Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2. Comparative Study

• 08-06-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey everyone! I know its very late ,. But im in the middle of Studying The central theme (Love and marriage) For theses texts:

Il Postino
    Dancing at Lughanasa
    Lies of Silence

and My notes are C*AP! :( Is anyone could help me id be very greatful!

PLEASE COMMENT!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The problem is though everyone does different texts for their comparatives. It's very hard to help you because very few people will have done the same texts as you have. Have you tried asking people in your class?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Cydoniac wrote: »
    The problem is though everyone does different texts for their comparatives. It's very hard to help you because very few people will have done the same texts as you have. Have you tried asking people in your class?

Theres nothing anyone in the claass can do to help! Its the God Dam Teacher :( Here's my only hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

currychips wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I know its very late ,. But im in the middle of Studying The central theme (Love and marriage) For theses texts:

Il Postino
    Dancing at Lughanasa
    Lies of Silence

and My notes are C*AP! :( Is anyone could help me id be very greatful!

PLEASE COMMENT!! :)

i know this is very late...but my teacher has a book where is compares these three texts.. i have no idea what its called..but i could of asked earlier on in the year to help you.. sorry!

Its okay ! :) Maybe some miricle will happen and someone might actually know the material ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

We did those exact same three but we didn't do theme or issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A good structure for the theme question is as follows:

1. Introduction: name your texts, outline the theme and give more detail about the theme e.g. the love in D@L is mostly familial, in Il Postino romantic and in LoS romantic

2. How is the theme introduced? When do we first see it? e.g. In LoS, we see it when we read the description of Dillon and Andrea

3. How is the theme developed? How do we learn more about the theme? Flashback is used in LoS, the arrival of Gerry in D@L?

4. Complication. What obstacle/problem is in the way? In LoS, Dillon is married, in D@L, the church plays a role......

5. Resolution. How is the theme resolved? Dillon leaves Moira, the family is broken up/we learn the truth about Gerry.....

6. Conclusion.

Aw jesus,, your a life saver ! :) Thanks a million for that =]

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

The book which does all 3 of these text is English Keynotes 2011 by Mentor Books

Advertisement