Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city centre hotel

Options
  • 08-06-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent city centre hotel please?
    Have seen both the Maldron and Jurys in Parnell Square would appreciate any feedback on them :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

had some female freinds stay in the maldron about a year ago. it was a nice hotel with nice rooms and close to o'connell street but only problem is the area. wudnt have left them walking up their on there own ya no, dont no anyting about the jurys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

The Gresham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

That is the worst part of the city centre you are talking about - lads fine, girls no. Trinity Capital is right in the city centre and should be reasonable enough though as i live in Dub I havnt stayed there but looks fine from the outside/bar area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Academy Plaza in Cathal Brugha Street is quite nice.
    I've stayed there a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

intouch44 wrote: »
    Have seen both the Maldron and Jurys in Parnell Square would appreciate any feedback on them :)

I really like the Trinity Capital - its very central & for its location and rooms its really reasonable. Nice staff too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

spurious wrote: »

Seconded. Really nice hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Jurys in Parnell St is grand,clean and cheap.Doorman to keep out trouble makers,and the bar is on the 1st floor,so easy to control who gets access to it.As for outside,same as anywhere in the world.Dont dither around and look lost,just walk with an air of confidence.If you dont want to walk there are 100's of taxis passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I've stayed in Jurys Parnell a couple of times and it was great, very clean and comfortable and nice staff, good food. Easy access to everything. As the poster above said Doorman at night do be careful at night but that goes for everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Why are you looking at that part of town specifically? It's well dodge :confused:

The Maldron on Cardiff Lane is a nice hotel, similar rates to the one in Parnell Square but in an infinitely nicer part of town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

What is the budget?
    What are the absolute requirements (facilities and proximity)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Thanks for the replies everyone my requirements are somewhere central, safe and cheap (70/80 euro)
    The arlington hotel on o'connell bridge is available, anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

we booked the maldron in smithfield - is that a bad area?
    just goin shopping and a nite out - got a double room for 129 the gresham wanted 260!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

spurious wrote: »

It might be, Once your room is not backing out onto the f**kin night clubs and they're not looking for cash up front for the room. :mad:

Anyone who thinks that parnell square or parnell street is the worst part of the city centre hasn't been out much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

alibride wrote: »
    we booked the maldron in smithfield - is that a bad area?
    just goin shopping and a nite out - got a double room for 129 the gresham wanted 260!!

Nah you'll be grand. Lots of people live down in Smithfield. Few nice local pubs, or if you want to head into town, it's only a few minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

intouch44 wrote: »

have a look at tripadvisor, though sometimes it can get in wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I found both Jury's and The Maldron to be on a similar wavelength really -both clean, comfortable and convenient for brief stopovers. Personally, I prefer The Gresham if I need to stay in the city -it's more centrally located, has more amenities and an ambience that the other two lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The best thing about the maldron off Parnell sq is the mizzoni across the road.

Advertisement