved, I just put in the numbers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Well if you only put in the numbers, those bonds (and they have 2 prizes due) are very old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Well if you only put in the numbers, those bonds (and they have 2 prizes due) are very old!

Yep, they have a €50 due from 2014, and another from 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I can't believe how consistent you are in updating this thread for a half a decade now

Jaysus, It doesn't seem that long since this thread was started:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Have a lump sum of money to save so I am going to put a bit of it - probably around 5k - in to prize bonds while demand deposit rates are low and inflation negligible. My question is, should I split the money in to smaller purchases to spread the bonds out a bit, or should I buy all of my bonds in one transaction so I have consecutive units?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same odds of winning no matter what you do. You wont be winning anything with 5k anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Thargor wrote: »
    Exact same odds of winning no matter what you do. You wont be winning anything with 5k anyway.

I would agree with you but my personal preference is to purchase in single batches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I won't be losing anything either, as my savings are safe... and if you're not in, you can't win! :)

As a family we have a lot of prizebonds. Since January our winnings have come from batches worth €6000 and upwards - no batch below €6000 has won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

:confused: That's a bit like saying you can't can't win the Lotto with a fiver quickpick. Of course you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

emeldc wrote: »
    :confused: That's a bit like saying you can't can't win the Lotto with a fiver quickpick. Of course you can.

Secretive nature of the draw - you won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 08 July 2016: 0
    Last win 24 June 2016: 50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on 25k: 2250

:(Nothing today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Still nothing on 14k since December.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Nothing today, €50 euro 1st July on 20k batch, no winnings on 30k batch YET!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Nothing yesterday on 30k :(

Winnings on 15 July 2016: 0

Nothing again here!

Nothing today, last win on 20k batch 1st July €50, no win yet on 30k batch purchased in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I have just far less than ye, But this morning I won 50 for the first time in a few yrs, and the form has completely changed from the long one to an A4 page, with Irelands State Savings as the heading, and requested to hand in stubb also, what is going on, are they kidding us, stub is only way i can prove that i won as it has the information i need on it when i send back check to purchase more, cannot trust that it will get through in the post either, nothing is certain, and they will ask for proof of winning if anything happen in transit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

goat2 wrote:
    I have just far less than ye, But this morning I won 50 for the first time in a few yrs, and the form has completely changed from the long one to an A4 page, with Irelands State Savings as the heading, and requested to hand in stubb also, what is going on, are they kidding us, stub is only way i can prove that i won as it has the information i need on it when i send back check to purchase more, cannot trust that it will get through in the post either, nothing is certain, and they will ask for proof of winning if anything happen in transit

Congrats on the win, it's been years for me too.

Surely a photocopy or a photo is proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Dont think so, they say to not remove stubb, as it has address on it, yet we put in the acc number and they can see our name on cheque when they get it back if it gets back, i still need original paper,

€50 today! :):)

Winnings on 22 July 2016: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

2 x €50 for us today
    Last win was €50 on 24th June
    €150 on €100,000 since 12th May
    ������

€50 for me today, it must be the day for members here.
    20k purchased August 2015.
    4th September 2015 €50 win
    11th September 2015 €50 win.
    4th March 2016 €50 win.
    18th March 2016 €50 win
    1st July 2016 €50 win.
    22nd July 2016 €50 win total wins on 20k €300.

30k batch purchased June 2016, no wins on that yet, I want the million, I'II settle for the €50,000, I live in hope, I dream big, there is always next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    total wins on 20k €300.

That's not a bad return, better then I got, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Nothing for me since the €50 on 10th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

€50 for us again this week :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Winnings on 29 July 2016: 0

Advertisement